The Beer Sport

Sky King

Reaction score
It's my 60th birthday on Sunday, so my daughter just gave me a bottle of Johnny Walker Red, while her husband is preparing Corn on the cob and Alaskan King crab. Gonna enjoy being 60!
Enjoy being 60??? You must have popped open that bottle already and gotten a head start. Nobody enjoys being 60 unless they had already started drinking or are 70 or older and are reminiscing about the good old-old days. :cautious:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Enjoy being 60??? You must have popped open that bottle already and gotten a head start. Nobody enjoys being 60 unless they had already started drinking or are 70 or older and are reminiscing about the good old-old days. :cautious:

Don't worry, it's just the senility kicking in

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's my 60th birthday on Sunday, so my daughter just gave me a bottle of Johnny Walker Red, while her husband is preparing Corn on the cob and Alaskan King crab. Gonna enjoy being 60!
And you already started celebrating yesterday? Wow :eek::D
Hope you and your family are having a great day tomorrow!

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Goose Style IPA with Key Lime, Coriander and Sea Salt. 4.5%abv.

Looked interesteing, so got a 6-pack. Slightly salty lager, like drinking crisps. Not bad, but not my type. Would be better as a beer cocktail or something.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Looked interesteing, so got a 6-pack. Slightly salty lager, like drinking crisps. Not bad, but not my type. Would be better as a beer cocktail or something.

You can blame @mhnessie's peoples. Gose (sour German beer) was invented in Goslar, Germany. It's become a terrible fad these days. I mean, Gose is such a bad beer, even the Germans won't drink it, and they created it.

Please, for the love of God, stop brewing Gose people. We don't need hipsters, we need good drinking beer.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You can blame @mhnessie's peoples. Gose (sour German beer) was invented in Goslar, Germany. It's become a terrible fad these days. I mean, Gose is such a bad beer, even the Germans won't drink it, and they created it.

Please, for the love of God, stop brewing Gose people. We don't need hipsters, we need good drinking beer.

Coming from a man whos country gave us Miller`s light........:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not my cup of tea. And as bundesbiers wrote - very popular at the moment over here as well for whatever reason. :x3:;)
However, just booked a beer sommelier for a beer tasting evening with colleagues in September. And of course he has Gose on his list too, I wonder if I should ask him to remove it from the list of beers to be tried :rolleyes::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
People actually make a living like that? :speechless:

Beer tasting is going to a bar and ordering a flight. Don't need no somm for that!
Dont know if you can make a living with that but I was curious to find out how a beer tasting with a sommelier will be.
I've read about it several times. Anyway - it will take place in a bar, or to be precise in a local brewery, food is served as well and to me sounds as if we're going to have fun.
And to make it even better - the company that I'm working for pays for it. :barefoot:
Certainly way better than going into a fancy restaurant, thats how these meetings usually end up. :rolleyes:;)

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Dont know if you can make a living with that but I was curious to find out how a beer tasting with a sommelier will be.
I've read about it several times. Anyway - it will take place in a bar, or to be precise in a local brewery, food is served as well and to me sounds as if we're going to have fun.
And to make it even better - the company that I'm working for pays for it. :barefoot:
Certainly way better than going into a fancy restaurant, thats how these meetings usually end up. :rolleyes:;)

That sounds like fun actually.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`ve discovered a great way to combine two hobbies into one. I have discovered the joy of gardening in my old age and a lot of plants can be grown from cuttings in water. What better containers for it but empty beer bottles ? I`m putting up shelves in my outhouse for my bottle collection and the wife isn`t complaining either.

Members online

Latest posts