The Beer Sport

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
And now I am ready to "just settle down for a long winter's nap." :D Trivia question; What famous fictional English character is drinking Old Grandad when we first read about him?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
A famous fictional English character? A novel character? I dont have a clue to be honest :oops:
Btw whats that on the left? I just can read „....erbacher“ and „Idiot“ , whats the full name? :cautious: Its Barleywine?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
A famous fictional English character? A novel character? I dont have a clue to be honest :oops:
Btw whats that on the left? I just can read „....erbacher“ and „Idiot“ , whats the full name? :cautious: Its Barleywine?

Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot...barleywine Ale 11.1% abv. :eek: Yes the English character is from a series of novels...that might be a hint.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats my choice for tonight - Austrian Stout, Oat White IPA from Hamburg, Innis & Gunn from Edinburgh, Scotland and another IPA from London, England.:cool:

Did not know that it was Mr. Bond, @Croak. Learning never ends :D:tup:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just so the "Beer Sport" thread provides a little education (I found out because I've been reading early editions of Fleming's novels. Those brits sure do know how to make a hero); https://flemingsbond.com/old-grandad-bourbon/

you say you have read books, yet your original question asked which englishman drank that bourbon

jimmy bond is indeed Scottish

damn yanks :roflmao::roflmao:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
you say you have read books, yet your original question asked which englishman drank that bourbon

jimmy bond is indeed Scottish

damn yanks :roflmao::roflmao:

Yes, however in the last movie he was asked home? the reply was England. Traitor. :rolleyes: He does oddjobs for their queen, that explains it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Her Majesty the Queen, Queen of the united kingdom of Great Britain. That includes the Scots and the Welsh unfortunately for us.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Mrs P bought me Guinness milk stout by accident. It is surprisingly pleasant.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It's not Guinness, but this is a very nice beer. Smooth with a hint of sweetness. And also from our area of Pennsylvania.

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition; you all know I love stout beers and I really like Jameson whisky. But this particular mixture just doesn't do it for me. There is something "off" about it that I can't place.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition; you all know I love stout beers and I really like Jameson whisky. But this particular mixture just doesn't do it for me. There is something "off" about it that I can't place.
Hmm, not sure what to think about these Caskmate Editions but havent tried it yet to be honest. But I'm keen to try the IPA Edition but missed to do so when visiting the Jameson Distillery last December. :rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts