The Beer Sport

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what he calls it, because it was soooo good. I left about half the bottle there for when I go back in a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll even share with Itkovian. ;)
I wouldnt share, just hide the bottle and say nothing to anybody. I mean....you are usually drinking Jameson or the other stuff that I never heard of before. Compared to that drinking a Balvenie 12 Doublewood is like winning the lottery. :D

After what Itkovian has been through this year, he's probably the only one of my boys that I'd share it with. ;)

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
After what Itkovian has been through this year, he's probably the only one of my boys that I'd share it with. ;)

After what I've been through this year if you share with me you're liable to watch the entire bottle get emptied :eek:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
So I work late (until midnight) and when I get home I usually have a snack, drink a beer, and go to bed. Pretty regular schedule. Decided to break that schedule for a week and not drink or snack, help me trim off the last few pounds to hit my goal faster.

Did lose a couple of quick pounds, but my sleeping ability has been shot (one of the reasons I have the beer is to help me relax and sleep).

Ain't worth it, going out to buy a case tomorrow :p

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I work late (until midnight) and when I get home I usually have a snack, drink a beer, and go to bed. Pretty regular schedule. Decided to break that schedule for a week and not drink or snack, help me trim off the last few pounds to hit my goal faster.

Did lose a couple of quick pounds, but my sleeping ability has been shot (one of the reasons I have the beer is to help me relax and sleep).

Ain't worth it, going out to buy a case tomorrow :p
Und ? What beer did you buy ? Hopefully no Miller, Bud or any other kind of flavoured water ? :cautious::D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Tonight I had a half and half of Sam Adams Seasonal and Angry Orchard. For the second course, I had this,
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
he he

butte :D:D

:roflmao: In the U.S. that is pronounced "bee-yoot". It was actually really good. I like porters and stouts. This one claimed to have hints of coffee and chocolate. I didn't really get any hint of chocolate, but I could make out the coffee. It was the kind of beer you like to "savor" rather than chug down. I learned something new as well. On the side of the bottle it had an IBU rating of 30, so I had to Google IBU to find out what it meant. Interesting. Now I'll have to figure out if I like beers with a high IBU or a low one.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
:roflmao: In the U.S. that is pronounced "bee-yoot". It was actually really good. I like porters and stouts. This one claimed to have hints of coffee and chocolate. I didn't really get any hint of chocolate, but I could make out the coffee. It was the kind of beer you like to "savor" rather than chug down. I learned something new as well. On the side of the bottle it had an IBU rating of 30, so I had to Google IBU to find out what it meant. Interesting. Now I'll have to figure out if I like beers with a high IBU or a low one.

The higher the IBU's (International Bittering Units), the more bitter the beer. IPA's have a high IBU due to the amount of hops used. The IBU's are measured by the alpha acid content in the hops humulone.

Beers like Helles and weizen have low IBU's and therefore low bitterness.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The higher the IBU's (International Bittering Units), the more bitter the beer. IPA's have a high IBU due to the amount of hops used. The IBU's are measured by the alpha acid content in the hops humulone.

Beers like Helles and weizen have low IBU's and therefore low bitterness.
And Bock ? I assume they are quite similar to Porters or Stouts ? Unfortunately not all breweries provide the IBU on their bottle labels but Ratsherrn does for example.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was reading that the malt in a beer can make the taste different between two beers of similar IBUs. Guinness is listed as a 40, but it has enough malt in it to offset the bitterness, apparently. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale has a similar IBU but it is a more bitter tasting beer for that reason.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
And Bock ? I assume they are quite similar to Porters or Stouts ? Unfortunately not all breweries provide the IBU on their bottle labels but Ratsherrn does for example.

Bocks can vary on IBU's... but mostly Traditional Bocks and Dopplebocks are low in IBU's allowing the rich, malty nuttiness (this word for Scotscheese's amusement) to shine thru. However, a Hellesbock is normally quite hoppy and higher in IBU's.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know the pronunciation, i'm just a child sometimes

i don't do adulting if i can help it, this week monday was playing golf at Kintore, then beer/vodka sporting from the afternoon onwards, monday night are £1 vodkas, though admitedly i felt very old

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dogfish tuxedo...made with spruce tips

Dogfish higher math..sour cherry and chocolate

Both are fantastic

Members online

Latest posts