OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Back home in Bamberg.

Glühbier and Glühwein.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You had me worried there mate. I know you`re not too well at the minute but don`t scare me like that. :laugh:

I'm doing a lot better. The steroids knocked out the vertigo for the time being. But the disease has done a real nasty job on my hearing. But I'll take the hearing loss if it means no vertigo!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm doing a lot better. The steroids knocked out the vertigo for the time being. But the disease has done a real nasty job on my hearing. But I'll take the hearing loss if it means no vertigo!

I`LL TYPE IN CAPITALS IN FUTURE TO HELP !! ;)

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never drunk Mulled Wine yet.

Apple Cider is the popular winter drink hereabouts, though I find it a tad too sweet for my palate.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never drunk Mulled Wine yet.

Apple Cider is the popular winter drink hereabouts, though I find it a tad too sweet for my palate.
Apple Cider is very popular too up here in the north of our country. I don't like either Mulled Wine nor Apple Cider.
If it has to be a warm drink with alcohol I usually go for "Lumumba"/ Tote Tante (literally translated: Dead Aunt) - thats hot chocolate with cream and Rum. Alternatively "Russian Chocolate" with.....easy guess: Vodka ! ;)
Will be in Manchester and perhaps Liverpool next week, I wonder if they have decent Christmas Markets there ? :cautious:

I

Apple Cider is very popular too up here in the north of our country. I don't like either Mulled Wine nor Apple Cider.
If it has to be a warm drink with alcohol I usually go for "Lumumba"/ Tote Tante (literally translated: Dead Aunt) - thats hot chocolate with cream and Rum. Alternatively "Russian Chocolate" with.....easy guess: Vodka ! ;)
Will be in Manchester and perhaps Liverpool next week, I wonder if they have decent Christmas Markets there ? :cautious:

Enjoy Liverpool !!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm off IPA for the moment. One fine sunday last month, I was about to order my usual Green Flash, I just stopped and ordered a Lager on tap. No idea why....but a month later, I'm still on Lager's.

Is drinking preference seasonal?
Well, I'd say my personal preferences are definitely seasonal. In summer I prefer refreshing, hoppy beers like Pilsener/Lager, IPA's. And of course Weizen/wheat beer. In winter I'm keen on having a Porter or Stout.

I

Micro cider breweries are really coming into their own recently. I`ve become a real fan of the drier varieties of Cider.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Guinness and Left Hand Nitro. Any good stout recommendations?
I find O'Hara's Irish Stout pretty good and I'm a big fan of Fuller's, not only London Pride, their "Black Cab" Stout is very good too and their "London Porter" even better.
Sierra Nevada is always another good recommendation, their Stout and Porter are both very good.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Micro cider breweries are really coming into their own recently. I`ve become a real fan of the drier varieties of Cider.
Any recommendations, Bill ? I loved "Old Rosie" but that's certainly not brewed by a small micro brewery. Unfortunately many of the pubs that I've visited very often only have they "usual suspects" on tap like Strongbow:rolleyes:
I've got the Samuel Smith Organic here at home - thats an outstanding Cider imho !

I

Sadly one of the best I`ve tasted so far was an old apple variety Cider, and a Scottish maker, which was incredible.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yuengling Porter is a good beer like Guinness. (A lot cheaper too)

I find O'Hara's Irish Stout pretty good and I'm a big fan of Fuller's, not only London Pride, their "Black Cab" Stout is very good too and their "London Porter" even better.
Sierra Nevada is always another good recommendation, their Stout and Porter are both very good.

I've never see these on tap in my usual drinking holes. :(

I

Brought this back home from San Diego after visiting Ballast Point Brewery.
Btw - bought train tickets from Manchester to Liverpool for Saturday next week, looking forward to it. :)

Good man. Make sure you wipe your feet before leaving Manchester, we don`t appreciate their dirt in Liverpool....lol ;)

Members online

Latest posts