The Beer Sport

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I know this is the beer thread and all...but I'm been kinda feeling the cocktail love past couple of days or so...

A chilled tequila margarita, cool gin mojito, a tall Long Island, offbeat Pisco sour. Oh, my! :tup:

Possibly since I stumbled on a fascinating documentary called "Hey Bartender". There's a not so bad full version in YouTube. If you have Netflix, think they have this too.

If you have some afternoon time to kill, this is definitely worth a watch!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I love Pisco sours. Really amazing drink.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Margarita, with half the rim of the glass salted. Perfect.

I usually go to proper pubs and not restaurants with a small bar to have a drink, but I realized a couple of weeks before that the Mexican place near my house makes some lovely margaritas. Thenceforth have been making a stop there and enjoying a margarita (or more) before making way to my usual pubs.

On its own, its horrid.
But in cocktails, i like to actually taste alcohol, not for it to just taste like a fruit punch, and Margarita's hit the spot.

In my drinking history, if there was ever a drink I had countless shots of, it'd be tequila :roflmao: Now I can't stand a shot. But in a margarita with salt, lime and triple sec...it's just heavenly!

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds very, very nice indeed. Similar to the 'traditional' brandy sour. Love to have a couple of these on the balcony before going out when on holiday.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
A sign that you are getting old; when you go to the bar with your wife for wings and order a glass of red wine (to help your belly) instead of beer or stronger spirits. :eek: How'd I get to be such an old man so fast.....I'll blame it on my kids. ;)

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree Croak. But hey, how many glasses of red did we miss out on when we were younger? A beautiful Rioja is indeed a true benefit of growing old.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
A sign that you are getting old; when you go to the bar with your wife for wings and order a glass of red wine (to help your belly) instead of beer or stronger spirits. :eek: How'd I get to be such an old man so fast.....I'll blame it on my kids. ;)

I was certain you'd been sipping the sacramental wine for ages....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any Gin lovers here?
Bought my first bottle of Gin today and just having a GinTonic for the first time. Not sure if I like it....:cautious:

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Any Gin lovers here?
Bought my first bottle of Gin today and just having a GinTonic for the first time. Not sure if I like it....:cautious:

I'm not a fan of gin and tonics. Or gin and anything really.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Wasn't bad but will having one of these tonight. Whisky is what I love, besides beer of course.
Think I will try the Oban14 first....

Croak has just turned green with envy :laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Croak has just turned green with envy :laugh:

Hey! (You're right) We have my 3 year old grandson for a week while my daughter and her husband are in Tennessee for holiday. She called and asked what she could get for me in Gatlinburg. I told her Tennessee whiskey! Then she said; "How about moonshine?" She knows me so well! ;)

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any Gin lovers here?

Big fan here. In some drinks (read Martini/Mojito), I prefer it over Vodka as I consider it a more refined drink.

G&T is a fabulous drink, provided it's made proper. Gin, Tonic, Lime extract (or juice) and a wedge of lime as garnish...it's heavenly. I used to have a separate ice tray to make tonic ice cubes to avoid diluting the drink further. I prefer it over even beer, in early afternoon or after I've had a heavy meal.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I have never had a martini in my life. Believe it or not. But I would be willing to try one...or two...or three...

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never had a martini in my life. Believe it or not. But I would be willing to try one...or two...or three...

I never had one till a couple of years ago. One of the girls in my team ordered a lychee martini and had to leave before the drink arrived. I hate seeing alcohol go to waste, so offered to drink it up...and was pleasantly surprised. Tried a couple of different. The classic dry martini always rocks, but if you are in the mood, a lemon ginger one hits the spot!

Members online

Latest posts