The Beer Sport

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I rarely drink from bottles. When in a pub, it's usually whatever they have on top and at home, always in a can. Can's are lighter to carry and easier to dispose (kick into the bin). The only recent memory I have of drinking bottled beer was Coors Light and it was totally different from the Can version.

Coors light?? You mean flavored water don't you?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

There is a Guiness bitter ? Never seen or heard of before, think I must try it on my vacation trip next month.

It went off the market for a while, although I`m told its coming back. Definitely worth seeking out though.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about England, but "tinning" technology has increased tremendously with food grade heavy lining in the proper USA. Even IPA's and Stouts are being canned and they suffer no ill effects and taste the same as a glass bottle.
And in Germany canned/tinned beer or sodas are just having a huge comeback after a some years where you could rarely find canned drinks, especially canned beer, in stores because of our deposit system. There is nothing better than enjoying a can of Holsten on my way to the stadium :D

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coors light?? You mean flavored water don't you?

:roflmao: Can't deny that, but it has it's uses. When you are out with your boss or meeting clients over dinner, this is very useful to drink and avoid getting even tipsy. Sometimes weekend afternoons when you feel like relaxing at home, Coors light, Corona etc make for a great drink!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Jesu Cristo! Blasphemy! First time ever, I've heard anyone describe Guinness as tasteless. :eek:

The draught Guinness in cans is to me sorry :(. Proper bottled Guinness is very different.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I was a big IPA drinker 7 years ago before I became Gluten sensitive and had to cut any and all gluten out of my diet. What a wake up call for someone who enjoys an occasional beer :mad:. For years I tried ciders (not beer) and the occasional attempt at "Gluten Free Sorghum Beer" *Puke* :eek: It wasn't really until a few years ago that beer makers finally woke up to this growing market of gluten free beer drinkers. Finally Beer is being produced that tastes like real beer (without the gluten). Omission is one of my favorites. They do lagers, PA's and IPA's (new this year). So for you gluten free Packer fans, there is still hope!

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Tinning or canning a beer doesn't really cause "ill" effects, but it DOES effect the way it tastes as it hits your mouth (if you drink it straight from the can), just like the same beer can have a subtle difference in taste if you drink it out of a bottle or a glass.

We've done blind taste tests by pouring Ballast Point sculpin from a can and ballast point sculpin from a bottle. Both poured into glasses. No could tell which one came from the can. Pretty good canned technology.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
We've done blind taste tests by pouring Ballast Point sculpin from a can and ballast point sculpin from a bottle. Both poured into glasses. No could tell which one came from the can. Pretty good canned technology.

Yeah the only time i've ever noticed a difference is if I was drinking directly from the can. If it's poured into a glass there's no difference at all.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dearest Beer Sporters.

Beer Sport has just entered a new dangerous level. Please do not attempt the above picture unless you have constipation. The resulting mess is sure to make a stink.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I also had a bittle lit of Mushbills during the game. Needless to say we left one cat ay my friend's house tonight. :roflmao:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I also had a bittle lit of Mushbills during the game. Needless to say we left one cat ay my friend's house tonight. :roflmao:

Translation (for poor confused Nessie) ;); I also had a little bit of Bushmills during the game. Needless to say we left one car at my friend's house tonight. :roflmao:

Staff online

Members online