Rodgers Vs. Love-- A Packer Fan Poll

Which scenario would you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's weird how many fans take it for granted that trading an elite player in return for a massive amount of compensation automatically results in the team benefitting from the move.

And at age 38 (which he will be midway through the season), elite players are one injury away from zero value. The point is his value is inflated right now due to winning the MVP. If he's wanting to cause problems, dump him off to some team willing to overpay for him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that Jordan Love had a 37th percentile of "throw velocity" at the 2020 combines. That does not sound very good. Is there something more to that stat than simply the name? Was he having some kind of arm problem?

D

Deleted member 6794

The days of Rodgers highest value passed years ago really.

True, but years ago there was no talk of trading him.

So, the Pack FO couldn't tell the trading partner that their draft choices are going to be less valuable and therefore demand more of them (or higher rounds)?

It's probable the Packers won't end up with a top 15 pick by trading Rodgers after the draft. They should definitely not feel content about that possibility at all.

Okay I don't mean to downplay this or your thoughts, but Cmon' this is a part of nearly all discussions had in trade negotiations. Gute and Co would know that if say we traded with the Broncos that the chances of that pick being top 15 is low with Rodgers on that roster. Most likely scenario is Rodgers leads them to a better than .500 season and potentially a playoff birth. Everyone knows this, and that is a factor in what each side argues for in a negotiations.

The Packers shouldn't trade Rodgers under any circumstances if they don't even get a top 10 pick in return though.

We must have watched different games with different expectations.

You should watch the play once again or search for the picture I posted in another thread. There were four defenders capable of tackling Rodgers before he would have reached the end zone.

It boggles my mind that there are still fans who think Rodgers' play hasn't declined at all since his prime.

That's a ridiculous statement after Rodgers put together the second most efficient season in NFL history in 2020.

And at age 38 (which he will be midway through the season), elite players are one injury away from zero value.

That's true for every player in the league.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
It's probable the Packers won't end up with a top 15 pick by trading Rodgers after the draft. They should definitely not feel content about that possibility at all.
That's why I would want a player or 2 included in any trade, to go along with the draft picks. e.g. If we made a trade with the Broncos, I would ask for Jeudy or Surtain as a player to be included in the deal.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why I would want a player or 2 included in any trade, to go along with the draft picks. e.g. If we made a trade with the Broncos, I would ask for Jeudy or Surtain as a player to be included in the deal.

Ask for a realistic return, they're not ignorant and sending back Jeudy or Surtain - you don't trade for Rodgers and remove arguably your two best young talents on both sides of the ball.

Besides possibly getting Lock or Bridgewater back a realistic ask which would be a need on our end and a realistic option on their end would be Dre'Mont Jones - rookie deal with another year after this year yet on his contract and 2020 had a great sophomore season. We need the DL help and he assuredly would be that without a doubt.

I could see a package deal of something similar to below:

2022 - First Rounder
2023 - First Rounder
2023 - 4th Rounder
2022 - 4th Rounder - becomes 3rd if reach AFCCG - becomes 2nd if reach SB
Dre'Mont Jones
Drew Lock

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Ask for a realistic return, they're not ignorant and sending back Jeudy or Surtain - you don't trade for Rodgers and remove arguably your two best young talents on both sides of the ball.
I didn't ask for both Jeudy and Surtain... I said to ask for 1 of them. This way you actually get a top 15 pick included. They can always refuse, but you also don't get either of them if you don't at least ask in the negotiations. I agree that Dre'Mont Jones does make sense.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't ask for both Jeudy and Surtain... I said to ask for 1 of them. This way you actually get a top 15 pick included. They can always refuse, but you also don't get either of them if you don't at least ask in the negotiations. I agree that Dre'Mont Jones does make sense.

I see some guys as not even worth risking offending and asking for, Denver no doubt IMO has the following guys circled as non-tradeable OR we cannot take on their contract most likely:

Von Miller
Kyle Fuller
Any of their top OL
Kareem Jackson
Melvin Gordon
Noah Fant
Jerry Jeudy
Justin Simmons
Bradley Chubb

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed. That's why I said they would have to ask for more choices to compensate.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I see some guys as not even worth risking offending and asking for, Denver no doubt IMO has the following guys circled as non-tradeable OR we cannot take on their contract most likely:

Von Miller
Kyle Fuller
Any of their top OL
Kareem Jackson
Melvin Gordon
Noah Fant
Jerry Jeudy
Justin Simmons
Bradley Chubb
I really thought on draft night that Surtain might have been taken by them if the rumors were true. Their secondary is good, and they signed Fuller in FA, and we needed to improve that spot. After we drafted Stokes I then thought it was more to combat Mahomes

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the QB has the largest influence on the success of the offense. It boggles my mind that there are still fans who think Rodgers' play hasn't declined at all since his prime.

The largest influence in 1 of the 3 phases to a football team, sure. And that's not even taking into account the value of coaching/scheme. Like I said, football isn't a game of tennis.

I never made a single mention of Rodgers not declining either? Not sure where this comment is coming from.

Reaction score

Besides possibly getting Lock or Bridgewater back a realistic ask which would be a need on our end and a realistic option on their end would be Dre'Mont Jones - rookie deal with another year after this year yet on his contract and 2020 had a great sophomore season. We need the DL help and he assuredly would be that without a doubt.

2022 - First Rounder
2023 - First Rounder
2023 - 4th Rounder
Dre'Mont Jones
Drew Lock

I agree if we are including just Rodgers, but what if we are forced to trade Adams too?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree if we are including just Rodgers, but what if we are forced to trade Adams too?

Let's stay on the topic of Rodgers - otherwise it just becomes a chaotic mess of "what if Kenny Clark" "what if Jaire Alexander" and so on and so forth.

Even the Rodgers issues swirl with inconsistencies and unconfirmed sources (or NO sources)....all the while Rodgers is not saying anything...which is doing no one favors (himself included).

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ok if the rejected offer for Russell Wilson was 3 first round picks #20 in 2020. 2 starters and I think other draft pick compensation...why would the Packers trade Aaron Rodgers for less? Even if he straight up refused to play for them which he absolutely has not done.

Jeudy Surtain and 3 first round picks that are highly likely to be in the high 20's? Why not wait til next year before the draft. You get a year to see if those players even any good. Also you likely at list get one too 15 pick before Rodgers goes there and turns them into a super bowl contender and destination for every awesome free agent that's hunting a championship...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even the Rodgers issues swirl with inconsistencies and unconfirmed sources (or NO sources)....all the while Rodgers is not saying anything...which is doing no one favors (himself included).

Is it though?

He always has the option of saying I never said any of that and returning to the team with some nice new guranteed money guranteeing he's the starter for the next 2 seasons and likely other concessions from the team as well...

And from what I can tell that's the way it's headed with everyone who speaks publicly for Rodgers making that sound like a real possibility. James Jones, Kuhn, and AJ hawk All are known Rodgers mouthpieces and all have said they think it will get worked out

So I think it's working just fine for Rodgers obviously more public than he or the team would want but this in no way is hurting Rodgers leverage

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should watch the play once again or search for the picture I posted in another thread. There were four defenders capable of tackling Rodgers before he would have reached the end zone.

Ok, sure. You're the smartest guy in the room, after all. :rolleyes:

That's a ridiculous statement after Rodgers put together the second most efficient season in NFL history in 2020.

MLF's offense provided him with wide open targets all year long. He wasn't the Rodgers of 2014 who used to thread needles on a regular basis. 2020 doesn't erase 2017-2019.

That's true for every player in the league.

The chances of recovering from a major injury are greatly diminished at his age.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when I watched it live, I thought he could have gotten in. When I watched a replay after seeing stills, I don't think he gets in.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
when I watched it live, I thought he could have gotten in. When I watched a replay after seeing stills, I don't think he gets in.
He might have made it to the 4 or 5 yd line and then QB slide to avoid a hit. However, that may have changed the 4th down call by MLF to take the 3 pts.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And at age 38 (which he will be midway through the season), elite players are one injury away from zero value. The point is his value is inflated right now due to winning the MVP. If he's wanting to cause problems, dump him off to some team willing to overpay for him.

Uhh, EVERY player at ANY age is one injury away. Saying that a player's value is "inflated" because he won MVP is perhaps the funniest way I've ever seen "MVPs are valuable" written.

Reaction score
Packers will make the playoffs regardless of who QB1 is in 2021 (clutchpoints.com)

Not sure how I feel about our chances this year with Love, however. He needs to get ready and while he has a lot of potential/promise, we obviously don't know how good he will be at this level. Only way I see us making the playoffs this year with Love, even if he turns out to be very good down the road, is if we can lean heavily on the running game and tight ends/short passing game.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

2022 - First Rounder
2023 - First Rounder
2023 - 4th Rounder
Dre'Mont Jones
Drew Lock

Why would you want Drew Lock? He's terrible by all accounts...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will make the playoffs regardless of who QB1 is in 2021 (clutchpoints.com)

Not sure how I feel about our chances this year with Love, however. He needs to get ready and while he has a lot of potential/promise, we obviously don't know how good he will be at this level. Only way I see us making the playoffs this year with Love, even if he turns out to be very good down the road, is if we can lean heavily on the running game and tight ends/short passing game.

Now there's an article stating some unamed nfl exec thinks Love is better than Justin Herbert...if he's right I suppose they probably would have a good shot at the playoffs. However Rodgers went what 6-10 his first year with a team that lost in the Nfccg the year before...despite playing well statistically

But it's not happening in 2021, and maybe not ever but if it does it looks like 2023 at the earliest. All indications are Rodgers will be back with new money and a gurantee he's the teams starter thru the 2022 season

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts