Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what amuses me is people (Rodgers?) lament that the Packers haven’t put talent around him. Yet the same people espouse the Bahk is the premiere LT in the league (you also had Lindsey at Center and Jenkins a very fine guard), Adams is “the best” WR in the league (certainly top 5 imo), Aaron Jones is a likewise a top 5 RB …. Aarron Rodgers the greatest QB ever to play the game (???) something does not compute. Somebody here acknowledged that Rodgers was good but not great for a few years prior to Love being taken…. Remind me again why we should kiss this guys *** or mortgage the future as he rolls towards 40? Getting a haul of lofty draft choices for him at this point would be a gift from the football gods imo. A) he’s an arrogant diva and I question his ability to lead this franchise or this football team. (That’s on him, a totally self inflicted wound) B) father time is father time (and Rodgers is no Tom Brady)…I just hope to god the Packers don’t do something stupid to try to placcate this guy or “save face”
Damn that Aaron Rodgers for giving up an average of 35 points per playoff loss. Dude seriously needs to learn to play defense all by himself a lot better than he does.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you guys gonna be mad when Rodgers has a repeat mvp performance this season for the Packers...
Most here are Packer fans and want the Packers to win. That's what this is all about. Some here are focused on making Aaron Rodgers happy.
I still don't see what he has done so wrong. If he wants to give up a bunch of money and not come to camp; I just don't care very much. Him not saying anything is the right thing to (not) do imho. I used to like Schefter. Not so much anymore.
Really?

Ridiculing packer management to teammates to cause dissension on the team?
Calling free agents trying to dissuade them from signing with the Packers?
Refusing to restructure his contract to allow the Packers cap space to sign FAs? (A move that would have give AR millions in future earnings now.)

That's just what we know about

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ridiculing packer management to teammates to cause dissension on the team?
Calling free agents trying to dissuade them from signing with the Packers?
Refusing to restructure his contract to allow the Packers cap space to sign FAs? (A move that would have give AR millions in future earnings now.)

That's just what we know about
He has every right not to restructure his contract. And you have the right to cry about it. You have never ridiculed a boss? How about if you worked for the government? I guess I will ask for exact proof of those things. I have never seen any of it. Though I admit I don't go looking for that stuff. Once again, exact proof.

Reaction score
Damn that Aaron Rodgers for giving up an average of 35 points per playoff loss
Hi this true that we have to look both sides, it’s a TEAM effort and that’s been my argument all along. But you can’t say that and in turn take the same breath to argue “Aaron Rodgers is our only chance”, that’s called double dipping (a NO NO in the post Corona world :whistling:) and it can’t be used both ways for both arguments. Rodgers gave up a Quick 7 (redzone INT) and scored 26 against Tampa AT LAMBEAU. So he basically gets credited a net 19 points in his very last playoff contest. We don’t have to go very far to show he has tendencies to struggle. A #1 Offense Netting 19 points at home won’t win you many games at the playoff level, I don’t care what team it is. Defend him if you will, but I’m pretty sure even Rodgers would say he should’ve played better.
He has every right not to restructure his contract. And you have the right to cry about it. You have never ridiculed a boss? How about if you worked for the government? I guess I will ask for exact proof of those things. I have never seen any of it. Though I admit I don't go looking for that stuff. Once again, exact proof.
He does have the “right” not to restructure. He also has the “right” to not show up to work, but that still doesn’t make it conducive our teams’ success.

I can’t think of 1 other Packer player this year who didn’t work with the FO to help solve their Cap situation.
Maybe you can offer us other examples of players refusing to work with the team for its Cap benefit? Last names are fine we’ll keep it easy.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he has every right not to restructure his contract to screw over the team even if it is a big advantage for him.

If you think bitching about coaches and management isn't detrimental to a team then you are fooling yourself.

And encouraging FA players to not sign with the Packers is acceptable to you as what a team leader should do?

And those behaviors are acceptable to you then you really care more about Rodgers and his feelings than you do about the Packers. That is clear.

The proof is various reports from players.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't see him coming back... he's just too stubborn.
Packers hold all the cards. He isn't walking away from all that money.

He will make a deal with the Packers. He will come back for a season if they promise to trade him next year.

Then we win the Superbowl and he announces he has changed his mind and wants to remain a Packer for the rest of his life. We trade him the next day to the Lions.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then we win the Superbowl and he announces he has changed his mind and wants to remain a Packer for the rest of his life. We trade him the next day to the Lions.
I know you're joking, and I laughed. But I don't want him in our division. But I said that about Favre too, and we lived through it. Rodgers seems waaay more vindictive than Favre though, and Favre was plenty vindictive (about sticking it to us). Not that I took offense. Any real competitor is going to want to beat the team that let him go.

Reaction score
Packers hold all the cards. He isn't walking away from all that money.

He will make a deal with the Packers. He will come back for a season if they promise to trade him next year.

Agreed. He’s not going to kiss away a years salary plus millions in fines and lose an accrued season. He’d take a half step backwards and be in the same position next year but be worth $40mil less. I wouldn’t put it 100% past him as he’s a strange guy, he might try to make it appear stylish or like he’s a man of principle, but he actually be ultra selfish because even that $$ could’ve been donated to thousands of needy people on a large scale impact.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he is just using the template/playbook that got him the starting job and Favre a ticket out of town. Wishy-washy attitude in the off-season and then a late commit to play. I expect him to show up, late and if he is not gone this preseason then rinse-repeat next year.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Agreed. He’s not going to kiss away a years salary plus millions in fines and lose an accrued season. He’d take a half step backwards and be in the same position next year but be worth $40mil less. I wouldn’t put it 100% past him as he’s a strange guy, he might try to make it appear stylish or like he’s a man of principle, but he actually be ultra selfish because even that $$ could’ve been donated to thousands of needy people on a large scale impact.
I can think of 40 Packer Forum members that could benefit from that $40M, just saying.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, he has every right not to restructure his contract to screw over the team even if it is a big advantage for him.

If you think bitching about coaches and management isn't detrimental to a team then you are fooling yourself.

And encouraging FA players to not sign with the Packers is acceptable to you as what a team leader should do?

And those behaviors are acceptable to you then you really care more about Rodgers and his feelings than you do about the Packers. That is clear.

Just playing devils advocate here for a minute.

I haven't read one report of any player coming forward and saying Rodgers contacted them trying to convince them not to sign. I'm not saying it didn't happen but until a player says it happened to them I'll take that report with the same grain of salt as most of the rest of them. I realize few if any players would do that but if it happened we have no corroboration from any players. As far as I know all we have is some reporter saying someone said it happened and I don't put much stock in what reporters say.

As far as not restructuring if he didn't think it was in his best interest in the long run why would he do it. Most restructures benefit the player as well as the team. If he didn't see it as benefitting him I don't blame him for not restructuring. If he truly wants out a restructure would not help that happen so why do it. I can't really fault him for that.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn that Aaron Rodgers for giving up an average of 35 points per playoff loss. Dude seriously needs to learn to play defense all by himself a lot better than he does.
At least 3X he got us bounced while putting up less than 30…. If you can’t see his performance against the Bucs as below par … sorry I can’t help you. Then he comes out post game and takes ZERO responsibility… poor poor Aaron.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least 3X he got us bounced while putting up less than 30…. If you can’t see his performance against the Bucs as below par … sorry I can’t help you. Then he comes out post game and takes ZERO responsibility… poor poor Aaron.
I thought it was interesting that Rodgers had the better passer rating (101.6 to 73.8), but Brady had the better QBR (75.4 to 67.6). Brady's two extra INTs brought down his passer rating, while I believe QBR penalizes for sacks (Rodgers had five to Brady's one). You really get into a team game when you start talking about sacks though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lets say rodgers was told he would be traded after 2020....people should understand that is possible

So team goes into 2020 off season think we r trading rodgers... We nedd back up..so they draft love.

If the rumor is true that we trade you after 2020...then why would he be mad they took a qb?

