Studs n duds Colts

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never said he wasnt the best.

Just think was wrong play and should been more options

I get it, it's one of the reasons it was so obvious how badly MLF was outcoached in this game. I also don't understand why Jamal Williams played more snaps than Aaron Jones, and that 4th down play is one of those weird choices. MLF comes into games with very good gameplans, his scripted plays at the beginning generally work very well; he doesn't do very well at making adjustments though. Hopefully that will come with time, because he's not always going to have Rodgers there to support him.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Studs:
Alexander
Jones
Adams
Gary
MVS (before OT)
Jenkins (that guy is turning into one heck of an offensive lineman at basically every possible position)

Duds:
Gute
Entire coaching staff
Secondary
MVS (OT)
Special Teams

First, for everyone angry at MVS (the people sending that kid death threats need to be shot off the planet in a howitzer), he absolutely deserves it; but don't forget the guy that put him in that position. Gute continues to show that his offseason of preparing for the future has hamstrung a legit Super Bowl worthy team. The Packers have a terrible receiving group and terrible dline.

Jenkins is so, SO good at every position on the oline. I'm starting to think they should let him play ILB on defense since apparently he can play anywhere at an All-Pro level.

Finally, special shoutout to MLF who got thoroughly outcoached when Frank ***** took the dastardly step of using half-time to make adjustments. I'm pretty sure at this point that MLF uses halftime for a quick power nap.

WHAT ? Death threats ?, for **** sake, I love this team too but sometimes I despair of the ****ing so called fan base. Bostick nearly had a breakdown from his mistake and the back lash from it. Just let me know if you agree with the death threats so I can put you on ignore. This beggars belief, seriously !!!!!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
From what my untrained eyes saw.

Adams wasnt open and rodgers didnt use progression..he didnt use it because to me...he seemed to be locked in only k adams..

And that is the issue some of us have he doesnt look else where..

And this was a perfect example of what we are saying

Wrong play hated it..if it truly was only go to adams, then it was wrong imo

Should had more optins

These are 2 very different statements though. The first being that you are incorrectly blaming Rodgers for "being locked in on Adams" and "not using progressions". Watch the play, he had just enough time to see Adams was covered and get rid of the ball before being tackled. The other 2 WR's in his field of vision (MVS and Lazard) would have been terrible options.

Your Second statement, you don't like the play call.

While I agree slightly with your second point but only in hind site, love the Play if it worked. Adams was one on one against Rock Ya-Sin, which was a pretty favorable match-up. Rock just happened to play it really well.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
These are 2 very different statements though. The first being that you are incorrectly blaming Rodgers for "being locked in on Adams" and "not using progressions". Watch the play, he had just enough time to see Adams was covered and get rid of the ball before being tackled. The other 2 WR's in his field of vision (MVS and Lazard) would have been terrible options.

While I agree slightly with your second point but only in hind site, love the Play if it worked. Adams was one on one against Rock Ya-Sin, which was a pretty favorable match-up. Rock just happened to play it really well.
You and sunshine made me re think things.

I still hated it...imo still was locked in on him and I fully understand.

I just wanted more options

And heard a snip pc that rodgers said he hopes he doesnt rue the day for not seeing tonyan???

Im..at work and was on someones radio..wasnt sure of station

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

And heard a snip pc that rodgers said he hopes he doesnt rue the day for not seeing tonyan???

I would love to see an overhead shot of the whole field on that play. But even without it, if you watch it a few times and frame by frame. Rodgers and everyone else can R-E-L-A-X, he had just enough time to throw it away and really nothing else. That FOX cut away shot to Tanyan is so damn deceiving, yes he was wide open, after the play was over. lol

I really don't doubt that if Bahk and Turner had blocked better on that one play and gave Roders a few more seconds, he doesn't throw the ball away, he checks off of Adams, turns and sees Tonyan all alone.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fans who vent on social media and attack the players, in particular MVS and using death threats. Are you freaking kidding me??? It's a GAME.
I was unhappy with MVS too, but death threats? That's disgusting.
Anyway, he looked like he was as mortified as anyone.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First, expecting the defense to NOT double cover Adams is just silly and second, how could anyone justify Williams being in the game rather than Jones? The play call was naive and the personnel used was just stupid.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My main complaint was putting the worse RB in the game for a critical play.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one half where Offense played well and Defense was "satisfactory" 2d half Offense did not adjust to Colts D adjustments and were not good at all; defense was terrible, out of position players, poor tackling, little or no pass rush, not staying in their lanes on the rush and DC is just plain bad in his play calling. If GB does anything in next years draft it should be 1 WR, 1 OL and the rest on D, hopefully someone who can actually plug a hole in the line against the opponent running the ball. How many years do the Packers have to get blown off the ball, outrushed and just plain beat before they figure out they are not good against teams running the ball. .

