The Beer Sport

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at this bar yesterday for a quick drink after work and this lady sitting by ordered a cocktail with ginger in it. Oh, that heavenly smell! It gave me a super craving to drink some myself. Any (alcoholic) ginger beer/ale ya'll can recommend?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was at this bar yesterday for a quick drink after work and this lady sitting by ordered a cocktail with ginger in it. Oh, that heavenly smell! It gave me a super craving to drink some myself. Any (alcoholic) ginger beer/ale ya'll can recommend?

The smell of her perfume or the ginger? :whistling:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

If you`re in the UK, Crabbies do a nice one my wife said.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

It's fairly odd to see big selection of ginger beers. But I like them too. A Moscow Mule is pretty awesome as well.

Just find one and try it.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny day yesterday. Was at this bar catching the game. Filled with Giants fans and I probably was the only one with a GB hat. There was this big group who were having a good time early on in the game. When we turned over after the missed 4th down run and Eli threw for the 14/13 score, this guy was so happy, that he ordered wings and beer for the whole group. "Put it on me, NFC is ours". By the time food and beer arrived, we'd scored twice more and the whole group was sulking around ready to cry into their beers. So funny to watch the mood swing that I had to force myself to not laugh out loud.

Last edited:
I

I`m really bothered by this illness I have. The excessive gas I get coming up, (the down gas just makes me laugh), is affecting my taste buds. Food tastes have changed, and I`ve seriously lost my taste for beer. I can manage a glass of port, but suffer afterwards, but even the smell of beer just turns my stomach. Lord ? I`m ready to answer the call if you`re ready. :(

Sky King

Reaction score
I`m really bothered by this illness I have. The excessive gas I get coming up, (the down gas just makes me laugh), is affecting my taste buds. Food tastes have changed, and I`ve seriously lost my taste for beer. I can manage a glass of port, but suffer afterwards, but even the smell of beer just turns my stomach. Lord ? I`m ready to answer the call if you`re ready. :(
Belly-up to the bar and ask for a Shirley Temple. You need one bad. :oops:

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

That doesn't sound good Bill. Even real ales/bitters put you off?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Quite serious if it affects your drinking imo.

Have you tried eno salt or similar before you drink?

I

Quite serious if it affects your drinking imo.

Have you tried eno salt or similar before you drink?

Tried everything mate. I know my tastebuds have been severely corrupted. I can taste sweet things, but anything else just tastes the same. Severe stomach gas isn`t helping either.

Sky King

Reaction score

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not much in the way of beer sporting for me at all recently, seem to be working whenever i don't have my daughter at weekends.
one darts night recently had a few pints of blue moon(wheat beer) which was rather nice, then moved onto the pitchers of vodka & red bull

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
not much in the way of beer sporting for me at all recently, seem to be working whenever i don't have my daughter at weekends.
one darts night recently had a few pints of blue moon(wheat beer) which was rather nice, then moved onto the pitchers of vodka & Red Bull

RB... you really know how to hurt my feelings sir.

I

I have just opened a bottle of Brinkburn Brewery " Sailing to Philadelphia " Pale Ale and poured it down the sink. :sick: That bloody awful grapefruit taste again. The smell was horrendous.

Latest posts