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score

I haven't read one report of any player coming forward and saying Rodgers contacted them trying to convince them not to sign. I'm not saying it didn't happen but until a player says it happened to them I'll take that report with the same grain of salt as most of the rest of them. I realize few if any players would do that but if it happened we have no corroboration from any players. As far as I know all we have is some reporter saying someone said it happened and I don't put much stock in what reporters say.
I have heard this rumor and have not seen the evidence that it actually happened either. Isn't Bahk one of his best friends? He just resigned. So did Jones. Not sure their relationship. I know Adams is in his last year of his contract and did say that what Rodgers does impacts his decision. He didn't say he wouldn't sign though. Does anyone know the specific player/players that he said this to?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Lets say rodgers was told he would be traded after 2020....people should understand that is possible

So team goes into 2020 off season think we r trading rodgers... We nedd back up..so they draft love.

If the rumor is true that we trade you after 2020...then why would he be mad they took a qb?
My guess is that if there was any discussion by the Packers FO with Rodgers about trading him, it was AFTER Love was drafted.

I'm also speculating that there was no firm agreement to do so or it would have been in writing. I also have to wonder if it wasn't Aaron himself that initiated the trade conversation with something like "You might as well just trade me now, since it's obvious Love is your guy." Gute or Murphy might have said something to the effect of "I guess we will evaluate that after the season."

All that said, I really can't see a scenario where the Packers point blank told AR, with 100% assurity, that they were trading him after the 2020 season. Why would they? So that a rookie QB with zero NFL experience could take over his spot? Makes no sense and continues to make no sense this season, which is why the Packers immediately came out and said "We aren't trading Aaron Rodgers."

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That isn't proof. Now if you give me an honest to God quote from somebody...That would be on the right track. And most everyone seems to be re-signing. Our problem now is having money to re-sign people. Not worrying about hearsay. And Adams. Well, everything is a negotiating stance imho. He can play for free agency but then he might get franchise tagged. That is a lot of money but would be another year w/o having guarantees.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reported by McGinn and Garafollo both saying they heard from multiple players . . .

"What I'm told from multiple sources is that, Aaron Rodgers was telling the Packers' prospective free agents, basically, 'Before you make any decisions, I'm probably not gonna be here.' To the point where he was telling them, I'm told, all the way back to the beginning of last season. That was in the wake — the months after the team had drafted Jordan Love."

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to see this guys stupid grin anymore. He is one of the oddest human beings I have ever seen. He has calculated this whole thing with bad intentions. Why the hell would anyone want him back? Not me. The damage is done. There is no looking back. Get the hell out of town. We are dealing with a dirty weasel that gets off on making others as miserable as he is. Terrible teammate, terrible son, terrible human being. He has been very consistent with this behavior. Show up teammates. Show up coaches. Good luck Shailene. I feel sorry for you.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
How many points did he put on the board after the 3 interceptions in the NFCCG…. Actually how many 1st downs did they even make?
He didn't play particularly great, but I'm talking about his playoff career in whole. He's performed pretty damn good in comparison to other great quarterbacks.

And let's not forget...that's the same Bucs defense that kept Mahomes out of the end zone for the entire super bowl.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Reported by McGinn and Garafollo both saying they heard from multiple players . . .

"What I'm told from multiple sources is that, Aaron Rodgers was telling the Packers' prospective free agents, basically, 'Before you make any decisions, I'm probably not gonna be here.' To the point where he was telling them, I'm told, all the way back to the beginning of last season. That was in the wake — the months after the team had drafted Jordan Love."
This still is just rumors. There is probably some truth to it, but it is not as though he came out and told guys not to re-sign. Again, Bahk re-signed and is one of his close friends. I don't think it is a bad thing to take who the quarterback is going to be into consideration. Money talks though and that's the biggest consideration for most players. The guy is almost 40 and that could also mean that he is considering retiring. I don't know. I just don't see this as hard evidence. Either way, I am sick of him dangling all this crap over everyone's head for an entire offseason and into training camp. It's annoying.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"I'm probably not going to be here"
"Don't resign with the Packers"

OH MY GOD...ITS EXACTLY THE SAME.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All about Aaron's bruised ego at this point. Dude's legacy went up like a fart in the wind. Time healed wounds with Favre, but for this guy and the massive chip he has on his shoulder.. nope. Great football player. Miserable person it seems.

Members online

Latest posts