Still sticking it.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Favre's own words in his HOF speech were something like, "Make no mistake, I will always be remembered as a Green Bay Packer".

D

Deleted member 6794

Favre's own words in his HOF speech were something like, "Make no mistake, I will always be remembered as a Green Bay Packer".

Fans will always remember Favre playing for the Vikings though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly realize each quarterbacks "shortcomings", but I gotta say, it was, and still is a blast watching the Packers in large part because of the level of quarterback play. What's so bad about appreciating what we have and what we had?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre's HOF credentials were entirely due to his Packers' career, that's for sure. But one of the sweetest moments was his interception against the Saints while with the enemy. The Divine Intervention Interception.

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I would contend that you are blind to the facts because of your dislike of Favre. 4th and 26, the catch II after Favre had engineered an 89 yard go ahead TD drive. I seem to recall the defense being incompletely capable of stopping Terrell Davis in the 2nd superbowl. It goes both ways, yes favre played poorly in a lot of games but it was not all him like you would like to believe.

Don't get me wrong, I have no illusions to the fact that Favre's int's cost us more playoff wins than Rodgers but to act like it was all him is a bit ridiculous because if it was all Favre than every loss is on Rodgers as well.

I don't think I said it was all on him but considering how deified some have made him his role in the Packers not having a more expanded Super Bowl history shouldn't be revised downward.

Yeah Terrell Davis was the star of Super Bowl XXXII but he was out most of the second quarter of that game with a migraine. Meanwhile in that quarter Favre turned the ball over twice, gifting Denver 10 points and the lead and changing the complexion and trajectory of the rest of that game.

"4th & 26" allowed the Eagles to tie that playoff game. It was Favre's INT in the OT that led to them getting the winning field goal.

And as I recall a Favre interception or two led to 49ers scores that even had them in position to pull that game out at the end; even with the blown officiating call on the Jerry Rice fumble.

Need I mention the four interception playoff loss to Minnesota in 2004?

Blind!? I can see clearly, my friend.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see any Favre Vikings Jerseys at the ceremony. If there were any there, they were out numbered a thousand to one to Packers' Jerseys.

If Ken Stabler's family could choose not to have a Raiders Jersey in his display, Favre could have chose not to have a Vikings Jersey in his display. Back to the OP's point "still sticking it".

D

Deleted member 6794

If Ken Stabler's family could choose not to have a Raiders Jersey in his display, Favre could have chose not to have a Vikings Jersey in his display. Back to the OP's point "still sticking it".

Once again, Pete Fierle, vice president of communications for the Hall of Fame, told ESPN that the Hall decides what will be in each display. He said the players don’t have a say in what will be placed in them.

H

HardRightEdge

Once again, Pete Fierle, vice president of communications for the Hall of Fame, told ESPN that the Hall decides what will be in each display. He said the players don’t have a say in what will be placed in them.
One must admit, though, that Ken Stabler's "locker" having no Raider jersey is especially bizarre, and far more surprising than a Vikes jersey in Favres'. It is hard to believe that the HOF independently chose to make this omission in telling the "story of the Snake". There's no getting around it...when you think Stabler you think Raiders.

Stabler was bitter over being traded from the Raiders; Davis wanted to go with a bigger arm. JK64 mentioned "the family" having influence. I've not dug deeper to verify that, but it is certainly suggested by that inconceivable oversight.

Whether it's the GOP nominee for President or HOF lockers, I'm beginning to think leadership is devolving into a "mean girls" sorority. ;)

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One must admit, though, that Ken Stabler's "locker" having no Raider jersey is especially bizarre, and far more surprising than a Vikes jersey in Favres'. It is hard to believe that the HOF independently chose to make this omission in telling the "story of the Snake". There's no getting around it...when you think Stabler you think Raiders.

Stabler was bitter over being traded from the Raiders; Davis wanted to go with a bigger arm. JK64 mentioned "the family" having influence. I've not dug deeper to verify that, but it is certainly suggested by that inconceivable oversight.

Whether it's the GOP nominee for President or HOF lockers, I'm beginning to think leadership is devolving into a "mean girls" sorority. ;)

Agreed. Not to mention Dungy had nothing from Tampa Bay. Really?

D

Deleted member 6794

I have no idea about the reasons for Stabler's locker not featuring any Raiders gear but the Hall of Fame has made it pretty clear that Favre didn't have any input about the stuff being put into his.

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea about the reasons for Stabler's locker not featuring any Raiders gear but the Hall of Fame has made it pretty clear that Favre didn't have any input about the stuff being put into his.

