The Beer Sport

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Summer is here. Outdoor and rooftop seating are back!

Anyone heading to the beach over the long weekend? Sun, sea and booze?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Summer is here. Outdoor and rooftop seating are back!

Anyone heading to the beach over the long weekend? Sun, sea and booze?
Have been to Long Beach, NYC today and found it rather boring there. Yeah, I know, I'm not visiting NYC for its beaches :rolleyes:;)
But great weather and will visit Coney Island tomorrow. Did also some beer sporting at
Mc Sorleys Old Ale House, the oldest pub in NYC, East Village. Strange place, ordering a beer means you always get two :eek::D
Only two types of beer, light and dark (Porter)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lovely. It's been great weather this week in NYC. I plan to hit some beaches and Coney Island this weekend. Going to be insanely crowded! Nice pics.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Have been to Long Beach, NYC today and found it rather boring there. Yeah, I know, I'm not visiting NYC for its beaches :rolleyes:;)
But great weather and will visit Coney Island tomorrow. Did also some beer sporting at
Mc Sorleys Old Ale House, the oldest pub in NYC, East Village. Strange place, ordering a beer means you always get two :eek::D
Only two types of beer, light and dark (Porter)

My daughter and the neighbors are going to spend a week at Long Beach Island the week after next!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coney Island was great and Brighton Beach even more fun as everybody is talking Russian :D
Regarding beer sporting in NYC - I can recommend George Keeley on UWS, Amsterdam Ave and The Jeffrey on E 60th Street, right next to the Roosevelt Island Tram. Besides a great choice of (craft) beers they also do offer pretty good food. Was surprised to get a very good salad. Something that Americans usually cant do, for whatever reason. :p;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I never had one when I was in the US, no, you guys cant do decent salads.
Burger, fries, steaks.....but definitely no salads :D;)

Haha... well our salads are very different salads from yours... but I like both American and German salads equally.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I drank some German black beer while in Malta, God alone knows what it was, but it was in a ********* tin and tasted Okay. Any ideas Nessie ???

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Interesting, great reviews. But more important - did you like it? Good reviews don't mean that you loved it personally. What's your opinion? Can you recommend it, Croak?

Yes. I would highly recommend it. It had great flavor. It wasn't as fruity as some IPAs. I dare say, I think I liked it better than Guinness Nitro IPA. I never expected to like a double IPA.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Do any of you use Beer Advocate, Untapped and such? Which is the best site/app?

I use Untapped.

Did Beer Advocate for awhile but it was a bit hipster for me. And Newcastle guys aren't hipster. ;););)

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I'm using the Untapped App to rate the beer I tried. But usually use Beer Advocate website to look up beers that I don't know. Did not try the Beer Advocate App so far. @Bundesbiers : What sites or Apps do you prefer?

Untapped! Although I forget to rate my beers there I do use it. It's a good app.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I did finally have a Guiness Nitro IPA. Was nothing more than a Boddingtons with a little more hops. Like a cream ale in the USA. hehe.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will try these two beers tonight.
Both by Mikkeller from Denmark. Unfortunately did not make it to their bar in Copenhagen two weeks ago and as I heard only good about their beer I bought these two today.
One is an IPA (Green Gold), the other one a Pale Ale (Peter, Pale & Mary)

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is the beer thread and all...but I'm been kinda feeling the cocktail love past couple of days or so...

A chilled tequila margarita, cool gin mojito, a tall Long Island, offbeat Pisco sour. Oh, my! :tup:

Possibly since I stumbled on a fascinating documentary called "Hey Bartender". There's a not so bad full version in YouTube. If you have Netflix, think they have this too.

If you have some afternoon time to kill, this is definitely worth a watch!

Members online

Latest posts