The Beer Sport

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing ****** me off more than a bad beer. Made the mistake of hitting a bar in Times Square with a visiting mate and the Stella was lukewarm and flat. After hours outside in hot sun, this was depressing. Never again drink beer in a touristy place!

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Nothing ****** me off more than a bad beer. Made the mistake of hitting a bar in Times Square with a visiting mate and the Stella was lukewarm and flat. After hours outside in hot sun, this was depressing. Never again drink beer in a touristy place!

Don't drink Stella either :p

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I like Stella :D If I don't get craft, then Guinness and Stella are my default choices!

My brother in law recently offered me a choice of a bottle of Stella or Yuengling lager. He said; "If I know you, you would prefer the Yuengling." He was spot on.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother in law recently offered me a choice of a bottle of Stella or Yuengling lager. He said; "If I know you, you would prefer the Yuengling." He was spot on.

Don't know why, but I rarely order Yuengling. mmm, maybe I should give that a serious go!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Don't know why, but I rarely order Yuengling. mmm, maybe I should give that a serious go!

When I hosted a bunch of folks from Germany for some meetings here in PA, I asked them what beer I should stock. They requested Yuengling!

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
You can't blame them, it really is a tough series to clear!! :D

I'm a big fan of fantasy. Just finished the Night Angel trilogy.

I really enjoyed the Night Angel books.

Joe Abercrbie's "The First Law" series is also excellent, as are Glen Cook's "The black company" series and Scott Lynch's "Gentlemen Bastards"

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Abercrbie's "The First Law" series is also excellent, as are Glen Cook's "The black company" series and Scott Lynch's "Gentlemen Bastards"

Yup, read the first two and enjoyed them. They are my favourites along with Wheel of Time. Have Gentleman Bastards, but somehow never gNow still debating which series to start next, maybe give the Bastards one more try.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I like bottled, original guinness, but definately not that tinned muck :sick:

I

Not really Nessie, although I actually think the Guinness is actually almost tasteless. The Guinness bitter not too bad.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Yep ! Its proper English.....lol

I don't know about England, but "tinning" technology has increased tremendously with food grade heavy lining in the proper USA. Even IPA's and Stouts are being canned and they suffer no ill effects and taste the same as a glass bottle.

I

I don't know about England, but "tinning" technology has increased tremendously with food grade heavy lining in the proper USA. Even IPA's and Stouts are being canned and they suffer no ill effects and taste the same as a glass bottle.

So I believe. I just haven't found one yet. Its obviously an easier way to transport.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score

Tinning or canning a beer doesn't really cause "ill" effects, but it DOES effect the way it tastes as it hits your mouth (if you drink it straight from the can), just like the same beer can have a subtle difference in taste if you drink it out of a bottle or a glass.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Tinning or canning a beer doesn't really cause "ill" effects, but it DOES effect the way it tastes as it hits your mouth (if you drink it straight from the can), just like the same beer can have a subtle difference in taste if you drink it out of a bottle or a glass.

Which is why I'll buy "tinned" beer if my budget is tight that week. But I MUCH prefer my beer from bottles or glasses.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rarely drink from bottles. When in a pub, it's usually whatever they have on top and at home, always in a can. Can's are lighter to carry and easier to dispose (kick into the bin). The only recent memory I have of drinking bottled beer was Coors Light and it was totally different from the Can version.

Members online

Latest posts