And Nixon wasn't a crook, Reagan didn't trade arms for hostages, Clinton didn;t have sex with that woman.... And there's a great deal on a bridge in Brooklyn.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the Big Show. Let me guess how the show went.. someone argued Favre was at fault, some argued the opposite side and then they said "what do you think.. give us a call" I wish Butler would move to a different show.

Pretty much spot on I'm sure, and then mix in a little crazy from Sparky to get the callers riled up. Same s*** different toilet for that God awful show. Butler is one of the worst, they've brainwashed him into thinking their stupid way lol. I can't stand Leroy on the radio.

NYNeal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my take. I couldn't care less what jersey is in Brett's HOF locker. He said he is a Packer and that is good enough for me. And common sense says it, too.
Unfortunately, Favre will always be controversial to some Packers fans because of what happened when he left. My suggestion is get over it, folks. It has been hashed over millions of times and it can't be changed. There was no good guy / bad guy in that situation. It was strictly business in the NFL. When Aaron Rodger's time in GB is at end, he'll be treated the same way -- and rightly so. It's the right of every GM and HC to decide who they want to play QB for their team.
We should all focus on what he did during his time in GB and realize he's a once in a lifetime player. There will never be another Favre, for sure. I love Aaron Rodgers and think he's one of the best QB's in the NFL, too. So how fortunate are we Packers fans to have had Brett and now Aaron? When all is said done, Aaron might just be ranked at the very top of the heap.
Congratulations, Brett. You earned your place in the Hall, and save a spot for Aaron!

D

Deleted member 6794

Here's my take. I couldn't care less what jersey is in Brett's HOF locker. He said he is a Packer and that is good enough for me. And common sense says it, too.
Unfortunately, Favre will always be controversial to some Packers fans because of what happened when he left. My suggestion is get over it, folks.

It's fine that you got over Favre forcing his way to the Vikings to try to stick it to the Packers. But don't tell me how I have to feel about it.

I appreciate what Favre did for the Packers during his tenure with the team but will never forgive him for playing for Minnesota.

When Aaron Rodger's time in GB is at end, he'll be treated the same way -- and rightly so.

As long as Rodgers doesn't end up playing for a divisional rival he should be held in higher regard by Packers nation.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I said it was all on him....

Favre averaged 1.5 turnovers/game played (regular season + playoffs; interceptions + fumbles lost) HIS ENTIRE CAREER. I believe that is a phenomenal stat that will never be equaled; and it had a lot to do with only 1 Championship in his career. I'll take Starr any day as the franchise greatest QB.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's the hall, it's still pretty tacky if you ask me. Others have come before him, and played more seasons with other teams, and had success with them, and there aren't uniforms of thise teams in their lockers.

It's hardly a great concern of mine, but it seems as if the hall is trying to squeeze out a little fame by capitalizing on that controversy rather than just celebrating the player. There's plenty of precident on other greats going to other teams, how many have uniforms of those teams hanging, and how many have other smaller acknowledgements of those teams?

Why would it be tacky? Its the NFL Hall Of Fame not The Packers Hall Of Fame. The NFL is league wide and they want historical and memorable artifacts in their collection. HOF members are honored for their careers in the NFL not their careers with a particular team.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree with the Hall of Fame deciding to put a Vikings jersey in Favre's locker but as has been mentioned repeatedly there's no reason to blame Favre for it.

Like I said its not the Packers Hall Of Fame, Its the NFL Hall of Fame. The vikings jersey represents a significant historical moment in the NFL and I see no problems what so ever. Is everyone upset that the vikings, Falcons and Jets all get to claim another HOF member on their all time rosters now.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's fine that you got over Favre forcing his way to the Vikings to try to stick it to the Packers. But don't tell me how I have to feel about it.

I appreciate what Favre did for the Packers during his tenure with the team but will never forgive him for playing for Minnesota.

As long as Rodgers doesn't end up playing for a divisional rival he should be held in higher regard by Packers nation.

we shouldn't tell you how to feel about Favre but you can tell us how we should feel about Rodgers. Discount Double Standard I guess.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HOF is covering Favre's rear end on this thing, taking the heat for him. If you can't deduce that, perhaps you still believe there are honest politicians?

In the end, the whole thing's a money grab. HOF trying to lure in Packer & Vikings fans in one stroke, Favre ditto with future appearances & autograph signings. If all that floats your boat, go for it...personally I'm only interested in watching the current Packers.