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your bias is showing. Williams is a very good receiving back. No way Jones catches that ball either where Roggers threw it.

My bias is not showing. In no rationale analysis could you claim Williams is the better player. On 4th down, the better players should be on the field.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bias is not showing. In no rationale analysis could you claim Williams is the better player. On 4th down, the better players should be on the field.
And I would argue that on 4th and 1 Williams is the better player for the situation. He is a much more powerful runner and can still catch very well. Jones is more athletic but that doesn’t make him the better choice in a short yardage situation.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I would argue that on 4th and 1 Williams is the better player for the situation. He is a much more powerful runner and can still catch very well. Jones is more athletic but that doesn’t make him the better choice in a short yardage situation.
I agree that Williams is better suited for 4th and 1 if we're trying to punch it straight up the middle. Besides it's not like we haven't tried 4th and 1 with Jones only to see him fail.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Besides it's not like we haven't tried 4th and 1 with Jones only to see him fail.

3rd and 1, 4th and 1, so damn frustrating for the Packers, even back in the McCarthy days.

Now I am sure other teams struggle too, but as a fan you just hate to see your team not be able to pick up one yard. This is especially true when the attempt is as boring as getting stuffed on a run right up the middle or watching Rodgers throw 20+ yards down the field and miss.

MLF needs to sit down and script 10 creative short yardage plays that a defense isn't just waiting for what they know is coming.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But the Devine thing got pretty ugly I think.

FWIW, the story is that somebody shot Devine's dog toward the end.

The reality is that Devine let the dog run free all the time and it went after livestock on a neighbor's farm to often. After the expected back and forth, the neighbor warned Devine. No change. Farmer shot dog.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Williams is better suited for 4th and 1 if we're trying to punch it straight up the middle. Besides it's not like we haven't tried 4th and 1 with Jones only to see him fail.
Frankly I would have been fine if Jones had been in their as well. My response was to Sunshine, who has been rabid about his insistence that Jones is the answer for the Packers in all cases. It’s why I told him his bias was showing. Jones is a very good back and is more likely to break a run for big yards than Williams is. However, as I said above, Williams runs with more of a load. Both of them are good receivers.. so again either is a good choice in that department. On a 4th and 1, I’m fine if the Packers go with Williams over Jones.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was surprised to see that the Packers are 4th in the NFL on 3rd down conversions (47.90%) but 21st in 4th down conversions (53.3%).

IF anyone has them, I would love to see a breakdown on yardage needed to gain. Since I am skeptical that we would be in that same 48-53% range on our 3rd and 4th down and 2 or less yards. Just feels like we struggle on those short yardage pickups, I could be wrong.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Having vision and lateral quickness is WAY more important than power (it's why Jones is actually the better short yardage back). Thank you for proving my point about rational arguments.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3rd and 1, 4th and 1, so damn frustrating for the Packers, even back in the McCarthy days.

Now I am sure other teams struggle too, but as a fan you just hate to see your team not be able to pick up one yard. This is especially true when the attempt is as boring as getting stuffed on a run right up the middle or watching Rodgers throw 20+ yards down the field and miss.

MLF needs to sit down and script 10 creative short yardage plays that a defense isn't just waiting for what they know is coming.

Give it to Tyler Lancaster as a FB and let him truck it up the middle the way the fridge used to.

Lol anyway on that particular play they tried the short route play but Williams got smothered and he tried the floater pass. What I don't get is why they didn't have Sternberger running in the flat on that play. He's an athletic dude whose always open when he runs that one.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having vision and lateral quickness is WAY more important than power (it's why Jones is actually the better short yardage back). Thank you for proving my point about rational arguments.
actually it's not really. Quit making people have to argue for or against a back. they're both good at what they do. When the bodies pile up, power to keep pushing forward is important. The entirety of the league and its history disagrees with you on that.

Regardless, Jones wasn't getting the first down on that play either. They played it perfectly for our play call.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was surprised to see that the Packers are 4th in the NFL on 3rd down conversions (47.90%) but 21st in 4th down conversions (53.3%).

IF anyone has them, I would love to see a breakdown on yardage needed to gain. Since I am skeptical that we would be in that same 48-53% range on our 3rd and 4th down and 2 or less yards. Just feels like we struggle on those short yardage pickups, I could be wrong.
When I see statistics like that I immediately ask myself “why”? It would seem that 3rd and 4th down are nit the same thing. The Packers are a very good team on offense and are likely to convert a 3rd down. However when they run up against a team that can force them to 4th down... they are often unsuccessful. This kind of agrees with the narrative that the Packers offense regularly struggles against the better defenses.

Members online

Latest posts