The Beer Sport

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I've had three different kinds of Meade and each one tastes completely different from the others, but Wayfarer really sneaks up on you.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I am abandoning beer, possibly for ever, until they stop using that God awful hop that makes everything taste of Grapefruit. If I want Grapefruit you idiot brewers I would buy one and EAT it.
Just opened a Belhaven IPA and threw it down the sink....yueck !!!

Better to just get used to it and join the gang of citrusy hop beer drinkers. :D

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Decided to do a impromptu trip to Niagara Falls to celebrate the NY Eve. Spent the nights drinking this...

A bit too hoppy for my liking...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Yay, Go revolution! These hoppy IPAs are taking over the entire scene! Down with them.

I`m fine with hoppy beer, just not THAT hop. I`d like to meet the smartarse who decided it would be a good idea to use it. Why not try old tea bag, or cat litter as a flavouring ? ;)

I

Out of interest XPack, during your travels, have you ever been to Quebec ? They had a bitter type beer which was almost blood red colour. I can`t remember the name but it was quite distinct so I wouldn`t have thought there were any other like it. It was one of the nicest I ever tasted.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of interest XPack, during your travels, have you ever been to Quebec ? They had a bitter type beer which was almost blood red colour. I can`t remember the name but it was quite distinct so I wouldn`t have thought there were any other like it. It was one of the nicest I ever tasted.

Just Montreal, Had to skip Quebec in interests of time.

I once had a thing of having at least 1 drink of every beer in the pubs I visit. But nowadays pubs keep changing their offerings every damn week making it bloody impossible (impossibly good, but still....).

It's a shame to see people visiting a new town/city and drinking Heineken in the pub. Sample local cuisine. Try local brew.

I

Just Montreal, Had to skip Quebec in interests of time.

I once had a thing of having at least 1 drink of every beer in the pubs I visit. But nowadays pubs keep changing their offerings every damn week making it bloody impossible (impossibly good, but still....).

It's a shame to see people visiting a new town/city and drinking Heineken in the pub. Sample local cuisine. Try local brew.

Totally agree.......except if they use those bloody hops :D

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish there were more pool bars. Cold in summer and heated in winter. Nothing pleases me more than chilling out in the pool, drinking beer.

I

haha.... very good then. You know, even some of those German brewers are using THAT hop now. Once it takes hold in France, it's all over... haha.

looks like I may have to consider cider as my drink of choice now :D,or harder stuff.

I

Now don't go off the deep end. Remember the standard of excellence is still around; :tup::tup:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Very nice half/half cider actually AND I prefer bottled Guinness to draft.

I

Ignoramus. It`s called a black velvet and very tasty. Don`t you do that in the U.S. ?? It might be a British historical thing but grew up with such drinks as "Golden" bitter/lager mix. "Brown bitter" brown ale/bitter mix. "Brown/Mild" stuff like that. Just different tastes I suppose.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Ignoramus. It`s called a black velvet and very tasty. Don`t you do that in the U.S. ?? It might be a British historical thing but grew up with such drinks as "Golden" bitter/lager mix. "Brown bitter" brown ale/bitter mix. "Brown/Mild" stuff like that. Just different tastes I suppose.

We do Black Velvets and Snake Bites in the US. Even seen some cider and Ginger Beer mixes.

Latest posts