Steelers turn next week

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
This fan hasn't given up all hope, yet. Keep the faith, fellow Cheeseheads! :unsure:

Then again, I am expecting big points from my Fantasy Pittsburgh defense this coming week......... ;P

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not giving up yet, but I am a realist. There is no reason to pick Green Bay over Pittsburgh before kickoff, barring a freak injury to one of the Killer Bees in practice. But after watching the Giants beat two AFC West teams that were supposed to be great in 2017, I have no reason to/ assume we have zero chance of winning Sunday night either.

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, I think, it will be a massacre ... it will depend on the Steeler's will, how hard it will be. Only hope, it seems rather impossible to play that bad on offense two weeks in a row. Since I considered the 2017 gone for the team, it will be a good game to judge personal performances and separate the man from the boys.

4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, they won't because they'll be up by 20 by half time and will run the clock out.

Steelers 35
Packers 6

Hundley: 8 for 29 passing, 99 yards, 0 TDs, 8 INTs, 11 sacks for 122 yards lost.
ahahahahahaa

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after watching the Giants beat two AFC West teams that were supposed to be great in 2017, I have no reason to/ assume we have zero chance of winning Sunday night either.
Any Given Sunday certainly applies here, although this game is probably about as close as it gets to an exception.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Are you projecting his first half, or first quarter? Antonio Brown is the best WR in the NFL. Considering what receivers like Marvin Jones and Golden Tate do to our secondary, I would be very surprised if Brown does not completely shred us.
I was thinking first drive. :roflmao:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, I think, it will be a massacre ... it will depend on the Steeler's will, how hard it will be. Only hope, it seems rather impossible to play that bad on offense two weeks in a row. Since I considered the 2017 gone for the team, it will be a good game to judge personal performances and separate the man from the boys.

The only thing that will keep this from being a rout is if the Steelers continue their habit of playing down to the competition.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Steelers don't have such a habit. They beat the Ravens 29-6 in Baltimore and blew out the Titans, who nearly lost to the Bungles and Clowns, 40-17.

The Steelers beat the Browns and Colts by only three points and lost to the Bears though.

HD3924

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that will keep this from being a rout is if the Steelers continue their habit of playing down to the competition.
Right. If they want to, they will blow the Pack out ... I cannot find a single position on the field (may be WR2 and FS ?) the Pack has a better player on as the Steelers can line up ... For my part, I will concentrate on the individual performances to see who accepts the challenge and steps up ...

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. If they want to, they will blow the Pack out ... I cannot find a single position on the field (may be WR2 and FS ?) the Pack has a better player on as the Steelers can line up ... For my part, I will concentrate on the individual performances to see who accepts the challenge and steps up ...

Did you miss my post about Marcus Gilbert being suspended for failing a drug test? Whoever replaces him is a big downgrade.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I`m still rooting for my team and QB no matter what happens.

Can I get the name of this new team you are now following? :coffee:

This game will most likely be over by halftime. 38-3 Steelers.

Halftime? You optimist you! I have to honestly say, I don't ever remember a Packer game in the last 20 years, where I didn't think we were going to win it or knowing it might be a tough game, but somehow #4 or #12 would find a way to win. I do not have any such feelings about this game.

When is Montgomery supposed to return? I think he is questionable for next week..

Does it really matter? The guy is made of glass and even when playing, he isn't a difference maker. Despite his horrid 2 fumbles on 3 carries performance, I say give Mays some more reps once this game is a blow out. See what he has.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nonsense Poker. True Packers fans feel better about the starting RB being active for a game and making plays like he did not miss the last one.
The Packers #1 RB, Aaron Jones is injured. While having Monty playing again may help the Packers offense slightly, I don't view him as an "Absolute" difference maker. I'm fine with Williams and like that he will have a lot more experience going into 2018.

True Packer fans are able to take our green and gold tinted sunglasses off on occasion and see things for what they really are.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers #1 RB, Aaron Jones is injured. While having Monty playing again may help the Packers offense slightly, I don't view him as an "Absolute" difference maker. I'm fine with Williams and like that he will have a lot more experience going into 2018.

True Packer fans are able to take our green and gold tinted sunglasses off on occasion and see things for what they really are.

I hate the fact that Jamaal Williams gets opportunities because of injuries to other RBs. It would be great if we could put him on the field without losing Aaron Jones.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I hate the fact that Jamaal Williams gets opportunities because of injuries to other RBs. It would be great if we could put him on the field without losing Aaron Jones.

This isn't anything new in Green Bay or probably with other teams. Guys get injured, next man up. We got to see our #4 RB on Sunday and depending on the severity of both Jones and Monty's current injuries, as well as any ramifications of Jones recent pot smoking incident, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Packers pick up another back and give him a try. This is a league of "what have you done for me lately".

Packerjohn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we had AR this would have been the game of the year. I remember the last time we played them up there, the steelers got a lucky last second pass to win.

Reaction score
You have not watched enough AFC North games if you seriously think Baltimore's defense is better than the one in Pittsburgh. OK, I know you did not mean that,
Why would you take the time to make that accusation of something I never said and in the same breath turn around and refute that I didn’t mean to make a statement that I never made??
I understand people are frustrated, but there’s absolutely no excuse for making stuff up as you go along to support your position.:sneaky:

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ravens have a pretty decent defense this year, with their one achilles heel, being able to stop the run. But hey, maybe the Packers helped them to find that as well on Sunday, only gaining 75 yards on 25 carries. I would be surprise if the Pittsburgh defense had any problems holding the Packers offense to about the same results that the Ravens defense did. If the Packer offense doesn't turn the ball over, they might score 10 - 17.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we had AR this would have been the game of the year. I remember the last time we played them up there, the Steelers got a lucky last second pass to win.

It seemed like a perfect game to put on national television at the time. As it is, I think the NFL should have flexed the Saints/Rams game and moved ours up to 1:00.; But if they did that I could not see my team play.

Members online

Latest posts