Still sticking it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does my point in highlighting that phrase require any elaboration?
No, does it have much bearing on what I said? Does anyone think that had this story been slightly changed, and Favre been traded to MN after his 1st year in the league. Then had 2 seasons like he had with MN and for some reason, was on the love boat all those years ago and was traded to GB under some not so pretty circumstances. He then would go on to win 3 MVP's, win a Super bowl, play in another, go to a couple more NFCC games, Set a TD, wins, games played, etc records, for 16 seasons, there would be a MN jersey in his locker to "commemorate" that 1 season?

Had he gone for maybe 50TD's, 5 INT's over 4K yards and actually won MN its only Super Bowl, maybe I could see it. Without that, it was just a good season, like many others he's had. Better in some areas, not as good as in others, and got to a place he's been before with his previous team. Put the mug in the corner and call it a day. Tacky move HOF

H

HardRightEdge

No, does it have much bearing on what I said? Does anyone think that had this story been slightly changed, and Favre been traded to MN after his 1st year in the league. Then had 2 seasons like he had with MN and for some reason, was on the love boat all those years ago and was traded to GB under some not so pretty circumstances. He then would go on to win 3 MVP's, win a Super bowl, play in another, go to a couple more NFCC games, Set a TD, wins, games played, etc records, for 16 seasons, there would be a MN jersey in his locker to "commemorate" that 1 season?

Had he gone for maybe 50TD's, 5 INT's over 4K yards and actually won MN its only Super Bowl, maybe I could see it. Without that, it was just a good season, like many others he's had. Better in some areas, not as good as in others, and got to a place he's been before with his previous team. Put the mug in the corner and call it a day. Tacky move HOF
You forgot to mention http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_career.htm

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's about honoring the mans career correct? Well, I hate to break it to everyone but he did play for them whether you all like it or not. He reached milestones wearing their jersey. It was a very significant moment for his career to play for them. He said himself he had no idea it was going in there until this morning. This is a non-issue. Why not just be happy for the guy who gave us so much to root for, who cares what f'ing jerseys are hanging in his locker?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's about honoring the mans career correct? Well, I hate to break it to everyone but he did play for them whether you all like it or not. He reached milestones wearing their jersey. It was a very significant moment for his career to play for them. He said himself he had no idea it was going in there until this morning. This is a non-issue. Why not just be happy for the guy who gave us so much to root for, who cares what f'ing jerseys are hanging in his locker?
Then why doesn't Montana have a Chiefs jersey put in there by the Hall? Why doesn't Jerry Rice have a Raiders Jersey? What about Charles Haley? how many jerseys in his locker by the HOF? I really don't know, maybe they all have 2?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why doesn't Montana have a Chiefs jersey put in there by the Hall? Why doesn't Jerry Rice have a Raiders Jersey? What about Charles Haley? how many jerseys in his locker by the HOF? I really don't know, maybe they all have 2?

Who cares?? That's the point? Who f'ing cares?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really, my son is taking a nap, i'm sitting here being quiet. It's giving me something to talk about

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
HOF is covering Favre's rear end on this thing, taking the heat for him. If you can't deduce that, perhaps you still believe there are honest politicians?

In the end, the whole thing's a money grab. HOF trying to lure in Packer & Vikings fans in one stroke, Favre ditto with future appearances & autograph signings. If all that floats your boat, go for it...personally I'm only interested in watching the current Packers.

For those of you in the Worship Favre Cult, go ahead, have fun. You're just going to have to accept the fact that the rest of us Packer fans are fed up with the Favre crap. No matter how hard you attack, demean or belittle anyone who isn't interested in eternally adoring the object of your affection (Brett), you won't get us to join you.

Who cares? You do, the rest of us got over him a long time ago, around 2010 when we kicked his rear into retirement and won a Super Bowl.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why doesn't Montana have a Chiefs jersey put in there by the Hall? Why doesn't Jerry Rice have a Raiders Jersey?

Answer: Farve wanted to stick it to the Packers yet again.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares? You do, the rest of us got over him a long time ago, around 2010 when we kicked his rear into retirement and won a Super Bowl.

First of all, you better not be calling me out with this because you are more than welcome to go and sift through all my posts and you will see that I do not worship Favre. I am a Packers fan and I hated Favre during all of that drama years ago. I'm also an adult so I have the capability to forgive him. I just don't get caught up in petty crap like this.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, you better not be calling me out with this because you are more than welcome to go and sift through all my posts and you will see that I do not worship Favre. I am a Packers fan and I hated Favre during all of that drama years ago. I'm also an adult so I have the capability to forgive him. I just don't get caught up in petty crap like this.

