The Beer Sport

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
so does the state make more money from having state run liquor stores rather than it being widespread available?

i dread to think what us scots would think if we couldn't get a bottle or two from our local newsagent

State run? Not sure where croak lives but here in Milwaukee i dont think we have those.

The state gets money from the tax on the sales

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
State run? Not sure where croak lives but here in Milwaukee i dont think we have those.

The state gets money from the tax on the sales

Not just taxes, state run implies monopoly. All profits go to state too.

Where I come from its state run. We have a lot of illegal moonshine problem and people have die from poisoned liquor, so state owned works.

Just means all outlets are owned by state. The corner shop and supermarkets stop selling and in place you have lots of specific liquor stores. I don't think it'd work in the US.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Lancaster Brewing Co Double Chocolate Milk Stout.....Good stuff!

Also got a mix pack of DuClaw:

Sweet Baby Jesus (chocolate peanut butter porter) - Very good. Old versions of this tasted a little burnt, but the newer stock has corrected that issue. Very smooth and balanced now.

Bad Moon (Porter) - Basically your standard porter, nothing particularly great about it, but it's not a bad brew.

Mad Bishop (Oktoberfest) - Decent. A little lacking in complexity (for an oktoberfest anyways).

Dirty Little Freak (coconut chocolate caramel brown ale) - Gross. Too many conflicting flavors, and the coconut gives it a cough syrup mouthfeel.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I visited a one man craft brewery that will soon be enlarging. It is called Highway Manor Brewing, here in Camp Hill PA. Got to know the owner and he showed a couple of my friends and I how to brew your own beer. He took us around tasting various batches from various barrels. He had a strawberry ale, blueberry, sours, pils. His beers are only available at some of the restaurants in Philadelphia right now. He said the Philadelphia market has a lot of folks who are craft beer savvy. He showed us the equipment he is just having installed. Right now he makes 2 barrels a week. In about a month and a half he will be producing 5 barrels a day. That's when he is hiring help and going full bore. He started this all in the second floor of his house. Then he moved into a bigger industrial type building. We went out to lunch together and discussed Nietszche, Heidegger and solved all the problems of the world. :D

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I visited a one man craft brewery that will soon be enlarging. It is called Highway Manor Brewing, here in Camp Hill PA. Got to know the owner and he showed a couple of my friends and I how to brew your own beer. He took us around tasting various batches from various barrels. He had a strawberry ale, blueberry, sours, pils. His beers are only available at some of the restaurants in Philadelphia right now. He said the Philadelphia market has a lot of folks who are craft beer savvy. He showed us the equipment he is just having installed. Right now he makes 2 barrels a week. In about a month and a half he will be producing 5 barrels a day. That's when he is hiring help and going full bore. He started this all in the second floor of his house. Then he moved into a bigger industrial type building. We went out to lunch together and discussed Nietszche, Heidegger and solved all the problems of the world. :D

You should have put yourself forward as quality control manager.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Happy Weekend everyone!
Starting the evening with one of my favourite Whiskies, very smokey, great!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This is going to end in tears when HE sees this. :cautious:

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Happy Weekend everyone!
Starting the evening with one of my favourite Whiskies, very smokey, great!

Wait... So you will drink smokey Scotch's.... but not amazing Smokey Bier? You are strange sir.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
A friend in our "Drinklings" theology and bible discussion group gave me some of his home brewed Hefeweisen. That's today's treat for me. (In the perfect glass!)

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Tbh, beer should not taste like 'anything else' imo. I hate whiskey barrel aged beers, chocolate flavoured beers, fruit flavoured beers etc. The whole lot.

#justiceforbeer.

But beer has thousands of flavors.