The Beer Sport

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
and does it have apple flavour as the name suggests ?

Oh yeah, a lot of apple flavor. It's almost too delicious. It's almost like what I affectionately call a "girly drink". A "girly drink" is one that goes down way too easy. ;) You wouldn't want this around neophytes. They wouldn't know when to stop drinking it and could end up in a world of trouble.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just returned from my recent Edinburgh trip and despite of the weather, especially on Friday, it was another great weekend getaway.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Doesn't look like July, does it ? :cautious::D

But back on topic, or almost as its about Whisky and not beer this time.
As we needed a Plan B for some hours of heavy rain we finally booked the Gold Tour at the Scotch Whisky Experience.
https://www.scotchwhiskyexperience.co.uk/tour-experiences
First part of the tour is a animated description of the whisky production process, the second part is done by a real guide and included a tasting of one Whisky of a region of your choice (Speyside, Lowlands, Highlands or Islay) As my wife and I had booked the Gold Tour we both got 4 more Whiskys to try.
So thats how it looked like.

Just ignore this lady on this picture, it's just my wife and lets focus on this Whisky glasses ;)
From left to right: Auchentoshan American Oak, Loch Lomond Original, Speyburn Bradan Orach and, by far my favourite, the Ardberg 10 with its smoky flavor. The glass of water in the middle is for decoration purpose.:ninja:
Here are some descriptions, to be honest I did not taste all of these flavors that are mentioned. But this might be lack of experience or, more likely, lack of fantasy :D

Was quite impressed of their private collection of Whiskys with more than 3000 bottles. All unopened but some half empty thanks to the "Angels Share".

So in case one of you guys should travel to Edinburgh one day I can strongly recommend to visit the Scotch Whisky Experience :tup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Just returned from my recent Edinburgh trip and despite of the weather, especially on Friday, it was another great weekend getaway.

As we needed a Plan B for some hours of heavy rain we finally booked the Gold Tour at the Scotch Whisky Experience.
First part of the tour is a animated description of the whisky production process, the second part is done by a real guide and included a tasting of one Whisky of a region of your choice (Speyside, Lowlands, Highlands or Islay) As my wife and I had booked the Gold Tour we both got 4 more Whiskys to try.

Just ignore this lady on this picture, it's just my wife and lets focus on this Whisky glasses ;)
From left to right: Auchentoshan American Oak, Loch Lomond Original, Speyburn Bradan Orach and, by far my favourite, the Ardberg 10 with its smoky flavor. The glass of water in the middle is for decoration purpose.:ninja:
Here are some descriptions, to be honest I did not taste all of these flavors that are mentioned. But this might be lack of experience or, more likely, lack of fantasy :D

Was quite impressed of their private collection of Whiskys with more than 3000 bottles. All unopened but some half empty thanks to the "Angels Share".

So in case one of you guys should travel to Edinburgh one day I can strongly recommend to visit the Scotch Whisky Experience :tup:

Wait a second... your favorite was the Islay one with the smoky flavor??? Sir, what went wrong with your tastebuds for Rauchbier?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait a second... your favorite was the Islay one with the smoky flavor??? Sir, what went wrong with your tastebuds for Rauchbier?
Good question :D
The Whisky doesn't taste like smoked sausage, that's why :speechless:
It's more like the smoke of a campfire but definitely not everybodys cup of tea. I think I give Rauchbier a second try soon as my favourite beverages and liquor store has Schlenkerla in store. :cool:

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Good question :D
The Whisky doesn't taste like smoked sausage, that's why :speechless:
It's more like the smoke of a campfire but definitely not everybodys cup of tea. I think I give Rauchbier a second try soon as my favourite beverages and liquor store has Schlenkerla in store. :cool:

I'll bring you a Spezial Rauchbier next time. I prefer it over Schlenkerla.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Ok. The wife is attractive. But those whiskeys could drive a man crazy with ****. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
TGIF, starting the weekend with a wee dram. Balvenie 14yo Carribean Cask, followed by Kehrwieder Single Hop IPA (SHIPA).
Happy Weekend @all

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
TGIF, starting the weekend with a wee dram. Balvenie 14yo Carribean Cask, followed by Kehrwieder Single Hop IPA (SHIPA).
Happy Weekend @all

Wow, a single malt scotch aged in rum casks... That's interesting.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Recommended to me by a guy down in the Shenandoah Valley. This is what I was drinking this week. Tasty.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 more weeks to go before I get back to alcohol. Time just goes so slow. I'm already salivating over the imagined first sip of cold beer on 18th August.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Planned to visit some of my missus's relatives which I promptly forgot and ended up in a pub with some colleagues. After the ensuing scene that evening, had to take a "voluntary" break to even things up. :cry:

Oh... one of those situations. :cool:

Hope 18 August hurries up.

It might not be a good idea to read this thread until then. It'll make it that much harder. :D

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sundays is my personal time and there is a grocery shop near the pub I hang out in, so I make up a flimsy excuse before heading out..

"Honey, I heading out. Need me to buy any supplies for the week?"
"Yeah, Milk"
"and?"
"Just that"
"mmm, should not take long. See you in a couple of hours then"

Not anymore :(

Members online

Latest posts