For those of you in the Worship Favre Cult, go ahead, have fun. You're just going to have to accept the fact that the rest of us Packer fans are fed up with the Favre crap. No matter how hard you attack, demean or belittle anyone who isn't interested in eternally adoring the object of your affection (Brett), you won't get us to join you.

Who cares? You do, the rest of us got over him a long time ago, around 2010 when we kicked his rear into retirement and won a Super Bowl.

And you members of the Favre Haters of America club are just going to have to accept the fact that the rest of us Packer fans don't give a crap about this insignificant stuff. No matter how hard you attack, demean or belittle anyone who isn't interested in eternally vilifying the object of your scorn (Brett), you won't get us to join you.

I love it how you guy (the Favre haters) have "gotten over it" years ago but it you guys who put up the fuss when something like this happens. This thread wouldn't exist without your contributions and yet we are the ones who are obsessed.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many times do we have to say it before it sinks in? It's not that Favre played for teams other than the Packers.

It's how he did it, why he did it and who he did it with that's the difference. And that "other"jersey in the HOF display only reiterates that.BS, er BF says he wants to be remembered as a Packer. Then get that rag out of that display.If Bert doesn't speak up about it he's consenting.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/54145584.jpg
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would it be tacky? Its the NFL Hall Of Fame not The Packers Hall Of Fame. The NFL is league wide and they want historical and memorable artifacts in their collection. HOF members are honored for their careers in the NFL not their careers with a particular team.
I"m well aware of that, and where in any of my posts did I say that everything must be excluded except Packer stuff? I know it's the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I know it doesn't exist in Green Bay, WI. I know where Favre played from high school up thru 20 years in the pro's. I don't care if the Falcons, Jets, and MN get to add a player that played for them to their list of HOF players.

Why is it tacky? Because many other greats came before Favre. Other greats have won with other teams, as much or more than Favre. Favre's "historical" season in MN was about the same as his last season with the Packers. His 2 seasons with MN were as good as his last 2 seasons in GB. Put a mug in the corner and call it a day. Like I said before, make mention, with a mug, or that damn horn, but another uniform? Come on man. If he threw for 50TD's, 5 int's 4K yards and brought MN their lone super bowl championship, yeah, hang the Jersey, until then stick with the precedence. because it's what he set the "steak" in? Give me a break. 16 seasons with 1 team and a season and a partial with another in an era where QB's were far more protected than when he started "the streak"?? that's pretty weak too.

as far as I'm aware, there isn't anyone else with 2 Jerseys hanging in there. Does Haley have a Dallas uniform and a 49er's uniform in his? You, and I, and everyone else knows full well that had those 2 seasons with MN happened at the beginning of his career, and then he went on to do what he did with GB, there would be no MN jersey. The only reason they put it in there was to capitalize off the recent controversy. That's tacky.

D

Deleted member 6794

Like I said its not the Packers Hall Of Fame, Its the NFL Hall of Fame. The vikings jersey represents a significant historical moment in the NFL and I see no problems what so ever. Is everyone upset that the vikings, Falcons and Jets all get to claim another HOF member on their all time rosters now.

I don't consider Favre breaking the record for most consecutive games started significant enough to put a Vikings jersey in his locker at the Hall of Fame. Atlanta, Minnesota and the Jets don't get to claim him as another Hall of Famer as he only spent a minor portion of his career with those teams and therefore isn't listed as a major contributor for another franchise than the Packers.

we shouldn't tell you how to feel about Favre but you can tell us how we should feel about Rodgers. Discount Double Standard I guess.

I didn't tell anybody how to feel about Rodgers but posted my point of view. It would be unreasonable to not hold him in higher regard as Favre as long as he doesn't force his way to play for an archrival as well.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Pete Fierle, vice president of communications for the Hall of Fame, the Hall's curatorial staff selects the artifacts for exhibit.

According to the Hall of Fame, the Packers jersey is the one Favre wore when he broke the NFL career touchdown pass record. The Vikings jersey is the one he wore when he broke Jim Marshall's NFL record for consecutive starts.

Also within the locker is the inactive sheet from the game that ended Favre's starting streak. Out of 30 million artifacts, the Hall of Fame said it is the lone inactive sheet in the Hall's collection.

While I still have a hard time getting over Favre having played for the Vikings he's for sure not to blame for this.
They way I see it is they should also put in a Falcons jersey as he was drafted by Atlanta (starting his NFL career) and a Jet's jersey as they were the team the HOF great went to after leaving the Packers.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that it is funny that the Falcons can claim him. Kinda like the Cubs claiming Lou Brock.