Steeler fans vs Green Bay fans at the game

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
According to a security guy at the game. Steeler fans were dropping F bombs on the security guys, F jerry, F dallas etc. They started trying to climb over the security area and cops had to be called in.

They said the Green Bay fans were no problem at all.

franchise3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I have heard, this was only the case with the fans who were not allowed to enter the field although they had the tickets due to security issues with that part of the stadium. This still does not excuse the behavior but it does put into perspective. Imagine paying all this money and not being able to get in. Sure they will get refunded but still...

- Steelers fan.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I have heard, this was only the case with the fans who were not allowed to enter the field although they had the tickets due to security issues with that part of the stadium. This still does not excuse the behavior but it does put into perspective. Imagine paying all this money and not being able to get in. Sure they will get refunded but still...

- Steelers fan.
To me it does excuse the behavior, as I would've done the same, in the same circumstances.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The portable seating areas upper level were not ready

so some fans turned away..NFL is giving them 3X the face value of the tickets and buying them a package deal for next years SB

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were about 65% Steeler fans and 35% Packer fans in there I would guestimate. I Was there, and it was almost like a Steelers home game even though we had like 35,000 Packer fans.

All around us were fine.

I did see one dude in the line to get into the bathroom who was verbally fighting with another Steeler fan, a woman, and he was insulting her and using the F bomb. And that was 2 Steeler fans.

I said to another Steeler fan who had tried to tell that guy to chill out... "I always thought it was the Philly Eagle fans who acted like that".
He liked that one.

ArnoldSlick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The portable seating areas upper level were not ready

so some fans turned away..NFL is giving them 3X the face value of the tickets and buying them a package deal for next years SB

That is all well and good, but if you are a GB or PIT fan this may have been a once in a lifetime oppurtunity. As a Steeler fan I would appreciate the free trip to the Super Bowl next year, but if the game is Atlanta vs NY Jets I wouldn't be happy.

Gymrat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is all well and good, but if you are a GB or PIT fan this may have been a once in a lifetime oppurtunity. As a Steeler fan I would appreciate the free trip to the Super Bowl next year, but if the game is Atlanta vs NY Jets I wouldn't be happy.
To be fair if the game is Atlanta vs the Jets I won't be happy either way. Especially if the Jets make it. I was so worried that is might have ended up Bears vs Jets this year. Talk about snooze bowl.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
well the nfl is doing its best to repay them but geezus. that seating should of been ready weeks in advance and not checked at the last minute

OshkoshWisconsinite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3x the face value isn't that much when you add up all the costs. Hotel, food, gas, plane ticket, toll booths >_< ect. If I were them I think I would have been to pissed off to do anything. Also I guess they're superbowl tickets for next year too. Who said football is even being played this year? Also why would I want to go watch another team play, if it's not mine? All I know is the NFL is gonna be hit with lawsuits up the wall.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't give a crap how much they paid me. If I was there there's no guarantee the Packers are getting back next year. Seeing your team win it all in person is, I would imagine, a priceless experience.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3x the face value isn't that much when you add up all the costs. Hotel, food, gas, plane ticket, toll booths >_< ect. If I were them I think I would have been to pissed off to do anything. Also I guess they're superbowl tickets for next year too. Who said football is even being played this year? Also why would I want to go watch another team play, if it's not mine? All I know is the NFL is gonna be hit with lawsuits up the wall.
This incident is just more proof why watching the SB at home is really the best seat.
Why go though all that time, trouble and expense to just watch it on TV at the stadium? Either the super giant distracting screen above the field or those that were outside the stadium?
Sure you don't get the experience of watching it in person, but I don't mind sacrificing that to keep my money in the bank.
And what if your team loses? It's a 50/50 shot to get your monies worth.
I think all the money one spends for the SB is better saved or spent on something else.
I still don't get it why one would spend $200 to get tickets just to go there to watch it on TV.

Wrong topic and i cant figure out how to delete it lol
You just did.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
waste of time and money to sue the NFL, they compensated fans, hell if they don't like the teams playing next year then they can sell them (unless they sign a waiver saying they can't) plus were refunded about $2700.

Now if they had allowed the seating in the area and the seats had collapsed, well the NFL would be in deep **** and Dallas wouldn't host another SB for at least a decade

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That must really suck, I will say, if it were me and they wouldn't let me in to see my team play in the SB, I would of gone *******. I don't care how much they would of repaid me, who cares about that if I missed my team winning the SB?

It makes me wonder if anyone gave the airlines any static. People got stranded because of the weather, I wonder how many people missed the game because they couldn't get into Dallas or couldn't leave from wherever they were coming from. I heard on my local news that one of the Packers players parents (I think it was Jennings but don't quote me, I'm going off memory..) missed the game because they couldn't get to Dallas. I hope they and others who couldn't get there at least got their hotel and flights refunded. But I don't think their SB tickets would of gotten refunded.

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had a once in a lifetime chance to see my team in the Super Bowl and got screwed like that I would start burying people. I have no problem with the Steelers, or any fans, acting that way when they get screwed that badly. Nothing is guaranteed...you don't even know if you'll be alive next year for Super Bowl XLVI.

And, yes, the fact that this happened at Jerry World just adds fuel to fire...Quite the screw job from such a pompous a**hole.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
They just got too greedy. Plain and simple. Selling tickets for outside, unstable seats.
Next thing they'll be trying to make the SB pay per view.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It makes me wonder if anyone gave the airlines any static. People got stranded because of the weather, I wonder how many people missed the game because they couldn't get into Dallas or couldn't leave from wherever they were coming from. I heard on my local news that one of the Packers players parents (I think it was Jennings but don't quote me, I'm going off memory..) missed the game because they couldn't get to Dallas. I hope they and others who couldn't get there at least got their hotel and flights refunded. But I don't think their SB tickets would of gotten refunded.

I doubt it was Jennings, He's from Kalamazoo which is like 40 mins form me, there are enough airports that they could have gotten their just fine and everything was opened back up by Thursday morning here, unless airports were closed in Dallas but I didn't hear of any

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know why people feel bad for these people. They are the luckiest fans at the SB.

1. Got 3x value of ticket
2. get all expense paid trip next season to SB (which they can sell and pocket the $ if they dont want to go)
3. GOT TO GO ON THE FIELD AFTER THE GAME
4. got food and got to watch the game at the stadium on a monitor.

Sorry but if I got to go on the field after the game and got my picture taken with Arod and the trophy as confetti is falling I think I would settle for watching the game in the basement.

Staff online

Members online