Studs n duds Colts

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kirksey was 2nd on the team in tackles with 6 and had 5 assisted tackles with an INT. He also had the TD return called back, which seemed almost identical to the Rodgers fumble to end the game against MN. He might not be the best ILB in the league, but he is not a bad football player. Everyone knows we need to upgrade that position, but he is probably the best on the team.
Watch him more closely. The fumble really has nothing to do with playing good football. Martinez had a lot of tackles also. Constantly Kirksey either played too deep to do anything else but make a late tackle or came in just to add his body to an already big mob of players instead of watching for the runner to possibly kick out of the scrum. We would be better off playing the younger guys. And the INT. Kerksey's guy was open and would still be running if Billy Winn would not have tipped the ball.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Watch him more closely. The fumble really has nothing to do with playing good football. Martinez had a lot of tackles also. Constantly Kirksey either played too deep to do anything else but make a late tackle or came in just to add his body to an already big mob of players instead of watching for the runner to possibly kick out of the scrum. We would be better off playing the younger guys. And the INT. Kerksey's guy was open and would still be running if Billy Winn would not have tipped the ball.

There was run play where the Colts running back got stuck in the hole. I said to myself, who was that? I have not seen a Packer defender hit like that. I thought it was Martin or Barnes. Nope, it was Kirksey. Martinez would have made that same tackle 3-5 yards down field. Again, I don't think he is the best ILB in the league. However, I think it is pretty clear he is the best on the Packers.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A Stud that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Jon Runyan: Came in and played 50 snaps at LG and quite well.

I think Gute may have gotten a major steal on this 6th rounder. I also think we may have seen next years starting OL after Linsley left the game.

DUDS...just because I had to pile on:

Shepherd:This guy is not an NFL caliber anything, cut him now. He plays scared and timid.

Mennenga: Another Special teams coach fail

Pettine: I dare you to try tackling that door on your way out.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers locked in on Adams..

Tonyan wide effing open.

Come on man

No one can defend that horrible over look of go ahead td mis cue on rodgers

Which also explained that pick 6 against Tampa. Someone needs to break through to him that he cant just look at Adams. We had a better offense with Adams on the sideline when Rodgers was heavily targeting Tonyan and Lazard. We are not paying Rodgers on a high first rounder salary to make those types of mistakes.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Which also explained that pick 6 against Tampa. Someone needs to break through to him that he cant just look at Adams. We had a better offense with Adams on the sideline when Rodgers was heavily targeting Tonyan and Lazard. We are not paying Rodgers on a high first rounder salary to make those types of mistakes.

Who is the best WR/receiver on the field for the Packers?

Given your answer, if you were Rodgers, who would you tend to look more at when dropping back to pass?

Of course Adams is Rodgers #1 go to man receiver, he has proven himself worthy of that. All this talk about "Rodgers needs to look at other targets" is just hyperbole for trying to point fingers in the wrong place when things don't work out. Rodgers spreads the ball out just fine when he is given the time to actually do so. However, when he isn't given much time, of course he is going to get rid of the ball quicker and thus might only have time for one read. So I am not going to get mad when that guy is the best route runner and the most sure handed receiver Rodgers has.

Give Rodgers some improved receivers and maybe Adams won't be his only "go to guy".

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Absolutely not. YOU LOOK TO THE BEST WR IN THE GAME!!

This whole narrative that Rodgers looks at Adams too much is laughable to me, Adams is open about 80% of the time he's on the field because he's that fukn good. You go to him, you look to him, you keep feeding him.

Krabs

Reaction score

This whole narrative that Rodgers looks at Adams too much is laughable to me, Adams is open about 80% of the time he's on the field because he's that fukn good. You go to him, you look to him, you keep feeding him.

Even if Tonyan is wide open in the back of the end zone for the game winning TD?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Even if Tonyan is wide open in the back of the end zone for the game winning TD?

Depends. Did Rodgers see him? Did Rodgers have time to see him. Was Adams open? I think you can look at many failed plays from above and say "WTF was Rodgers doing on this?" When in reality, Rodgers wasn't looking at the field from above, with a wide angle look to see everyone, nor could he look at it in slow motion or one frame at a time. Imagine yourself wearing a helmet, lots of large moving bodies in front of you, many of them coming at you with the intent to knock you down and its happening in real life speed.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends. Did Rodgers see him? Did Rodgers have time to see him. Was Adams open? I think you can look at many failed plays from above and say "WTF was Rodgers doing on this?" When in reality, Rodgers wasn't looking at the field from above, with a wide angle look to see everyone, nor could he look at it in slow motion or one frame at a time. Imagine yourself wearing a helmet, lots of large moving bodies in front of you, many of them coming at you with the intent to knock you down and its happening in real life speed.
I feel like and this is just me, we let too much time off the clock wind down. I honestly felt we could've gotten at least another shot at the endzone before settling for the FG. I believe by the time we were down there it was around 30 seconds.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I feel like and this is just me, we let too much time off the clock wind down. I honestly felt we could've gotten at least another shot at the endzone before settling for the FG. I believe by the time we were down there it was around 30 seconds.

I think Rodgers was taking his time intentionally, so as to try to score (TD or FG) with little or no time on the clock. Which with the way the defense was playing, I don't blame him. Where I disagree with what he did was clocking the ball...twice...on that last drive. Those were 2 wasted downs IMO, which he would have had time to run both plays, if he had continued to manage the clock.

Perhaps he felt he needed to clock the ball in both of those situations due to the fact that he felt it necessary to huddle up and rest a bit. Something we may never know. If nothing else, a learning lesson for Rodgers and the offense on how they might approach the same situation next time.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It was a 9 turnover weekend if you are both a Badger and Packer fan. One I would really like to forget.

Krabs

Reaction score

Was Tonyan on the right side of the endzone and Rodgers was moving to his left?

I was being sarcastic. My point was that you can't just keep feeding the ball to Adams. You have to game plan to get him open and that includes getting other players the ball. A QB has to throw to the guys that are open. Not just Adams. That it is all.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs Adams, JA, KC
Duds me for letting this team that hasn't changed in ten years frustrate me. Packers get a lead at the half and think the game is over just crawl into their shell and we will exit with the win.

And when was the last time we had above average special teams play, the Holmgren era?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. My point was that you can't just keep feeding the ball to Adams. You have to game plan to get him open and that includes getting other players the ball. A QB has to throw to the guys that are open. Not just Adams. That it is all.

Joking or not, some believe that Rodgers problem is he focuses on Adams and nobody else.

You game plan in the hopes of getting everyone open on every play, but unfortunately that doesn't happen. Again, it is no secret that Adams is head and shoulders better than any other WR on this team. So yes, there will be times when Rodgers has made his decision to go to Adams and another guy is actually more open. History has provided Rodgers with the knowledge that statistically, those other guys haven't worked themselves open and there is a better chance that Adams is going to catch the ball as well. This is what can happen when you have one great WR and 5-6 so so ones.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was run play where the Colts running back got stuck in the hole. I said to myself, who was that? I have not seen a Packer defender hit like that. I thought it was Martin or Barnes. Nope, it was Kirksey. Martinez would have made that same tackle 3-5 yards down field. Again, I don't think he is the best ILB in the league. However, I think it is pretty clear he is the best on the Packers.
Yes, I agree he can make some plays. But I don't think he is a good player.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I guess one of the 10% was when we had a chance to win the game. Rodgers threw it even though there was not chance. He could have looked around. Next play we were gonna kick a field goal. Would not have affected Crosby if Rodgers was sacked.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Next play we were gonna kick a field goal. Would not have affected Crosby if Rodgers was sacked.
Had Rodgers been sacked and fumbled, game over. Even if he does hang on to the ball, which yes, you would expect, how does that not effect a FG attempt? Mason is a good FG kicker, but the further away, the higher the odds of missing.

Im going to have to go back and look at the play again. I am curious as to how much time Rodgers had and just how open Tonyan was.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From what my untrained eyes saw.

Adams wasnt open and rodgers didnt use progression..he didnt use it because to me...he seemed to be locked in only k adams..

And that is the issue some of us have he doesnt look else where..

And this was a perfect example of what we are saying

Members online

Latest posts