Rodgers Vs. Love-- A Packer Fan Poll

Which scenario would you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seeing that still, I don't think either of the 2 guys behind him catch him...if he takes the outside track along the line of scrimmage and then cuts to the end zone but I think whoever the guy is that's even with Rodgers has a good shot to beat him to the spot though I can't tell who it is so idk how fast he is. And you do have to take into account that Rodgers has the pump fake at his disposal even past the line of scrimmage

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Lock has only been in the league for 2 years, and is only 24 yrs old. In those 2 seasons, he has played in 18 games. In his final 4 games of last year, he completed 61% of his passes, threw 7 Td's and only had 2 Ints. I think there is still some promise, when a guy can finish the year like that. He still has a chance to be a viable QB in this league, or at least a good #2 for some team. Let's pump the brakes a little, on Lock being terrible and give the guy a chance to develop.

How about we take that same approach and apply it to, oh... I don't know... maybe JL?

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're looking at but Rodgers has a clear shot to the pylon. If you actually watch the video instead of pretending a still shot shows what is happening, the two defenders at the line are about to get their feet tangled up momentarily and the only guy who has any real chance of keeping Rodgers away from the pylon is the guy up in the corner. MVS is in great position to make a block. If Rodgers tucks the ball away and sprints for the pylon and is willing to possibly dive to get the ball across, his chances of success are at least 50/50. If he pump-fakes toward Adams right before taking off his chances are even higher.
BTW, what was the result of him trying to force the ball to #17 in double coverage on that play? [\QUOTE]
For what it’s worth. A pump fake and him darting toward the goal line would’ve gave him a shot with either the S or CB meeting him at the goal line. Rodgers is about 6’2X218lb and deceptively quick for 37yrs old. I don’t think he gets stopped.
He could get injured but there is a worthy risk running it, unless it’s a 240lb LB or whatever in his way... which it isn’t. I think he makes it 60% chance because a shoulder likely isn’t going to stop him at the 1. He’s 15-20lbs heavier than the next best obstacle. Favor=Rodgers

Last edited:

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy crap Batman, can you imagine how great Wilson could be with all the offensive weapons we have and an OL that is so good?

Reaction score
Holy crap Batman, can you imagine how great Wilson could be with all the offensive weapons we have and an OL that is so good?
Oh yeah. Really even a lower level veteran Like Bridgewater would do decent. Particularly if we shed some cap in a trade and went after 2 more established veterans, 1 on each side of the ball. I’m a little different point of view, I think MLF has installed a successful system that can interchange QB without a substantial dropoff. I think we’d still be formidable post Rodgers, even without Love starting.

I also see our TE group and RB group heating up this season.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about either decision. The toss to Adams wasn't bad, those passes are completed for TD's in this league all the time. You get position like that at the goal line you throw it low knowing your guy has the only shot at it.

and had he run, fine, but It's hardly a given he makes it either. The DB in the corner has 8 yards to cover vs Rodgers and his 11 vertical yards and some lateral yards to get rid away from the linebackers and lineman. and the other defender at the goal line already that only has to match his lateral movement and can probably meet him at the 5.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Remains to be seen how effective this years OL will be. Replacing 3 starters will not be an easy task.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remains to be seen how effective this years OL will be. Replacing 3 starters will not be an easy task.

How are the Packers replacing 3 starters on the oline?

Corey Linsley and ?

Bakhtiari isn't being replaced though I do think he starts year on pup

But I have no clue who you could think the 3rd is?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about either decision. The toss to Adams wasn't bad, those passes are completed for TD's in this league all the time. You get position like that at the goal line you throw it low knowing your guy has the only shot at it.

and had he run, fine, but It's hardly a given he makes it either. The DB in the corner has 8 yards to cover vs Rodgers and his 11 vertical yards and some lateral yards to get rid away from the linebackers and lineman. and the other defender at the goal line already that only has to match his lateral movement and can probably meet him at the 5.

