Taking away POSITIVES from this game...

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying the refs are bribed is a positive statement? Ok, what ever man. I'm not going to argue with you.

So saying the ref's call was NOT bogus and and we were outplayed is?

Try reading between the lines.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
Saying the refs are bribed is a positive statement? Ok, what ever man. I'm not going to argue with you.

The refs made bogus calls......no doubt. Harris DID stip the ball from Owens, the ref that was right there SAW it and said it was our ball. The ref BEHIND the play over ruled. The PI call.........these guys seems extra lousy this year. It's hard enough to win against a good team in their place, then you have to try to beat a bunch of bogus calls.
It bothers me........I don't know if it does anyone else.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
nathaniel said:

The refs made bogus calls......no doubt. Harris DID stip the ball from Owens, the ref that was right there SAW it and said it was our ball. The ref BEHIND the play over ruled. The PI call.........these guys seems extra lousy this year. It's hard enough to win against a good team in their place, then you have to try to beat a bunch of bogus calls.

Thanks Cheesey.

I am saying that the Packers, without the bogus calls, the short placement of the ball, the NON calls against the Cowboys, played well enough to WIN this game.

Some don't see that as a positive...

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
nathaniel said:

I thought the refs still owed us from the days of Sniffles and Alvin Harper! I guess not.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Obi1 said:
nathaniel said:

Thanks Cheesey.

I am saying that the Packers, without the bogus calls, the short placement of the ball, the NON calls against the Cowboys, played well enough to WIN this game.

Some don't see that as a positive...
I see it.
With all our injuries, we still gave them a hard time. Take away the garbage calls, and we would have been right on top of them.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly we wernt 100 percent and we showed alot of heart to not just fold like we easily coul have on the road. This Packer team is young and very talented! I like what I see, the loss sucked, but hey we will be back there most likely on January 20th for the championship game

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly we wernt 100 percent and we showed alot of heart to not just fold like we easily coul have on the road. This Packer team is young and very talented! I like what I see, the loss sucked, but hey we will be back there most likely on January 20th for the championship game
I agree.......IF we can get our guys healthy.

ttsather

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am less scared of the Cowboys now than I was before the game. Without the injuries and an improved game plan I say we beat them in the playoffs !!

I can't agree more.

Our secondary got burned, we were without our starting quarterback for most of the game, Romo was ripping us apart, and we STILL made it a game until the end.

I am thoroughly satisfied with this outcome, given the circumstances, and am happy that we can look forward to a healthier C-Wood, a healthier KGB and hopefully a healthier Favre. On to next week.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I took from this game:

- Aaron Rodgers pretty much earned himself a crack at the starting job once Brett retires. While there wasn't much doubt before, he showed a lot of poise and played very well in an uphill battle against a very good Dallas team. I feel much more confident in his abilities to lead the offense after Brett does retire.

- TT has a much better idea of the areas he needs to address on defense this upcoming offseason. Mainly nickel CB and SS. Tramon played well in place of Jarrett Bush, who pretty much earned a spot on the bench tonight. A young CB can be gotten in the draft. Bigby just can't seem to knock off the penalties. I think he'd be a solid backup at SS for us, but I don't think he's the answer long term for the position. Rouse and Collins are fine for now at FS.

- I'm not sure if Colledge is the long-term answer at G either. When he gets matched up against some of the better DTs in the league, he seems to get beat pretty badly. That's not to say the entire OL didn't play very well tonight, but I think it's definitely an area that should be addressed next year.

- Ryan Grant will be one of our top 2 tailbacks next year. The guy continues to improve week to week and played well again tonight. I still think a guy like Michael Turner in FA is a must, but he's definitely the guy for the rest of this season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
I am less scared of the Cowboys now than I was before the game. Without the injuries and an improved game plan I say we beat them in the playoffs !!

I can't agree more.

Our secondary got burned, we were without our starting quarterback for most of the game, Romo was ripping us apart, and we STILL made it a game until the end.

I am thoroughly satisfied with this outcome, given the circumstances, and am happy that we can look forward to a healthier C-Wood, a healthier KGB and hopefully a healthier Favre. On to next week.

With out seeing the game yet ( but heard most of it on radio ) your post seems to hit the nail on the head..

Wayne and Larry were saying the same thing at the end of the game as well

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned that the Cowboys were the fresher team tonight?

We played in Detroit last week, then went to Dallas to play yesterday.

Dallas stayed at home both weeks....

Considering that fact, we still didn't quit in this game. For 4 full quarters the players played with all they had, real effort.

Considering they had reason to be tired because of the travel, playing with maximum effort despite being down and things looking bleak is something you have to love.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard an email that was read from wssp sports radio in Milwaukee..

This guy RIPPED the packers a new one..Said they are like the bucks, badgers and brewers..

The entire team stinks, defesne needs to be completley rebuilt, offense needs to rebuit..

It made me laugh some at least!

Reaction score
The Packers made a ton of mistakes.

Fortunately, we have 10 days to fix those mistakes.

10 days to get our guys rest before we play again.

10 days we could really use, by the looks of it tonight.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was panicking after the Bears loss because I didn't know how the young team would respond to adversity.

I am doing the opposite right now because this team's character and spirit i just can't say enough about...

Last week in Detroit, overcame horrendous officiating and injuries to hold on against a Lions team that finally showed up in the second half...Last night, two terrible calls which directly accounted for the last TD, at least, injuries everywhere I think, clearly outmanned (at least last night) and made a game, almost pulling it out

Some other positives
-Aaron Rodgers*
* I'd love to go off about our first round pick of Justin Harrell, wishing it were Reggie Nelson back at safety, but yet another Thompson pick has me eating my words, I'll give some time

-Ryan Grant is the real deal

-The d-line, limited rotation, if any rotation, stood up well to Marion Barber, who I thought would break us down

Latest posts