Thanks to Bryan Bulaga

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always been a huge fan. Outstanding player, played through pain a lot, feel like he never got the love he deserved. I realize he had injury issues, but still played a lot of good football for the Packers. Tough guy. I've been reading it's expected he'll get a contract at around $12 million year on the open market, which is just too much for the Packers. It's pretty obvious his time in GB is over. Thanks to "Bryan Bulaga...Iowa". I guess the best option is to resign Veldheer hopefully, and draft a tackle on day 2.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People think having to let Bulaga walk is tough....next years going to cause some true insanity I sense.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also love Bulaga and sucks it is most likely the end of the journey together.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at 12 million it is best to let him go. I will also miss the Bryan Bulaga (pause for effect), IWah

ALways seemed to be hurt, but almost always seemed to battle thru it as well. But even if we re-signed him, we're still looking at needing to get another starting tackle on the roster anyway. No way i'm investing that much in a guy i'm not confident will be on the field every snap for a couple years and need to get his likely back up as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

I've always been a huge fan. Outstanding player, played through pain a lot, feel like he never got the love he deserved.

There's no doubt Bulaga was a great player for the Packers when healthy. Unfortunately he was injured a lot during his tenure with the team.

Who else do you foresee us losing in the future?

Bakhtiari, Clark, Linsley, Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams are all set to become free agents after next season. It might be tough for the Packers to keep all of them.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who else do you foresee us losing in the future?

Just the first ones popping into my head....

*Bahk
*Clark
*Linsley
*Aaron
*King

Jamaal
Boyle

*My opinion we lose 2 MINIMUM of these...most likely 3. This is one of the main reasons I strongly feel the Patrick extension and his experience at Center makes me want to move or cut Linsley this year rather than next let walk. Do it earlier rather than later.

Throw in the escalation of Aaron Rodgers salary going from $21.6 in 2020 to $36.3 in 2021 (essentially $15 Million increase cap hit wise) and it gets crazy tough to pay for all these contracts.

Let's not forget Davante's is up in 2022 as well....

Here's the one grace though currently speaking of 2022 and Davante...outside of him there is really no one whose contract is up for that year that is a MUST resign:

Patrick's extension runs through then.
Josh Jackson's is up and as of now so what.
JK Scott is up and who knows which Punter we get on his roller coaster.
EQ St. Brown verdict is not known yet...same with MVS

D

Deleted member 6794

Throw in the escalation of Aaron Rodgers salary going from $21.6 in 2020 to $36.3 in 2021 (essentially $15 Million increase cap hit wise) and it gets crazy tough to pay for all these contracts.

I fully expect the Packers to restructure Rodgers' contract multiple times to create cap space before him retiring.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The old adage is that it's better to let them go too soon than too late. If Balaga goes elsewhere and stays healthy, validating $12M/yr then I will be happy for him. I'll be sad that we missed out on his swan song. However, it's more likely that someone is going to be stuck with a big bill for a truck that spends a lot of time in the shop.

I don't think that we have great options for replacing him, but at $12M/yr Gute better get to work.

Members online

Latest posts