The Beer Sport

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I've done that. Did you do the interactive machine that teaches you to pour the perfect pint? Overall it was a good experience, but yeah..I had the feeling that I never saw the real brewery too.

The fresh from keg is awesome and most beers taste better that way. Less preservatives and such so the flavor is more natural.

I definitely did the perfect pour thing. It was cool. I really thought we would be able to see the real equipment. Unfortunately, they don't show you that. I'm still amazed at how good that Heineken tastes fresh from tap. Never thought I would like this beer.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This is not only an Advent Calendar, this is arts ! :eek:
I've seen something like this at the Guggenheim Museum in NYC last December. A wall covered with bottles of German beer.....really ! :D

If it was German beer and it was still in the bottle, I'm afraid I would get kicked out of the museum in a hurry! I wouldn't be able to resist opening at least one, or two...or three....or four....

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
If it was German beer and it was still in the bottle, I'm afraid I would get kicked out of the museum in a hurry! I wouldn't be able to resist opening at least one, or two...or three....or four....

It's ok. Clergymen have immunity to beer theft all in the name of quality control. :laugh:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You wouldnt even had the chance to touch it, no chance. ;)
Several times I was rudely reminded that taking photographs of it is strictly forbidden by security staff when I tried to make a picture without being noticed :cautious: Without success, there were too many of them standing around in each and every corner of the museum. However, I think the bottles where already empty anyway :D

Edit: On this picture it looks like the bottles are not empty....?:eek:
http://blogs.guggenheim.org/checkli...ottles-of-beer-on-the-wall-at-the-guggenheim/

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the latest delivery by my favourite Whisky store, think that should last for a while.;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Here is the latest delivery by my favourite Whisky store, think that should last for a while.;)

I am jealous! :mad: It must be a lot cheaper over there because you are closer and there is no "sin" tax associated with it. I swear, it seems like every time the yearly PA budget comes up, the legislators want to make more money by raising taxes on tobacco, alcohol and gasoline. Even if we go across the border to Maryland and pay less, if we get caught bringing it across the PA state line, we get fined. We have some of the most antiquated liquor laws in the nation. Sorry for the rant....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am jealous! :mad: It must be a lot cheaper over there because you are closer and there is no "sin" tax associated with it. I swear, it seems like every time the yearly PA budget comes up, the legislators want to make more money by raising taxes on tobacco, alcohol and gasoline. Even if we go across the border to Maryland and pay less, if we get caught bringing it across the PA state line, we get fined. We have some of the most antiquated liquor laws in the nation. Sorry for the rant....
Do they really check people if they bring liquor across the state border and fine them for that ? :eek: Strange.....:cautious:
I dont know what the prices are in the US but the 10 yo Talisker is around 35 Euros or the Bowmore 15 Darkest around 53 Euros here at my favourite Online Whisky store...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Do they really check people if they bring liquor across the state border and fine them for that ? :eek: Strange.....:cautious:
I dont know what the prices are in the US but the 10 yo Talisker is around 35 Euros or the Bowmore 15 Darkest around 53 Euros here at my favourite Online Whisky store...

10 Year old Talisker is 65 dollars in PA. The Bowmore is 75 dollars.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Enjoyed a little of this during the Champions League match. I know my Scot friends would not call this real Scotch, but is is a nice drink and reasonably priced.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
^Blue laws suck.

I remember working in Philly for 6 months. 2nd day I was there in a grocery store and I finally had to ask someone stocking the shelves...

Me: Excuse me Miss, where is the Beer Section?
Lady: Boy, where you from? You can't buy beer in a grocery store.
Me: (Awkward silence for 3 seconds)... uhhhhh, where can I buy beer then?
Lady: The Beer Store
Me: Excuse me.... the what????
Lady: Geezuz, the state Beer Store.
Me: Ok, I'll go find out what that is.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that we would be discussing this. They just voted to loosen the laws *a little*. Note; not all grocery stores are currently allowed to sell beer or wine. Only a select few right now. (Talk about insider pull.)

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2015/12/pa_senate_passes_expansion_of.html
so does the state make more money from having state run liquor stores rather than it being widespread available?

i dread to think what us scots would think if we couldn't get a bottle or two from our local newsagent

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
so does the state make more money from having state run liquor stores rather than it being widespread available?

i dread to think what us scots would think if we couldn't get a bottle or two from our local newsagent

That's what they are debating in the state government right now. Some say it should be totally privatized and the State should get out of it, because it costs the State a lot to run it. Others say it makes the State money through its sales that offset the costs. But the problem is in mismanagement by the government. This Governor won't go the route of privatization, so the congress is trying to get some concessions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts