The Beer Sport

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Planned to visit some of my missus's relatives which I promptly forgot and ended up in a pub with some colleagues. After the ensuing scene that evening, had to take a "voluntary" break to even things up. :cry:

i should maybe do the same after Monday night, i have very little recollection, but somehow managed to make it home with a pizza

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I just got this today. I have an acquaintance who just started his own microbrew last year here in our area. Previously his beer was only available in select restaraunts in Philly. But now he has begun canning capabilities. I included the bottle to show how freaking big the can is!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Milwaukee does beer right lol

Wanted to go... But father law had foot surgery and needed to help him..

Deschutes was there, dog fish, Lake front was going to have their once a year black Friday....
Black Friday Imperial Stout Aged In Bourbon Barrels.... caramel and roasted malts... vanilla and oak...11.4% ABV

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unlimited beer is like a buffet, I never seem to enjoy it. Always have a regret that I haven't done it justice no matter how much I eat/drink.

Tbh, it was fun in my younger days...but right now, pleasure of drinking is much more than need to get drunk.

I'm getting old :cry:

Sean Confreyt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, so Beer isn't a sport... then again, if NASCAR is a sport then so is beer so it goes here.

Upon my trip to Germany, one of my stops was Hamburg/St. Pauli area.

A rather new trend in Germany is growing... CRAFT BEER. Something that started in the early 90's in America is now starting to creep into German Brewers minds. Baby steps for German Brewers as brewing beer is rooted deep in tradition and history for the Germans.

http://altes-maedchen.de/

However, a relatively new craft brewery/restaurant has opened in Hamburg, going by the name of Altes Mädchen. The brewery go by the name of Ratsherrn.

http://www.ratsherrn.de/index.php/biere

My first beer here was the Ratsherrn Pale Ale. I've have very few German Pale Ales before (2 or 3), and none of them were very good, so my expectations were low before I tried the beer. I was in the company of a Hamburger, so I thought I would try to find something nice to say about this beer if it wasn't very good. Well, to my surprise, this Pale Ale had quite a nice hop aroma. So far so good. After the first sip, I could tell right away they used the correct type of hops to give off the typical and wanted citrusy flavors the Pale Ale requires. I was happy with delight that I could say this beer was actually quite excellent without lying.

Sorry the photo got blurred. Took it from my picture phone and it looked ok at first.

Ratsherrn also has a Pils, Rotbier, special Pils, and a seasonal. Much to my delight, they had a Maibock. A favorite style of mine. The Springbock was quite delicious and was more malt based than hop based. I prefer the more hop based Maibocks, but this was very clean and tasty. A big thumbs up for the Altes Mädchen.

After a little tour of the city, the next stop was Brauhaus Am Hafen... on the Harbor. This place is rather huge, with lots of open seating and an upstairs as well. I went with the German style Weizen and was rather pleased how good it was. Don't know too much about the history of this place, but its a nice place to go if you are near the harbor.

Looks delicious!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
When Itkovian and I were at the Bayern Match in NY the other day, the woman at the concession stand gave me a free large beer in addition to the one I already bought. She was training a new employee in how to fill the cup properly. I'm gonna look for trainees more often! ;)

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
When Itkovian and I were at the Bayern Match in NY the other day, the woman at the concession stand gave me a free large beer in addition to the one I already bought. She was training a new employee in how to fill the cup properly. I'm gonna look for trainees more often! ;)

Beer Sporting at its finest.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please tell us it has not been Miller or Bud Light :eek::D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts