The Beer Sport

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sorry, boys. But you're probably going to banish me to the ladies section (which I won't mind at all, BTW ;)), but at this moment I'm downing a bottle of Rolling Rock. A friend of mine refers to it as "used Guinness."

Sometimes ya gotta go with what the budget permits.

Sky King

Reaction score
Is that cheaper than Yuengling?

Tbh, I've never had Rolling Rock. Why is that a ladies beer, abv%?
It's not so much a ladies beer as it is a pale ale and the recent topic was stout. I brought up the ladies section because I'm hoping to be sent there. Often. And taking a case of it to the ladies section might also be purposeful.

As an aside, a waiter in Germany once asked me what I wanted to drink. Between my very weak German and his non-existent English, whatever he thought I had said got me a ladies drink for the next round, and also a few laughs from the locals in our group. Help me out Deutschlanders: What libation could it be that I inadvertently ordered? It wasn't "stomach medicine" but something beer-like.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
It's not so much a ladies beer as it is a pale ale and the recent topic was stout. I brought up the ladies section because I'm hoping to be sent there. Often. And taking a case of it to the ladies section might also be purposeful.

As an aside, a waiter in Germany once asked me what I wanted to drink. Between my very weak German and his non-existent English, whatever he thought I had said got me a ladies drink for the next round, and also a few laughs from the locals in our group. Help me out Deutschlanders: What libation could it be that I inadvertently ordered? It wasn't "stomach medicine" but something beer-like.

Radler... had to be.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Well ladies and gents... I'm heading to Amsterdam for Thanksgiving with my Rumänien girlfriend. I wonder what type of beer sporting I can get into over there...

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well ladies and gents... I'm heading to Amsterdam for Thanksgiving with my Rumänien girlfriend. I wonder what type of beer sporting I can get into over there...
Cool, have fun.
And I'm heading to Belfast, together with my wife.
I definitely will do some beer sporting, the world famous Crown Liquor Saloon is on my list of places that I want to visit ;)

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I went to the Heineken Brewery tour today. Here's my takeaway.

Positives: Lots of interactive things with the tour. The beer straight from the tanks were really good (the beer goes to shyte when they put it in a green bottle and ship it out). I'd drink Heineken a lot more if I got it straight from a keg in Amsterdam. You get hands on experience on pouring a perfect pour of Heineken. The tour lasted 2 hours. You get a personalised bottle of beer with any enscription on it.

Negatives. They only showed you the staged equipment they used in the past. You didn't get to see the live equipment on the floor they brew on. They talked about the great ingredients they use but didn't mention they bad green bottles they put their beer in to ship out that everyone knows degrades their beer. Maybe too much interactive stuff on the tour instead of the important brewing information.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to the Heineken Brewery tour today. Here's my takeaway.

Positives: Lots of interactive things with the tour. The beer straight from the tanks were really good (the beer goes to shyte when they put it in a green bottle and ship it out). I'd drink Heineken a lot more if I got it straight from a keg in Amsterdam. You get hands on experience on pouring a perfect pour of Heineken. The tour lasted 2 hours. You get a personalised bottle of beer with any enscription on it.

Negatives. They only showed you the staged equipment they used in the past. You didn't get to see the live equipment on the floor they brew on. They talked about the great ingredients they use but didn't mention they bad green bottles they put their beer in to ship out that everyone knows degrades their beer. Maybe too much interactive stuff on the tour instead of the important brewing information.

I've done that. Did you do the interactive machine that teaches you to pour the perfect pint? Overall it was a good experience, but yeah..I had the feeling that I never saw the real brewery too.

The fresh from keg is awesome and most beers taste better that way. Less preservatives and such so the flavor is more natural.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind giving that Ice Cream Float a try. Guinness is a creamy stout and should mesh in well with a nice Vanilla scoop.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts