The Beer Sport

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Celebrating the away win. Left Hand Extrovert IPA.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got a Blatz beer chilling in the fridge for tomorrows Packers game (Gotta be a Wisconsin one) and we will do cold shots of Jaegermeister for every TD, FG and turnover the Pack makes.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
While travelling in the South-West of England I'm also enjoying beer-sporting in different pubs. Have been in Torquay for to days now and loved to visit the oldest pub in town - "Hole In The Wall". Great, authentic pub with many, good Real Ales and decent food. But have seen this sign in front of a pub for the first time. :eek::D

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
While travelling in the South-West of England I'm also enjoying beer-sporting in different pubs. Have been in Torquay for to days now and loved to visit the oldest pub in town - "Hole In The Wall". Great, authentic pub with many, good Real Ales and decent food. But have seen this sign in front of a pub for the first time. :eek::D

Haha... Did you stay around long enough to find out about it?

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
The local pub had a PUMKING beer on tap. Not really my type. Does anyone here like pumpkin ale and stuff?

Only 1 weekend per year will I drink it. And some are good and some are not. Hit and miss. I had the Pumking as well.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The local pub had a PUMKING beer on tap. Not really my type. Does anyone here like pumpkin ale and stuff?
Never seen a pumpkin ale on tap here but some stores have pumpkin ale in bottles. Don't know what to think of it, perhaps I should at least try it once to have an opinion how it is. I usually don't drink beers with flavors of fruits, herbs, spices etc. Just not my cup of tea. But with the exception of Chocolate Stout (very good, very sweet) and "Radler" (beer + lemonade). Btw - 20 years ago it was very popular to mix wheat beer with banana juice. Yuck.:D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to start the weekend with a new double IPA by Brewdog and the classic ale London Pride.
Happy Weekend!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never seen a pumpkin ale on tap here but some stores have pumpkin ale in bottles. Don't know what to think of it, perhaps I should at least try it once to have an opinion how it is. I usually don't drink beers with flavors of fruits, herbs, spices etc. Just not my cup of tea. But with the exception of Chocolate Stout (very good, very sweet) and "Radler" (beer + lemonade). Btw - 20 years ago it was very popular to mix wheat beer with banana juice. Yuck.:D

Beer and Banana juice... *yuck*. Tbh, I've never heard of a banana juice on it's own. As a milkshake, yeah...but as a juice? Just banana and water in a mixer?

I hate fruity stuff in beer too. Missus loves Pink Lemonade and I find myself sipping one myself more often than not!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Going to start the weekend with a new double IPA by Brewdog and the classic ale London Pride.
Happy Weekend!

Well you HAVE to find something to cheer your weekend up following that team of yours. :D

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get over to Herefordshire and drink Cider.

Near christmas, the park near where I am has a big bonfire with seats around it and serves hot apple cider (alcohol shots optional). Nice to sit by the fire, sip a vodka/gin apple cider and take in the festive season.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beer and Banana juice... *yuck*. Tbh, I've never heard of a banana juice on it's own. As a milkshake, yeah...but as a juice? Just banana and water in a mixer?

I hate fruity stuff in beer too. Missus loves Pink Lemonade and I find myself sipping one myself more often than not!

Yepp, its banana mixed with water.
http://granini.de/Produkte/Trinkgenuss/granini-Trinkgenuss-Banane
Pink Lemonade sounds interesting, we dont have something like this over here.
My missus certainly would like it.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now i've tried a few beers that were flavoured or made with fruit, ones i like were raspberry and strawberrry beers/lagers, could only drink one or two, but very refreshing and the raspberry one had a nice tartness to it

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
now i've tried a few beers that were flavoured or made with fruit, ones i like were raspberry and strawberrry beers/lagers, could only drink one or two, but very refreshing and the raspberry one had a nice tartness to it

There ya go. Don't be afraid to branch out a little bit. Not everyday can whisky be drank. :D