Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive said same..and when people say we need more weapons that SB was perfect as to why we didnt.

KC has more offense weapons and did nothing.. Common denominator was MISSING OT

you win the trenches on both sides of the ball, it is VERY hard to lose.

Reaction score
I can think of 40 Packer Forum members that could benefit from that $40M, just saying.
I’m in on that program!
Well you know.. They often blow their trumpets when they donate 100k to local business. But then they get selfish and simply kiss more than that away in fines. That proves to me that 100k was actually insignificant to him. So I don’t want to hear about his “helping community”. Try doing that without throwing yourself a banquet and I’ll be impressed.
He reminds me of the Bible story of the talents. He’d rather bury his before allowing his pride to be tarnished. It’s all about Numero Uno. I’m not talking card games here.
PS. If I hit the Big Lottery I’m absolutely giving the Forum regulars a nice cut.. even Sunshine! :laugh:

Last edited:
Reaction score
The sports? writers may just be watching the Packer forums when they come out with something and are rotfltao at a lot of the reactions. Keeps them in paychecks I suppose.
I’m not sure if you were being sarcastic. However I will note that I read several articles written by various Packer/Sports journalists that aligned perfectly after an argument in here. I suppose there will be common topics that overlap that are general concerns, but I’m pretty sure journalists do research and dig for what topics are relevant to the fans. It wouldn’t surprise me if they get an occasional story from all our forum BS. :roflmao:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m in on that program!
Well you know.. They often blow their trumpets when they donate 100k to local business. But then they get selfish and simply kiss more than that away in fines. That proves to me that 100k was actually insignificant to him. So I don’t want to hear about his “helping community”. Try doing that without throwing yourself a banquet and I’ll be impressed.
He reminds me of the Bible story of the talents. He’d rather bury his before allowing his pride to be tarnished. It’s all about Numero Uno. I’m not talking card games here.
PS. If I hit the Big Lottery I’m absolutely giving the Forum regulars a nice cut.. even Sunshine! :laugh:
Newest mod..

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I'm probably not going to be here"
"Don't resign with the Packers"

OH MY GOD...ITS EXACTLY THE SAME.
It's possible he thought the Packers weren't going to keep him. He was making statements around the time that his future wasn't in his control. A lot of this seems to be that he thought the Packers were going to move on without him, and what we're seeing now is his attempt at "I'm dumping you before you dump me". It seems hard to believe he thought they were going to get rid of him this early though.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m in on that program!
If I hit the big lottery good luck anyone ever seeing or hearing from me again.

It's possible he thought the Packers weren't going to keep him. He was making statements around the time that his future wasn't in his control. A lot of this seems to be that he thought the Packers were going to move on without him, and what we're seeing now is his attempt at "I'm dumping you before you dump me". It seems hard to believe he thought they were going to get rid of him this early though.

I agree. Like a statement of fact, or at least the facts as he saw them, rather than an attempt to dissuade anyone from signing. I can see where he might believe that as well. A few seasons of declined (for him) play. Drafting a QB in the first round and trading up to get him at that. Huge salary cap hit coming up. I can see where he might think they were preparing to move on and he was simply telling others the truth as he saw it. "I might not be here" or if he felt that strongly even "I probably won't be here." It might not have had anything to do with his desire to not be here. That's where the whole "its a beautiful mystery" comes in.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree. Like a statement of fact, or at least the facts as he saw them, rather than an attempt to dissuade anyone from signing. I can see where he might believe that as well. A few seasons of declined (for him) play. Drafting a QB in the first round and trading up to get him at that. Huge salary cap hit coming up. I can see where he might think they were preparing to move on.

I agree with all this, but.....why did he voluntarily sign that contract and accept all that guaranteed upfront money if he didn't like how the backend of the deal was structured? Buyers remorse sucks, but its not like the Packers swindled the guy. Also, isn't this pretty much how football teams operate these days? I get it, AR is a FHOF QB and he expects a bit of special treatment. That contract was pretty special, the guarantees and bonuses, special. MLF's desire to work with AR and let him continue to free lance a bit on offense, special. The way fans treat(ed) AR...special. What more does the guy want? A headset during the draft, calling all plays on offense and a clause in his contract that forever makes him the highest paid player in the NFL and always a Packer, unless of course he wants out?

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Wish there could be more of these types of posts. Everything is relative/gray, and there are at least two sides to each point. The D overall has not been stellar (or even good) in a lot of the playoff games, but I get tired of that being the excuse for AR. If nobody was trying to make him god-like, fine, but for those who want elevate him to that status, the complete game has to be considered. There was no excuse for the hole that the D clearly dug, but if one comes in at the end, we have the D giving him three consecutive shots, with the last two being complete failures. A team loss, sure. Something that we'd expect someone with the physical talent AND leadership ability to overcome, sure. I often harken back to the Ice Bowl - started off with a bang, couldn't do a thing in the second half until the last possession, and then...:)
I'm pretty sure Rodgers, of all quarterbacks in playoff history, has the highest points per game average given up by his defenses. That's no small stat. He hasn't been perfect in all of the losses, but that's extremely difficult to overcome.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
His job is to do EVERYTHING that a franchise, highest paid player does, including picking up the slack for the defense. That's his job! That's why he gets the big bucks. No excuses.
Yep. He should be responsible for everything, including the price of popcorn at the games.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Attachments

