The Beer Sport

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Just wanted to leave a note to tell everyone how good the bier in Bamberg is. Best bier in Germany is right here in Oberfranken... at my doorstep.

Hope everyone is beer sporting at an appropriate pace.

Prost!!!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to leave a note to tell everyone how good the bier in Bamberg is. Best bier in Germany is right here in Oberfranken... at my doorstep.

Hope everyone is beer sporting at an appropriate pace.

Prost!!!
Will beer sporting in UK/Scotland from Saturday on, excited to try some new beers. Regarding your statement that the "best beer" is made in Oberfranken....you don't mean Rauchbeer, do you ?
The one that tastes like smoked sausage ? :cautious::p

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Will beer sporting in UK/Scotland from Saturday on, excited to try some new beers. Regarding your statement that the "best beer" is made in Oberfranken....you don't mean Rauchbeer, do you ?

Smoked sausage beer ???? :sick:

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Who doesn't love smoked sausage???

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
like a Dunkel type of beer ?

The answer is yes and no. There is a Rauchbier that is dark like a Dunkel( Nessie had this one). It's a heavy flavor with smoked bacon and smoked sausage flavors. It's from Schlenkerla.

There is a also a smoked Helles (smoked lager) with about 5.2 % that has just as much flavor without being heavy from Special Braurei.

I

The answer is yes and no. There is a Rauchbier that is dark like a Dunkel( Nessie had this one). It's a heavy flavor with smoked bacon and smoked sausage flavors. It's from Schlenkerla.

There is a also a smoked Helles (smoked lager) with about 5.2 % that has just as much flavor without being heavy from Special Braurei.

We ALL appreciate your devotion to research :roflmao::tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Tonight I'm meeting up with a bunch of folks at a hotel bar for our pre-reunion "meet and greet". Our 40th Class reunion is tomorrow (at another bar, love my high school class ;)). I'll have to see if I find any interesting microbrews there. One of my classmates owns his own winery near Hershey. I'll have to touch base with him as well. I purposely only drank TWO 8 ounce glasses of liquid today, so I could "sport" a little tonight. :D

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Tonight I'm meeting up with a bunch of folks at a hotel bar for our pre-reunion "meet and greet". Our 40th Class reunion is tomorrow (at another bar, love my high school class ;)). I'll have to see if I find any interesting microbrews there. One of my classmates owns his own winery near Hershey. I'll have to touch base with him as well. I purposely only drank TWO 8 ounce glasses of liquid today, so I could "sport" a little tonight. :D

Was that before or after you locked your wife outside on the deck?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
These were my choices tonight. I chose the Duck-Rabbit Schwartzbier. It was quite good.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

We may get a visitor later. He seems like a decent guy, just misguided :D. He likes beer though so he can't be too bad. :tup:

Members online

Latest posts