Yeah, I forgave Favre too, and now this got me going again...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm neither a hater nor worshiper. I can really appreciate what he did for this team, for the city, for this state and for football. His personal stuff is his personal stuff.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as the Vikings administration don't put him on the stadium wall in their "ring of honor." He was a two year rental at the end of his career. If the Vikings need reflected glory to enhance their NFL HOFer count so be it. They also get credit for Jan Stenerud, Warren Moon, and Dave Casper per the HOF website.

Sky King

Reaction score
The actual jerseys that had been worn to establish an astonishing record that will probably never be broken, and by a player from the unlikeliest position of all to accomplish this. What could the HOF staff have been thinking?

D

Deleted member 6794

Favre is totally to blame for this. He went to the Vikings to shove it up the Packers' ***, and now this. What a pile of BS.

I probably won't ever forgive Favre for playing for the Vikings but disagreeing with facts (the HOF selecting the artifacts) makes you look like a fool.

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those who go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame are inducted as individuals not as members of a particular club and nearly every one in Canton has associations with more than one club in their careers. It is peculiar, though, that only the Favre "shrine" displays more than one jersey. And excludes two of the four teams he played for in his career.

This illustrates very pointedly the issue with Favre's legacy that the Packers wanted to avoid in 2008 when they told Bert playing for another club, especially a major rival, would alter his Packers' identity and legacy. To which Faver famously replied, "My legacy is my own."

While Favre says he had nothing to do with the HOF's display choice and knew nothing about it until now, we can only say he "alleges" since the man has been known to lie before. (His retirements, his back-channeling with Minnesota, his sexting, to name a few of the more infamous cases.) But he certainly could have expressed his disapproval and asked the Hall not to put the other jersey in and they likely would have responded to his wishes.

Trying to pass this dirty piece of used toilet paper off as "historic" to his career is bs. The only record Faver ever set in purple was the consecutive games started record; he already had the quarterback's mark with Green Bay. Every other one of his records was set with the Packers. What went on with New York and Minnesota was only additional padding. But if that's the standard used by the Hall in setting up this display at least a Jets jersey, if not a Falcons as well, should be there, too.

This is the continuing "stick it to the Packers" project and it should debunk all that crap last summer about Favre "coming back into the Packers' family. " That whole charade was just a feeding of Favre's self-centered ego and the Packers and the fans who lapped it up were played for suckers and fools.

But there may be a brighter side to this unusual PFHOF display. It will remind every one that Favre double-crossed and lied to the Packers and Packer fandom about his retirement, his scheming and conniving to get to Minnesota to "stick it" to the Packers, his ultimate disdain and contempt for the fans of the Green & Gold.

It will amplify that fact that while he does have HOF credentials his records are due largely to longevity and durability, helped along by a little luck in not missing games due to injury. When broken down and analyzed closely, however, he doesn't show as well as players like Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or even Aaron Rodgers.

And it for sure will epitomize him as one of the all-time "chokers" in playoff and title game history. Where he doesn't rate with he Starrs, the Montanas, or the Bradys of big time "money games."
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That they used a Queens' road white rather than purple says something, too. Favre is a player who really belongs to no one, a man without a home. He's a guy who played for the Packers - and the Falcons and the Jets and the Vikings- but he's not "a Packer."

At the HOF this year we come not to praise Favre but to bury him.

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as the Vikings administration don't put him on the stadium wall in their "ring of honor." He was a two year rental at the end of his career. If the Vikings need reflected glory to enhance their NFL HOFer count so be it. They also get credit for Jan Stenerud, Warren Moon, and Dave Casper per the HOF website.

But there will be one more poke to PackerNation's eye when Minisota has the ten year reunion of its 2009 team in 3 years. You can bet Bert ***** will be there, decked out in his purple.
http://www.vikingsmania.com/MinnesotaVikingsPhotoGallery/BrettFavre/BrettFavre6.jpg

H

HardRightEdge

Now it's been mentioned, do you think the above scenario results in the addition of a MN jersey and pants to his locker? Or just a mug or other small gesture like every other great that has come before him and played somewhere else?
I gave my two primary reasons for why including that jersey is not particularly out of bounds in my first post in this thread. Feel free to comment on that.

Members online

Latest posts