T.O. Signs with the Bills, Thoughts?

GJ85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So T.O. Signed with the Buffalo Bills for one year. Would you want him on the Pack for one year to make a run a the superbowl?

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
heck no, we have jennings and driver. even if driver retired, we would have jones, nelson, or martin to take his spot. we are already pretty much loaded on wide-outs.

spartacheese520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only positive I can see for Buffalo with T.O. is the media exposure (or maybe not). I hope that team is ready for the $6.5 million roller coaster ride.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I feel like he'll be deactivated by, say, week 11 like he was in Philly. He's not going to be happy with Trent Edwards. If Donovan McNabb wasn't good enough for him, Trent Edwards is going to be his nightmare. He's not going to get the ball enough for his liking.

I don't like it for Buffalo either. A young, promising quarterback who could now be mentally squashed by T.O. . Not to mention their locker room isn't in the best shape anyways, since Marshawn Lynch can't seem to stay out of trouble.

Luckily for both sides, it's only a 1 year deal.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack has a slight chance to go to the superbowl, with TO no chance.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
carlos said:
The Pack has a slight chance to go to the superbowl, with TO no chance.
I didn't want him, I don't want him, but I don't think he would have magically made us worse this year. T.O. still has talent and would still help any team he's on if he kept quiet for a year. Though if, for whatever reason, he did come to Green Bay, I wouldn't have liked it for basically all the reasons I gave for me not liking the deal for Buffalo.

jaybirdknows

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO is a physical freak on the football field. He can do things not many others can do. But in my opinion he is fool's gold. The spectacular plays are the glitter. However, he still has too many drops. Two teams (Philly and Dallas) have acquired him hoping he would be the impact player they needed to win the Super Bowl. Philadelphia got there. Owens showed guts in playing even though he was hurt. I have to give him kudos for that. However, he also is as responsible as any one player I've ever seen in tearing the team apart when he undercut McNabb. He helped tear Dallas apart so badly they didn't even make the playoffs.

Buffalo may just be hoping to get to the playoffs. It's possible TO could help them get there. But the bottom line is, he can't be counted on. It may be worth a gamble to a Buffalo. It's not worth the risk to a team who feels they are close to a Championship. Two teams have tried. It turned disastrous for both.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I was thinking about it, and I changed my mind.
IT WAS A GREAT SIGNING.
Considering that the Bills wouldn't make to the superbowl this year anyway, not making it isn't a real problem.
That being said, WHO IN THIS FORUM CAN SAY HE/SHE DOESN'T WANT TO SEE THE BILLS PLAY WITH T.O. THIS SEASON?? AND WHO WANTED TO SEE THEM BEFORE THEY GOT T.O.???
They will make a ton of money. Much more than his salary. So, they get a lot of publicity, A LOT OF MONEY, and dump him next year. If they have the right mind, their players won't be affected by him, so they develop their players another year...

gbpack54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Evidently, the Bills organization would kill their first born, if it meant they would be mentioned on half-time highlights once in a while.