• dad801ff-29a5-4321-aa3f-3b14d527fd22-Cry_Baby_12_tap_handle.jpg
    dad801ff-29a5-4321-aa3f-3b14d527fd22-Cry_Baby_12_tap_handle.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with all this, but.....why did he voluntarily sign that contract and accept all that guaranteed upfront money if he didn't like how the backend of the deal was structured? Buyers remorse sucks, but its not like the Packers swindled the guy. Also, isn't this pretty much how football teams operate these days? I get it, AR is a FHOF QB and he expects a bit of special treatment. That contract was pretty special, the guarantees and bonuses, special. MLF's desire to work with AR and let him continue to free lance a bit on offense, special. The way fans treat(ed) AR...special. What more does the guy want? A headset during the draft, calling all plays on offense and a clause in his contract that forever makes him the highest paid player in the NFL and always a Packer, unless of course he wants out?
I agree but I don't think that at the time this current contract was signed the notion that Aaron Rodgers would not be our QB was even being entertained by either side. I think both sides figured that when the time came another extension would be worked out and life with Rodgers as our highest paid QB in the league would go on. Who knows what happened to change that or when it happened. Most likely its a combination of things but the bottom line is that for whatever reason Rodgers is not happy with the way the Packers have treated him and maybe some of his former teammates. I don't think the dollar amount is the issue as much as the fact that there are inferior QBs making more than he is. I have an idea that Rodgers started having these feelings that he was not being respected when others started making more money and the team didn't step up and offer to rectify the situation sooner. As a player I think Rodgers should understand that player contracts go up over the years and the top dog may not always be the top dog but I can somewhat see his frustration when you start seeing inferior players making more money than you are. Unfortunately for him its not like he is 5 years into a 6 year deal and wants to restructure the last year. He's only half way through and when he did sign he was the top dog. It also just so happens that some teams seem to have gotten pretty stupid in handing out contracts to their QBs.

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.why did he voluntarily sign that contract and accept all that guaranteed upfront money if he didn't like how the backend of the deal was structured? Buyers remorse sucks, but its not like the Packers swindled the guy. Also, isn't this pretty much how football teams operate these days?
Right. All successful NFL franchises do business the same as the Packers.
Perhaps. Rodgers saw how Brady picked a team that was loaded after years of high draft picks and wants to do the same.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This is old news..
You’re right. Very old. We heard this back in late April as something that was offered back in February or March. The morons are recycling the news and trying to make it sound like this is current. Stupid, worthless jerks.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Rodgers, of all quarterbacks in playoff history, has the highest points per game average given up by his defenses. That's no small stat. He hasn't been perfect in all of the losses, but that's extremely difficult to overcome.
Look, I have *****ed about the defense as much as anyone and I don't know if you are correct about the highest points per game average given up by defenses but #12 is chicken bleep for not stepping up and demanding his way in some of those games. If he's is THE MAN, then act like THE MAN! Apparently he didn't care enough to speak up. How sad.

Reaction score
If I hit the big lottery good luck anyone ever seeing or hearing from me again.
I’m not disappointed. They say disappointment is related to expectations and I didn’t expect much from you :laugh: At least I know you’re truthful.
But ill still cut you in, that how I roll. I’m thinking a Dominos franchise.. pizza special. You know the 2 for one $5.99 deal, I’ll cut you in on a slice.. of plain cheese :tup: j/k. Lol

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he has every right not to restructure his contract to screw over the team even if it is a big advantage for him.

If you think bitching about coaches and management isn't detrimental to a team then you are fooling yourself.

And encouraging FA players to not sign with the Packers is acceptable to you as what a team leader should do?

And those behaviors are acceptable to you then you really care more about Rodgers and his feelings than you do about the Packers. That is clear.

The proof is various reports from players.
Maybe Rodgers telling guys not to sign back with the Packers actually led to most of them re-signing with GB.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not disappointed. They say disappointment is related to expectations and I didn’t expect much from you :laugh: At least I know you’re truthful.
But ill still cut you in, that how I roll. I’m thinking a Dominos franchise.. pizza special. You know the 2 for one $5.99 deal, I’ll cut you in on a slice.. of plain cheese :tup: j/k. Lol
Very funny. You know I'm lactose intolerant.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no excuse for Rodgers not being able to cash in. Not going to make any excuses. However, it would be refreshing if maybe, just maybe, every once in a while the defense didn't get pantsed in big games.

Dropping 26 on that defense isn't anything to sneeze at, especially given what they did to Mahomes 2 weeks later. Again, not an excuse, but for once I'd love to have the defense bail Rodgers out instead of the other way around.
So having the D hand you the ball 3x on turnovers in the second half and you turning it into 6 points is you bailing them out? …. We see things differently my friend

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“Pretty sure”…. I’m pretty sure you have zero idea… go research it

Latest posts