Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one but Packers management and Rodgers know the truth of what is happening. However, if Rodgers does not want to come back, has really turned down the "highest paid QB offer" and has told anyone on the team, including future free agents that he will likely not return "so consider what you do".... then just wondering how that all "fits in" with his narrative that he cares about his teammates, the Packers fans and team legacy? Just wondering, does he really care about anyone else but himself? If he is that disgruntled, retire now, Packers have him through 2021 and option year 2022 so keep that in place. Rodgers is and was really good, HOF QB but this "soap opera" has gotten very, very old and tired- move on or get back to work. Who wants to spend more money watching someone play who does not want to be a Packer and is more interested in having his way than TEAM.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One does not gain or retain respect by not being respectful of others......Rodgers might want to consider that when he or his agent(s) open their mouths. Does any Packer fan who puts out hard earned money for game tickets, Pack gear, anything related to the team - basically helping to pay this guy's salary every year... is this how we act? his actions disrespect every Packer fan who has poured money into this francise since Rodgers was drafted and signed his first contract. Does anyone believe him when he says he cares about this team or any of the fans?

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
All about Aaron's bruised ego at this point. Dude's legacy went up like a fart in the wind. Time healed wounds with Favre, but for this guy and the massive chip he has on his shoulder.. nope. Great football player. Miserable person it seems.
Speaking to the character of someone you've never met. Some of you have went completely bananas over this whole thing.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn that Aaron Rodgers for giving up an average of 35 points per playoff loss. Dude seriously needs to learn to play defense all by himself a lot better than he does.
Or at least engineer more than one successful drive after three successive INTs

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Or at least engineer more than one successful drive after three successive INTs
There's no excuse for Rodgers not being able to cash in. Not going to make any excuses. However, it would be refreshing if maybe, just maybe, every once in a while the defense didn't get pantsed in big games.

Dropping 26 on that defense isn't anything to sneeze at, especially given what they did to Mahomes 2 weeks later. Again, not an excuse, but for once I'd love to have the defense bail Rodgers out instead of the other way around.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking to the character of someone you've never met. Some of you have went completely bananas over this whole thing.

Pretty sure we've seen enough of Rodgers to know that he has a massive ego, is textbook passive aggressive and carries chips the size of the moon around. Don't need to know someone to figure that stuff out. If someone had all 3 qualities, not sure how much I'd want to know them because doesn't have the makings of a pleasant person to me.

And not a massive limb to go out on to suggest that if this ends poorly, he will carry that chip for a long time.

None of that is 'bananas' territory.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Isn't Schefter the donkey hat that started this whole thing?

I never did think it was about the money. I also wonder what "tied him to" means. is it simply under contract with relatively easy ways out for the team or does it mean so much money consideration that they literally couldn't get rid of him without such serious cap ramifications as to guarantee he will be here.

I think Rodgers has two main beefs. First he feels he should either have input in personnel decisions or at least be included in the conversations. I'm sure he wanted super Jake and Jordy back and maybe that's what he means when he says the organization doesn't treat its players well. That part may really not have anything to do with him personally. He see's what happens to his friends and doesn't think it fair. IMO its a fine line when you start to give players a say in personnel matters. I just don't think you can do that. To that end I don't think its really any of his business what the team does to other players. That is between the team and that particular player. Obviously that doesn't mean he has to like it and if it happens too much it can, and looks like it has, affected his feelings towards the organization. Having said that, while I don't think the Packers are obligated in any way to share their decisions about current players (Nelson or Kumerow for example) I don't see any real harm in saying before a draft "if we have the chance to take this or that player or a certain position we are going to do it." Of course being an NFL player I would also expect Rogers to understand that this might happen. That's why I don't think the Jordan Love pick is as big of a deal that people make it out to be. I think who they didn't take (a WR) was much more of a factor than who they did take.

Second I think he wants to be able to dictate when and how he walks away. He wants a firm commitment from the team that he is their guy not just for the foreseeable future but until he decided when he wants to hang it up. I think its clear Packers want him back. I think that was clear even before this new tweet by the twit. But, they want him back on terms that are beneficial to the team and I don't see what's wrong with that. From a player standpoint I understand that, I mean I think they all want to leave on their own terms but its unrealistic to afford that option to anyone, even a player like Rodgers. It does not help the team.

Without seeing details of the extension offer its hard to say. I would guess, given the money that would have to be involved, that it would include huge signing bonus in exchange for lower salary in 2021 and 2022 but a much bigger cap hit in the last 3 years. Given that many expect the cap to explode in 2023 however perhaps the team saw that as still giving them an acceptable way out after 2022. Perhaps Rodgers saw this as well and didn't feel like it was really the firm commitment beyond 2022 that he was looking for.

At this point I think the decision has been made and I think there are 6 people in the world who know how this will all turn out. On his side, himself obviously, his agent and Shailene. On the Packers side Murphy, Gute and Lafleur. At this point in time, other than to appease the fans, I don't think it benefits either side to spill the beans. The decision will be revealed in the next couple of weeks and its just my opinion, maybe more of my hope than my opinion, that Rodgers will be back in Green Bay for 3 more years after which he will retire.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Pretty sure we've seen enough of Rodgers to know that he has a massive ego, is textbook passive aggressive and carries chips the size of the moon around. Don't need to know someone to figure that stuff out. If someone had all 3 qualities, not sure how much I'd want to know them because doesn't have the makings of a pleasant person to me.

And not a massive limb to go out on to suggest that if this ends poorly, he will carry that chip for a long time.

None of that is 'bananas' territory.
I'm sure you're the walking embodiment of perfection.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no excuse for Rodgers not being able to cash in. Not going to make any excuses. However, it would be refreshing if maybe, just maybe, every once in a while the defense didn't get pantsed in big games.

Dropping 26 on that defense isn't anything to sneeze at, especially given what they did to Mahomes 2 weeks later. Again, not an excuse, but for once I'd love to have the defense bail Rodgers out instead of the other way around.
Wish there could be more of these types of posts. Everything is relative/gray, and there are at least two sides to each point. The D overall has not been stellar (or even good) in a lot of the playoff games, but I get tired of that being the excuse for AR. If nobody was trying to make him god-like, fine, but for those who want elevate him to that status, the complete game has to be considered. There was no excuse for the hole that the D clearly dug, but if one comes in at the end, we have the D giving him three consecutive shots, with the last two being complete failures. A team loss, sure. Something that we'd expect someone with the physical talent AND leadership ability to overcome, sure. I often harken back to the Ice Bowl - started off with a bang, couldn't do a thing in the second half until the last possession, and then...:)

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least 3X he got us bounced while putting up less than 30…. If you can’t see his performance against the Bucs as below par … sorry I can’t help you. Then he comes out post game and takes ZERO responsibility… poor poor Aaron.
I am sorry but if f you think 346 yards, 3 TD’s, 1 INT is below par, not only can I not help but you are an absolutely delusional person. I mean your Rodgers hate is blinding you. Did you forget about the TB TD that NEVER should have happened? Did you forget about the offensive line that was leaking like a sieve?

Did you forget about the lost fumble? Did you forget about the coach that inexplicably took the ball out of the MVP’s hands?

Yes Rodgers had some failures in that game but Rodgers performance against that defense was just short of
phenomenal and his team failed him more than he failed them.

Seeing it any other way means you don’t know a single thing about football.

To finish this off I am highly pissed at Rodgers, I too think he is a crybaby diva at this point but I refuse to let those feelings keep me from seeing the facts. And the facts are if a football team needs the QB to be perfect instead of simply great to win playoff games on a continual basis, then your football team is not the good and is completely carried by a few great players on the team.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

His job is to do EVERYTHING that a franchise, highest paid player does, including picking up the slack for the defense. That's his job! That's why he gets the big bucks. No excuses.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sports? writers may just be watching the Packer forums when they come out with something and are rotfltao at a lot of the reactions. Keeps them in paychecks I suppose.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sorry but if f you think 346 yards, 3 TD’s, 1 INT is below par, not only can I not help but you are an absolutely delusional person. I mean your Rodgers hate is blinding you. Did you forget about the TB TD that NEVER should have happened? Did you forget about the offensive line that was leaking like a sieve?

Did you forget about the lost fumble? Did you forget about the coach that inexplicably took the ball out of the MVP’s hands?

Yes Rodgers had some failures in that game but Rodgers performance against that defense was just short of
phenomenal and his team failed him more than he failed them.

Seeing it any other way means you don’t know a single thing about football.

To finish this off I am highly pissed at Rodgers, I too think he is a crybaby diva at this point but I refuse to let those feelings keep me from seeing the facts. And the facts are if a football team needs the QB to be perfect instead of simply great to win playoff games on a continual basis, then your football team is not the good and is completely carried by a few great players on the team.
Then talk about the facts! 1-3 in NFC championship games. Nuff said. With many accolades comes great responsibility! Boo friggin hooo!

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nothing to sneeze at BUT when it mattered - ZIP!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to belittle tampa's D but the thing KC had in common with us was no OTs.
Ive said same..and when people say we need more weapons that SB was perfect as to why we didnt.

KC has more offense weapons and did nothing.. Common denominator was MISSING OT

Members online

Latest posts