1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Still sticking it.

Discussion in 'Brett Favre Discussion' started by Packerlifer, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +518
  2. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,796
    I can't say it pisses me off or anything, but it is pretty tacky if you ask me. Put a mug I'm there like every other great that went to another team and be done with it.

3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,655
    According to Pete Fierle, vice president of communications for the Hall of Fame, the Hall's curatorial staff selects the artifacts for exhibit.

According to the Hall of Fame, the Packers jersey is the one Favre wore when he broke the NFL career touchdown pass record. The Vikings jersey is the one he wore when he broke Jim Marshall's NFL record for consecutive starts.

Also within the locker is the inactive sheet from the game that ended Favre's starting streak. Out of 30 million artifacts, the Hall of Fame said it is the lone inactive sheet in the Hall's collection.

While I still have a hard time getting over Favre having played for the Vikings he's for sure not to blame for this.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +568
    Thank you for taking a level headed approach and providing the information regarding how and why this happened.
    I certainly had my doubts that Favre was responsible for having a Vikings jersey in his HOF locker.

5. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +518
  6. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +518
  7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Hof decided it, not Brett..

This is non story

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    Tell that to the local uneducated sports talk radio here in Wisconsin. You'd think he came out of retirement to play for them again. Dear Lord, I almost jumped through my radio listening to it.

9. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Milwaukee wssp isn't saying that.. Big Unit Bill Michael knows it's the hof... Steve sparky on same station says the same..

What station you talking about

10. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    No, no, no. Bill Michaels yes was attempting to educate everyone to which no one would listen. Sparky and the Big Show clowns were the ones, sorry I should have specified.

11. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,796
    I know it's the hall, it's still pretty tacky if you ask me. Others have come before him, and played more seasons with other teams, and had success with them, and there aren't uniforms of thise teams in their lockers.

It's hardly a great concern of mine, but it seems as if the hall is trying to squeeze out a little fame by capitalizing on that controversy rather than just celebrating the player. There's plenty of precident on other greats going to other teams, how many have uniforms of those teams hanging, and how many have other smaller acknowledgements of those teams?

12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Hmm... I heard them on the initial report saying Brett is at fault.. But mid show they got the report it came from the hall and they changed their tune

13. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,655
    I don't agree with the Hall of Fame deciding to put a Vikings jersey in Favre's locker but as has been mentioned repeatedly there's no reason to blame Favre for it.

14. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,796
    I'm not blaming Favre, and even if he did have a say, I'd care as much as I do now. I think it's tacky, but hardly upsetting.

I'd probably care less even if Favre had a say, because it was after all his career, and if he thinks that season in MN was that important, then good for him. He'll always be a Packer to me, and a great football player. He put in the work and had the accomplishments, I'd have more respect if it was actually his decision.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Cheese Meister

Cheese Meister Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Thank you Captain WIMM for explaining why Brett's locker room had those particular items. Now it makes sense.

At least there are more Packer than Viking items.

In the prelude to his jacket ceremony, they gave less than 10 seconds on playing with the Jets and Vikings. That pleased me!

16. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Im just glad they put the pair of crocs in there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    I think it only appropriate that the HOF decided to honor what Favre said was the "best team I've ever been on." What a guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. RRyder

RRyder Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +505
    On the plus side since the HoF would put Favre Viking jersey in for one season then you'd have to assume it's a lock that when Woodson goes in he'll have a Packers jersey hanging next to his Raiders one

19. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,796
    That would be less of a headscratcher seeing he spent rather significant time with both franchises

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Needs to be a noteworthy event.

I would include his jersey he sent bear fan Obama saying "see you at the Whitehouse"

• Like Like x 2
  21. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,747
    I think it is appropriate, for a couple of reasons:

- It's a reminder of one of the most prominent instances of a player holding a franchise hostage in the history of the sport. You simply cannot tell the "story of Favre" without referencing that drama.

- As to the above point, on the surface a Jets jersey would better serve as that reminder. But since Favre had his best season with the hated Vikings where his audible latitude was sharply curtailed, it better serves to complete the picture.

PS: It's a little ironic that "Favre" spell checks as an error. ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,796
    of course it should be referenced, with a mug, like every other great that went on to play for a rival. How about Jerry Rice going across the bay to play for the hated Raiders? just because they're different divisions doesn't mean they didn't dislike each other.

How about Montana? There was plenty of discourse with the 9er's and fans when he was traded away to make room for a young talented QB. He took the Chiefs as far as Favre ever did and got them to the playoffs a 2nd time.

and i've heard the argument for inclusion that his "best" season was with the Vikings. He was barely better statistically than he was the previous season with the Packers other than INT's ,and it was 1 singular season which was followed up by probably his worst season. If those 2 seasons had occurred in year 2-3 for him in MN and he was traded to GB after much strife and he went on to win 3 MVP's, win a super bowl, play in another and go to a couple NFC championship games, I have a hard time thinking a MN jersey would find its way into his HOF locker.

Put the mug in there or a lock of a blonde pony tail and call it a day, It's about all the mention that is needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. JK64

JK64 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +71
    Favre is totally to blame for this. He went to the Vikings to shove it up the Packers' ***, and now this. What a pile of BS.

• Like Like x 1
  24. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,747
    It's the NFL Hall of Fame, not the Packer Hall of Fame.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,747
    Does my point in highlighting that phrase require any elaboration?