The DB in the corner has to stay on his man until Rodgers passes the line of scrimmage. Which is why had he taken an outside line he might of had a chance but I think the guy number 30 or 40 or something with a 0 catches him as I assume he's faster than Rodgers not knowing who he is...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capt you know I respect much of your posts, but I think you're going into a discussion on trading Rodgers entirely off base. Yes, he was the MVP last year, but that isn't the sole factor in trade talks...we are trading a guy that is close to 40 essentially, had 3 years prior to last of performance not anywhere close to that MVP level, and you seemingly pretend that GB is going into this trade out of desire and not out of having to.

Any team we trade with knows full well if GB is even discussing that they have to, because their relationship with Rodgers is beyond repair.

You're also discussing a trade with Denver, arguably the worst team that needs a QB left out there on the trade market outside of maybe Oakland...now granted there is no way of knowing how pick position plays out - but I think if we ever see a trade (hope we don't) folks will be surprised at the amount of picks we get back. Now granted in my scenario drop Jones and I'm pushing hard for not just 2 ones but 3 personally plus all the rest.

Dude you keep glossing over the fact that the Packers can take the hardline and say fine retire...if another team wants him bad enough which we know plenty of teams do, one of them will pay up market value for a guy who is the best qb to possibly be on the trade market and has stated he wants to play til 45. Bottom line the chance to trade for a player like Aaron Rodgers with 7 more seasons left has never ever happened...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Lock has only been in the league for 2 years, and is only 24 yrs old. In those 2 seasons, he has played in 18 games. In his final 4 games of last year, he completed 61% of his passes, threw 7 Td's and only had 2 Ints. I think there is still some promise, when a guy can finish the year like that. He still has a chance to be a viable QB in this league, or at least a good #2 for some team. Let's pump the brakes a little, on Lock being terrible and give the guy a chance to develop.

Dude fine he's not terrible but it has been shown that he is not elite and I'm sorry but you have to have an elite qb to be a perennial sb contender in the NFL...why get a guy that we know already is not the guy?

Completing 61% of passes for 7 tds 2 ints over 4 games is definitely not elite. I expect Love to be much better than Lock as do most people around the NFL. Lock was a bad pick, he might turn into a decent backup but you don't draft a backup QB in the first round...Love might turn out to be a bad pick but his talent is on another level than Lock. The question with Love will be is he smart enough?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It amazes me how people have no recollection of how average he was the prior 3 or 4 seasons. The guy has one season behind his best pass-blocking OL in ages and a scheme that gives him wide open targets and they think the old AR is back somehow. His trade value will never be higher than it is now.

It amazes me how many people ignore history. Go look at quarterback performance in the first year of a new coach compared to their second. You'll see that what Rodgers experienced is too be, somewhat, expected (I say somewhat because no MVP season is to be expected). Also, broken bones aren't an indication of declining skill.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude you keep glossing over the fact that the Packers can take the hardline and say fine retire...if another team wants him bad enough which we know plenty of teams do, one of them will pay up market value for a guy who is the best qb to possibly be on the trade market and has stated he wants to play til 45. Bottom line the chance to trade for a player like Aaron Rodgers with 7 more seasons left has never ever happened...

I'll make a VERY strong bet 7 seasons is never happening. Sorry.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we want any young QB? Gotta give love a chance. ;)

I'd take a young qb with some upside...i love Love but you do need more than one qb. The problem becomes, no team would trade a young qb with upside they'd only trade a guy they already have determined is not the guy...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude fine he's not terrible but it has been shown that he is not elite and I'm sorry but you have to have an elite qb to be a perennial sb contender in the NFL...why get a guy that we know already is not the guy?

Completing 61% of passes for 7 tds 2 ints over 4 games is definitely not elite. I expect Love to be much better than Lock as do most people around the NFL. Lock was a bad pick, he might turn into a decent backup but you don't draft a backup QB in the first round...Love might turn out to be a bad pick but his talent is on another level than Lock. The question with Love will be is he smart enough?

