Studs n duds vs Niners

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Need a safety that can tackle and cover.

YES!!!

I would like to know the free agent safeties hitting the market but...a safety like Derwin James, Kyle Hamilton, Earl Thomas or Minkah Fitzpatrick should be the model...

Of course, not these players, but drafting a guy with a high draft pick would be ideal...

Defense needs a disruptive menacing enforcer in that secondary...

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carlson missed a FG (made a miraculous XP)

MLF made a horrible decision to not kick a chip shot
Followed by GB not converting 4th and a half yard
Savage dropped a pick - it happens
Bad play? Yes - game dud? - No
Very very good game that came up short
Future is bright - need to figure out future of Bahk and Jones

Reaction score
The Packers should’ve stole this game. I think we were a 2-3 point underdog, but we were winning by 4 with 2:00 left.

Studs: a very young Offense for not crumbling in SF.

Duds: Carlson and Matt’s gameclock management. He clearly never spoke to Jordan about managing that last minute. Otherwise Jordan would’ve scrambled to the right sideline and picked up 5+ yards and gotten a free click stop after an 8 second play.

This is getting tougher to watch because unless we plan on beating everyone by multiple scores it’ll haunt us going forward.

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
This was a great window to make a statement and sell this young team crap, but the choke collars were on to tight Tonight!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: a very young Offense for not crumbling in SF.
True, we were in it until the end, which is nice, proves we're for real. But when the game was on the line, the offense stopped delivering. A lot of mitigating circumstances in this game though, could have gone the other way, but it didn't.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs- Jones, Zach Tom
Duds- Savage, Carlson, 4th down play calling, coaching decisions to stick with Carlson after a long run of poor kicking. His problems tonight were well advertised.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers should have won that game. SF was not the better team.
Not the better team right now but a lot more playoff savvy. And there is a reason why they were the #1 seed. We made little mistakes that killed us. One consolation is if SF makes it to the SB they'll get hammered again by the Ravens anyway.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds

Our youth finally catching up to us. The puckering I think was visible the second the fourth quarter started and our guys began to see it as something that actually might happen vs playing free with nothing to lose.

Kicker/LS/Holder and in that order. On the one miss I yelled **** before his foot ever touched it as that hold was late in timing getting down.

Our run assistance by safeties - just bad tackling at times (albeit Owens and Savage played screens and flats insanely good).

Studs

Aaron Jones (minus the lapse of concentration fumble)

WR blocking, there is a ton of film to show young wideouts this is how you make a difference in a game.

Preston I felt truly was excellent tonight and short of watching All22 may have been our best defender.

Tonight stings so bad, because there was a moment I let myself believe we may truly pull it out….but just incredible run with an incredibly young team with an INCREDIBLE future brewing!
I don't recall Jones fumbling tonight.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need better olb pass rushers. Could've really used a sack or two tonight by Gary or Van Ness. They were both top half of the first round draft picks. Is it unreasonable to expect some production in a big game? Realistically, the defense is a mess. Upgrades are needed everywhere.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fantastic. We have another HoF regular season QB who learned how to choke in big playoff games from the best. Great job kicking your team in the nuts after they got a 3 n out and put you in position to demoralize the nines and silence th3e crowd..
Fire Bissaccia and tell him to take his kicker with him.

Gary got paid and disappointed when we needed him the most.
Did Wicks play in this game?

Tomorrow's headline news.

THE PACKERS FOUND A WAY TO LOSE TO THE NINERS IN 4RTH QUARTER YET AGEIN

Last edited:

GARYELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No DUDs for me . The No 7 seed matched and sometimes outplayed the No 1 seed, not the expected blowout. That run was 2 games more than last year and 2 games more than anyone expected at the start of the season. As for a rookie kicker that’s got the job of getting the team through 2 games to get to a Superbowl? Even if he hadn’t had a mixed season ( cutting him some slack there ) , that’s a LOT of pressure to put on 1 player.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that Love interception put a bad taste in my mouth. I foresee him being number #4 2.0 in a sense that when the game is on the line, I'll be praying he don't sling it to the other team. I no longer trust him completely.

Duds: I'm disappointed in the offense. Once again MLF's offense becomes stagnant against SF and one of the reasons we lose. After that Aaron Jones run there is no way this offense should not have had a touchdown. The RedZone offense continues to freeze against SF.
We also need to replace some players on that Defense side. Crazy how much money we've spent on that side of the ball over the last few years and we still can't get it to work no matter what.

There are no studs, they choked away the game like they always do.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our ilbs and interior dline also suck! Yeah they have stretches where they played ok. Cannot rely on them to close out a game!! Lafleur playing for a missed fg instead of calling a few better plays to at least have a shot at a game winning td didn't help. Tom leaving the game really hurt, as Nijman has shown he is not on the same level!

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This crap of losing playoff games like we do is getting old. It really appeared that this team had what it takes, even though very young, to get there but something always fails at the end.
Probably next yr will have #1seed and get beat by #7 seed. Rinse and repeat.
Darn we had it.
Need another Reggie White like player and a coach who says "it's time"!!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts