Studs n duds Vikings

D

Deleted member 6794

LOL I was vocal about criticizing fans? If you want to take me saying that some fans only consider winning it all as a success, as a criticism, then go for it Captain, but it is true. What other fans want, need or desire is up to them and who cares if it differs from my personal views, since none of it influences the outcome of the game.

I'm sorry but I consider it strange that for the past years you have told other posters that it's ridiculous to solely consider winning a Super Bowl as a success and not you're the one considering this season to be a failure if the Packers don't hoist the Lombardi Trophy in February.

You suddenly seem to have a real issue with people having different opinions than yours, what gives?

I don't have any issue with other posters having a different opinion. There's a difference in you changing your mind based on what fits your narrative at a certain point though.

Duds- giving up two cheap touchdowns at the end to make it look like it was closer than It was.

The Packers were playing backups at that point, no need to be bothered by it in my opinion.

I haven't seen Schlereth in years.

Schlereth was calling the Commanders vs Browns game on Sunday.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I consider it strange that for the past years you have told other posters that it's ridiculous to solely consider winning a Super Bowl as a success and not you're the one considering this season to be a failure if the Packers don't hoist the Lombardi Trophy in February.
Actually, what I have stated and felt for a long time, is that in MY opinion, a season shouldn't be judged only by winning the Lombardi. What excites other fans and determines the way that they view a season, is totally up to them. I don't ever recall saying that their view is ridiculous, if I did, my apologies to those whose feelings I hurt. I enjoy each and every game, win or lose. Wins are nice, but ultimately it is just a game of entertainment for me. Much like a TV series or Movie, I can enjoy the highs and lows, but could care less if they win awards for being the best.

Fans enjoy football games and other sports for a number of different reasons. That is a personal preference and if it differs from mine, who cares.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As before, for me, the Packers success depends on expectations. For most of the Favre/Rodgers era, the Lombardi has been the only measure of success, primarily because they were usually among the favorites to win it. In the Gory Years, it was more about a winning record or, more probably, winning certain games (such as this weekend could be for the Lions). This year has been a little unusual in that they started as a favorite, were almost eliminated (at which time I looked forward to watching Love), and now could at least be in the playoffs, which was nowhere near enough at the start but could now be really cool.

Overall, I don't like any sports enough to watch for the sake of the game. If I don't have a team or individual to root for or against, I'm out. That's why I watch the Olympics (to root for the USA, even in sports I've never heard of).

Ultimately, of course, what entertains one is strictly a matter of personal opinion.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As before, for me, the Packers success depends on expectations. For most of the Favre/Rodgers era, the Lombardi has been the only measure of success, primarily because they were usually among the favorites to win it. In the Gory Years, it was more about a winning record or, more probably, winning certain games (such as this weekend could be for the Lions). This year has been a little unusual in that they started as a favorite, were almost eliminated (at which time I looked forward to watching Love), and now could at least be in the playoffs, which was nowhere near enough at the start but could now be really cool.

Overall, I don't like any sports enough to watch for the sake of the game. If I don't have a team or individual to root for or against, I'm out. That's why I watch the Olympics (to root for the USA, even in sports I've never heard of).

Ultimately, of course, what entertains one is strictly a matter of personal opinion.
Well said.

Reaction score
It was interesting to use the search feature and type in "Nixon". So many positive posts about the guy this season! Priority resign, like get it done yesterday!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
To put Nixon in perspective, we all remember Devin Hester and a pretty stellar 11 season career

Nixon KR average would rank 2nd best for Hester in 11 seasons.

Nixon’s PR average would rank 4th best in 11 seasons.

Nixon has 930 KR yards across 10 games. Hester exceeded that in just 3 entire seasons. One was 934 yards!

Reaction score
Actually, what I have stated and felt for a long time, is that in MY opinion, a season shouldn't be judged only by winning the Lombardi. What excites other fans and determines the way that they view a season, is totally up to them. I don't ever recall saying that their view is ridiculous, if I did, my apologies to those whose feelings I hurt. I enjoy each and every game, win or lose. Wins are nice, but ultimately it is just a game of entertainment for me. Much like a TV series or Movie, I can enjoy the highs and lows, but could care less if they win awards for being the best.

Fans enjoy football games and other sports for a number of different reasons. That is a personal preference and if it differs from mine, who cares.
I only care about winning Superbowls and making @captainWIMM care about my opinion!

I’m still working on the latter part and it’s harder than us winning a Super Bowl! :laugh:

Last edited:

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To put Nixon in perspective, we all remember Devin Hester and a pretty stellar 11 season career

Nixon KR average would rank 2nd best for Hester in 11 seasons.

Nixon’s PR average would rank 4th best in 11 seasons.

Nixon has 930 KR yards across 10 games. Hester exceeded that in just 3 entire seasons. One was 934 yards!
To give this a little more context:

Hester's three seasons with more than 930 yards were 2013, 2014, and 2007.

In 2013 he had 1,436 yards on 52 returns.
In 2014 he had 1,128 yards on 45 returns.
In 2007 he had 934 yards on 43 returns.

In all three seasons he had a full 16 games as "primary" returner and in all three years he finished with a lower yards per return average (27.6, 25.1, and 21.7 Y/RT, respectively) than Nixon is on for this season (30.0).

As mentioned Nixon's 30.0 Y/RT average would be the second-best season of Hester's career by that measure. But it is also then worth noting that the one season in which Hester bested this average (2010 with 35.6 Y/RT) he only had 12 total returns for 427 yards.

Obviously that's not to say Nixon's a better returner than Hester but it's really pretty impressive what he's done in a short amount of time this season.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope

Constant you said this...no I didn't..well I'm going to call u out..well I'll defend myself...

And seems like same people
And this is more “adult” of any of the boards I’ve seen. I enjoy 99% of this forum. I have fun here. Pro sports daily looks like it’s ran by 3 year olds. Can’t we all just get along? :-(

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I find amazing about Keisean is that at Oakland, he returned 6 kickoffs for only 84 yards and stunk it up. It was a small sample but they quikly gave up on him. It would be great to ask Keisean what he thinks are the reasons he's averaging 30 yards per return in GB and didn't even have half that in Oakland.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’d give him Props.. but it seems like it’s already happened?
No, he gave the....prop....to Dillion. Which Dillion talked about how great Wisconsin fans are. Hope he hides it in the goal post and pulls it out after a TD...oh wait....that kind of stunt got Michael Thomas fined $30K! Of course Thomas was just recreating a stunt originally done by Joe horn. Who also got fined $30K.

Reaction score
No, he gave the....prop....to Dillion. Which Dillion talked about how great Wisconsin fans are. Hope he hides it in the goal post and pulls it out after a TD...oh wait....that kind of stunt got Michael Thomas fined $30K! Of course Thomas was just recreating a stunt originally done by Joe horn. Who also got fined $30K.

I remember that. That was a very expensive phone call!

When Dillon scores I think they should form a Human Train and Dillon could be the Lead Conductor.m using that conductors Baton.
Mix it up a little. Keep it interesting :cool:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I remember that. That was a very expensive phone call!

When Dillon scores I think they should form a Human Train and Dillon could be the Lead Conductor.m using that conductors Baton.
Mix it up a little. Keep it interesting :cool:
I don't think players are allowed to come from the sidelines to join a celebration and that would be the only way to get the baton on the field, without a fine, I could be wrong. They might even get fined if it was brought from the sidelines.

Reaction score
I don't think players are allowed to come from the sidelines to join a celebration and that would be the only way to get the baton on the field, without a fine, I could be wrong. They might even get fined if it was brought from the sidelines.
I’d just be happy with Dillon scoring. I’ll do my own celebration. :)

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Collinsworth makes some very good play analysis. Where he blows it is with superlatives. Crap like "that is the best catch ever." If he sticks with football analysis he is good imho. But of course he doesn't.
When a bad call goes against the Packers, he'll comment on what a great call it was.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts