Studs n duds Colts

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just don’t understand why the coaching staff hasn’t focused on fixing the problem, or addressing it a little more in the game, I still think we have a talent problem in some areas the Murphy needs to get off has corporate *** and fix it

Aren't we past the trade deadline? Outside of canning coaches or the GM there isn't much Murphy can do at this point in the season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Aaron Jones was a stud and I love his attitude. I hope we keep him.
Jaire
Amos. Need to keep him.

DUDS
Kirksey-he is just not a good football player imo.
2nd half adjustments or lack thereof.
CLOCKING the ball. Not needed. Wasted downs. Are they still playing in the 80s?
Pettine. Too many reasons. Don't have the patience right now. He's a wuss.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's hard to win when you commit six turnovers.
It's hard to win when you only score three points in the second half.
It's hard to win when you let the other team have the ball for virtually the entire second half.
It's hard to win when you give up 34 points.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers locked in on Adams..

Tonyan wide effing open.

Come on man

No one can defend that horrible over look of go ahead td mis cue on rodgers

yea that play made me extremely upset. I don’t even think Rodgers went through his progressions at all on that play.

I’ve been saying this since MLF lost his first game last season that he much like MM cannot seem to adjust at all. He gets stuck in a rut with his play-calling and doesn’t recover. They’ve got to fine somebody other than Pettine, I’ve tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt but it’s not working out. I can’t say it’s all him because there are some spots where they lack real talent but still....there’s just no creativity to his defense at all.

Last edited:

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get flamed for being negative about this team every week. So, I’ve got nothing.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Kenny Clark (he looked good constantly in the backfield creating pressure).

Tonyan.

Duds

Shawn Mennenga (special teams sucked again this week)

Shepard (terrible fumble)

MVS (for the same reason as Shepard)

Mike Pettine (couldn't stop the run in the second half)

Preston Smith ( constantly losing contain and jumping offsides)

going for it on 4th and 6

Refs for missing the face mask and body slam of Aaron Jones on the drive leading to the failed 4th down try.

DL outside of Kenny Clark.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds - Spiking the ball twice on the final drive of regulation. There was plenty of time left and the extra downs could have changed the result from a tying fg to a winning td.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is just yet another game the proves the Packers are just not good enough to truly compete for another title. The defense sucks, The offense is inconsistent and they just don’t have a killer instinct to close out games.

It would basically take a miracle of everything meshing and coming together perfectly for the playoff run. Could that happen? Yes, is it likely? No.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't love the spikes (especially the last one) by Rodgers. I feel like they could have easily gotten another play in before the Crosby field goal. If Aaron doesn't see something he likes he can just throw away.

Also sucked that NONE of the fumbles bounced our way, but when you fumble 3 times you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Mike Pettine stop playing these 38+ year old QBs like they all have the arm strength of Patrick f-ing Mahomes. Your soft pathetic defense was the reason why they got 15 yards on the 3rd and 20 then would go on to convert the 4th and 5. This happens throughout the entirety of these games. THERE IS A REASON the defense is out there so long is because you take no chances and let Rivers **** and dunk for long drives which is all he can do at this point in his career. If you are trying to find the perfect recipe for Rivers to beat you, congratulations. You succeeded.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry I am going to vent for a bit but this game was one of the many games that made me FUMING that we did not address the WR position. In a historically loaded class we failed to get Arod more weapons, just like the year(s) prior. There are plenty of WR's we could have picked on the first 2 days which would improve our moving of the chain immensely.

Furthermore, these picks could be extra valuable when they double as kick/punt returners. Ive been watchin the Pack since 13 and special teams has been trash EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. Literally anytime a returner decides to take it out for us I am mortified, the chance that he gains some yard seems significantly lower than the chances that these guys fumble.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to find a stud in this game. The play where to tonyan was wide open is tough. I blame Rodgers for missing him yet I am sure that was a one read play. As a qb you cannot take a sack there so often the play is a one man route - normally a fade.

Even Jaire was caught incredibly flat footed on a big catch late in the game.

Preston Smith needs to be let go after this year.

The refs called a ton of holding calls on Indy but actually missed quite a few. The missed facemask was awful.

Minor studs
I thought savage played well
Jenkins
Jones
Last drive to even get in field goal range
I know the offense had a bad second half but they put up 31 against the best d in the nfl. That should be enough

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt LaFleur calling bad plays almost all second half and once again not running it with Dillon on 4th and short. BAD

Yup, why in the world did MLF not break NFL protocol and rules, call Dillon up off the Covid inactive list in that very moment and run it with him....

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry I am going to vent for a bit but this game was one of the many games that made me FUMING that we did not address the WR position. In a historically loaded class we failed to get Arod more weapons, just like the year(s) prior. There are plenty of WR's we could have picked on the first 2 days which would improve our moving of the chain immensely.

Furthermore, these picks could be extra valuable when they double as kick/punt returners. Ive been watchin the Pack since 13 and special teams has been trash EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. Literally anytime a returner decides to take it out for us I am mortified, the chance that he gains some yard seems significantly lower than the chances that these guys fumble.

The motion offense and what you described intensifies even more so the value of Ervin. The dude is overlooked by vastly too many people as a cog of success for us.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I thought Aaron Jones was a stud and I love his attitude. I hope we keep him.

DUDS
Kirksey-he is just not a good football player imo.

Kirksey was 2nd on the team in tackles with 6 and had 5 assisted tackles with an INT. He also had the TD return called back, which seemed almost identical to the Rodgers fumble to end the game against MN. He might not be the best ILB in the league, but he is not a bad football player. Everyone knows we need to upgrade that position, but he is probably the best on the team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to excuse the offense, but that was a good defense and for the most part they did ok, to good. to start the 2nd half, I think we ran 6 plays in over 20 minutes of game time. Yeah, they could have gotten a first down being that yard or 2 short makes a big difference BUT The defense could have quit letting them drive the field for TD's too. Might have helped, a little. Your offense isn't going to win every play against a very good defense, but maybe getting the ball back a time or 2 instead letting them go the length of the field and get 7 would be part of a winning strategy?

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I'm not going to excuse the offense, but that was a good defense and for the most part they did ok, to good. to start the 2nd half, I think we ran 6 plays in over 20 minutes of game time. Yeah, they could have gotten a first down being that yard or 2 short makes a big difference BUT The defense could have quit letting them drive the field for TD's too. Might have helped, a little. Your offense isn't going to win every play against a very good defense, but maybe getting the ball back a time or 2 instead letting them go the length of the field and get 7 would be part of a winning strategy?

The offense had two 3 and outs and then Shepherd fumbled the kickoff. Forcing the defense to be on the field that long will kill any team.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Is there something about road games that makes the Packers run defense fold? Do the fat guys not fit on the plane?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't love the spikes (especially the last one) by Rodgers. I feel like they could have easily gotten another play in before the Crosby field goal. If Aaron doesn't see something he likes he can just throw away.

Also sucked that NONE of the fumbles bounced our way, but when you fumble 3 times you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Mike Pettine stop playing these 38+ year old QBs like they all have the arm strength of Patrick f-ing Mahomes. Your soft pathetic defense was the reason why they got 15 yards on the 3rd and 20 then would go on to convert the 4th and 5. This happens throughout the entirety of these games. THERE IS A REASON the defense is out there so long is because you take no chances and let Rivers **** and dunk for long drives which is all he can do at this point in his career. If you are trying to find the perfect recipe for Rivers to beat you, congratulations. You succeeded.

Yes, why in God's name do we not get after these statues under center and allow them to stand back there and pick us apart? And why are receivers always wide open in the middle of the field on 3rd and long every damn week?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sorry we didn't draft P. Queen. Yes, he's had his ups and downs but at least he is contributing.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to find a stud in this game. The play where to tonyan was wide open is tough. I blame Rodgers for missing him yet I am sure that was a one read play. As a qb you cannot take a sack there so often the play is a one man route - normally a fade.

Even Jaire was caught incredibly flat footed on a big catch late in the game.

Preston Smith needs to be let go after this year.

The refs called a ton of holding calls on Indy but actually missed quite a few. The missed facemask was awful.

Minor studs
I thought savage played well
Jenkins
Jones
Last drive to even get in field goal range
I know the offense had a bad second half but they put up 31 against the best d in the nfl. That should be enough

Yes! This player should be commended for stepping in like that for Linsley. Any word on Cory yet?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because the league would have come down ******* us. We don't need fines and the loss of draft picks.

I wasn't being serious...I was giving him a hard time for literally desiring MLF to do something he literally couldn't do as Dillon wasn't even in Indy.

Members online

Latest posts