The Beer Sport

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice one to start the weekend. A colleague of my wife brought this one for me back home from her recent vacation trip to Sweden. It's a a Session IPA, very fruity. Pretty good :tup:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I had this with a good friend today. He said it goes for about a hundred dollars a case (24 cans). Heady Topper from Vermont.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I had this with a good friend today. He said it goes for about a hundred dollars a case (24 cans). Heady Topper from Vermont.

One of the highest rated American IPA's. Definitely the highest rated IPA from the East Coast. It competes with Ballast Point Sculpin and Alesmith IPA.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
One of the highest rated American IPA's. Definitely the highest rated IPA from the East Coast. It competes with Ballast Point Sculpin and Alesmith IPA.
The good news is; IF things work out with this house we are hoping to buy, I will live right next door to this friend. He takes me to microbreweries and everything. How cool is that?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Having this right now during the Everton match.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Thankfully this only happens 1 time per year. Pumpkin beers.

3rd from the left is the Cigar City Chocolate, Pumpkin spice beer, and its really good. The Southern Tier Warlock is a Russian Imperial Stout with pumpkin. Those 2 are the most worthwile.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Yeah not a big fan of pumpkin beers myself. As you allude to, there are tons of them and only a few worth drinking. Oktoberfest (Märzen) beers are my preference for this time of year.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Yeah not a big fan of pumpkin beers myself. As you allude to, there are tons of them and only a few worth drinking. Oktoberfest (Märzen) beers are my preference for this time of year.

Me too... which is why I am happy I only buy pumpkin beers one weekend per year, and just get some of the better ones. Turns out the Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin was much better than I remember last year.

I also love Festbiers and if you see this, this is worthy to pick up. Sierra Nevada did a collaboration beer with Mahrs Brau this year. Mahrs Brau is a Bamberg brewery where I live in Germany. They are probably my 3rd favorite brewery in Bamberg so I was delighted to see them team up with Sierra Nevada to brew a Märzen-style Oktoberfest. I think its pretty good.

http://beerstreetjournal.com/sierra-nevada-oktoberfest-2016/

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Me too... which is why I am happy I only buy pumpkin beers one weekend per year, and just get some of the better ones. Turns out the Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin was much better than I remember last year.

I also love Festbiers and if you see this, this is worthy to pick up. Sierra Nevada did a collaboration beer with Mahrs Brau this year. Mahrs Brau is a Bamberg brewery where I live in Germany. They are probably my 3rd favorite brewery in Bamberg so I was delighted to see them team up with Sierra Nevada to brew a Märzen-style Oktoberfest. I think its pretty good.

http://beerstreetjournal.com/sierra-nevada-oktoberfest-2016/

I can usually get Sierra Nevada brews around here, so I'll keep an eye out. Apparently Great Lakes brewing co has a fantastic Oktoberfest beer (rated 100 on Beer Advocate), so I'm going to keep an eye out for that too.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never really understood why pumpkin? It's not like it's anyone's favourite vegetable ffs!

Ranking by popularity, Potato is for Vodka and Tomoto is associated with Bloody Mary...so that leaves Onions & Carrot.

Yuck!

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Prickly pear beer is legit for summer drinking, I'll tell you that. Pineapple beers can be good cool down beers too.

Members online

Latest posts