Again because in the world we are moving on from Rodgers you're literally in need of an experience back up to Love - as he is the chosen succession plan. That isn't a defense of that plan, but merely stating the obvious fact that he is. You gotta have a veteran or minimum a young guy with forced experience starting - this is the only reason you request Broncos throw Lock in the package. It costs them nothing and they move on from what would be their #3 with Rodgers added.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score

Drew Lock was a 2nd rd pick

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It amazes me how many people ignore history. Go look at quarterback performance in the first year of a new coach compared to their second. You'll see that what Rodgers experienced is too be, somewhat, expected (I say somewhat because no MVP season is to be expected). Also, broken bones aren't an indication of declining skill.

Do you actually watch the games or do you just look at box scores? His accuracy isn't what it used to be and neither is his mobility.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it’s worth. A pump fake and him darting toward the goal line would’ve gave him a shot with either the S or CB meeting him at the goal line. Rodgers is about 6’2X218lb and deceptively quick for 37yrs old. I don’t think he gets stopped.
He could get injured but there is a worthy risk running it, unless it’s a 240lb LB or whatever in his way... which it isn’t. I think he makes it 60% chance because a shoulder likely isn’t going to stop him at the 1. He’s 15-20lbs heavier than the next best obstacle. Favor=Rodgers

Exactly. And if getting to the SB isn't enough to put it on the line then I question his drive to win. He's gotten into the end zone on lower odds than that many times.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you actually watch the games or do you just look at box scores? His accuracy isn't what it used to be and neither is his mobility.
yet you think he wins a foot race with younger faster DB's with less ground to cover. you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Reaction score
I'd take a young qb with some upside...i love Love but you do need more than one qb. The problem becomes, no team would trade a young qb with upside they'd only trade a guy they already have determined is not the guy...
That may change very soon.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I think the trading for a QB is now a dead discussion with the signing of Blake Bortles

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not even sure where to begin on this? His completion percent was ~62% in 2018-2019. 2018 was the reason McCarthy got fired and the second most targets on the team went to one Jimmy Graham! Soooo, yeah his completion percentage went down but the offensive system was barbaric and relied entirely on Rodgers to do everything. 2019, as I've said, was the first year in a new system so anyone expecting a seamless transition was ignoring the history of new coaches and QBs.

Actually, now that I think about it, only someone who ignored games and looked at box scores would state that his accuracy isn't what it used to be...and even then I'm not sure a boxscore watcher would be that silly since he just had a career high in completion percentage, excluding 2007 when he only threw 28 times (and his yards per attempt were the highest since 2014).

Furthermore, why do I care about his mobility? Only a fool looked at Rodgers and says, "gee, I wish he would run more for six yards per attempt rather than throwing the ball for 8 yards per attempt".

I get it, you made a really silly statement and now you feel you have to die on the "Aaron Rodgers isn't that good anymore" hill. I'm here to tell you, you don't! You can move to a different hill. It can still be a silly hill if you'd like but it doesn't have to be both silly AND absurd.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again because in the world we are moving on from Rodgers you're literally in need of an experience back up to Love - as he is the chosen succession plan. That isn't a defense of that plan, but merely stating the obvious fact that he is. You gotta have a veteran or minimum a young guy with forced experience starting - this is the only reason you request Broncos throw Lock in the package. It costs them nothing and they move on from what would be their #3 with Rodgers added.

To be fair I'm not sure you're looking for a backup. Let's keep in mind that Love hasn't had much practice time and he was pretty raw coming out of college. It's kind a massive leap to just say he's ready to be a starting QB right now, especially on a team where he's probably going to lock pretty heavily onto Adams and, as he's a rookie, I wouldn't be shocked if he threw a couple murder balls to him.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am pretty sure Russell Wilson would have had a better chance of running it in then Rodgers.

Members online

Latest posts