Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
“Pretty sure”…. I’m pretty sure you have zero idea… go research it
How about you quit acting like a tool. If you're so damn worried about it, you go research it. How about you provide me with a quarterback that's played in more than a handful of playoff games whose defenses have given up more. I'll wait.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Head? Shoulder? Not the point. Thanks for that useless contribution.
Nice. Are you always this rude?

Getting your shoulder injured isn't going to affect future head problems. I believe his issues today are from multiple hits QBs used to get back then. I do agree, Martin was a thug and that kind of behavior should have landed him in jail and not just a suspension and fine.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about you quit acting like a tool. If you're so damn worried about it, you go research it. How about you provide me with a quarterback that's played in more than a handful of playoff games whose defenses have given up more. I'll wait.
Need some parameters. Began with Brees, and (arbitrarily) his playoff games from the time AR started, I got 24.75 Brees' D and 26.35 for Rodgers'. Personally think that a point and a half is close enough, so I wanted, first to see how definitive "more" is to you, and then if the basis is all of a QB's playoff games or some other parameter before investing any more time.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm tired of the drama, also, so I have a Rodgers fun-fact not related to football.
AR bought into Bucks ownership in '18, paid $5.5Mil for 1% ownership (which was the 2014 value of that 1%). Major owners wanted AR "in" so they cut him a deal. The Bucks are currently valued at $1.625Billion, so AR's stake is worth $16.25Mil. That would be 31.1% annualized return on his investment.

If his other investments only do half that return he never needs to worry about $50k/day NFL fines for holding out or any bonus $ repayment ~ it's all funny-money at this point.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice. Are you always this rude?

Getting your shoulder injured isn't going to affect future head problems. I believe his issues today are from multiple hits QBs used to get back then. I do agree, Martin was a thug and that kind of behavior should have landed him in jail and not just a suspension and fine.
Would being thrown violently on your shoulder, on astro turf, be considered one of those hits back then? Shoulder bone connected to the neck bone. The neck bone connected to the head bone. Sorry for being rude.

Reaction score
Imagine if a player in todays game threw a QB on their head like Charles Martin did against the Bears and Jim McMahon? They would do jail time. Could be why McMahon has dementia.
My brothers threw me on my head all the time and I don’t have Parkinson’s.. I mean I like riding typewriters. I mean yiu can’t type riders.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the same guy that described Rodgers performance as “he under performed big time”

I get the Rodgers hate, I am not happy with how this whole situation has gone down but this guy is delusional about the facts.

Attachments

• 2CEC438D-3F9A-4D6B-B234-44C0D02874F3.png
    2CEC438D-3F9A-4D6B-B234-44C0D02874F3.png
    250 KB · Views: 97

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it for years, if the Packers had a defense like the Patriots, Rodgers would have 5 rings, not Brady.
I wonder how much Rodgers blames the Packers for this, and how much it has contributed to his current resentment.

Jim McMahon has more Super Bowl rings than Rodgers.
Can't argue with that. Although he didn't do a whole lot to contribute to that second one, even if it was for the right team.

Reaction score
I’m just going to speculate on something that might offer a small consolation if we do lose Rodgers, but are able to trade him (right now the most likely long term route)
1. I think we would almost all agree we would regress substantially the couple of seasons without Rodgers. I’ll just hypothesize we’d pick #10 and #20 over the first 2 drafts post Aaron.
2. I also would argue that we would get at minimum TWO Day 1 draft selections (unless there are extenuating circumstances like a top 5 selection etc..) AND likely trade receive a few of their day 2 selections in possible trade for our Day 3 draft collateral.

Even if we received a late 20’s selection twice? Ive done the math and we’d have more than enough firepower to take a top #5 overall QB in either 2022 OR 2023 if we saw an ideal situation (possibly top #3 or better if we tripled down)

I say that because the debate of Rodgers VS Love really may not be the final debate at all. Love is simply a bonus pick right now. IF Love didn’t look the part? We could easily pick one of the top 2-3 QBs out of college and even take our pick of 2022 OR 2023 to do it (or even 2024 if we feel like recreating a trade back again and manipulating the firepower to go after our guy in the top 3 overall) This whole Love argument is almost futile when we’re staring at 4 Day 1 selections (plus a handful of day 2’s) That doesn’t negate plenty of Day 2 draft selections (and in both seasons) to fill in gaps. Not to mention due to massive Cap haul from 2022-2023.. we could literally sign all our key internal FA AND likely add more outside FA help to boot.

I feel pretty comfortable we’d have a similar type team around our QB (or slightly better) but we’d have TWO stabs at QB with 1 of those being one of the best 2-3 QBs taken in our choice of 3 separate but consecutive drafts. As an example, Justin Herbert, Trey Lance, Justin Fields etc.. any one of those would be easy sneazy to get with the firepower we could have, with beaucoup draft capital left afterwards. If we went that route? We’d have 5+ seasons paying a QB less than $5mil a season. That’s $35-40Mil annual additional to spend for 5-6 seasons (Love through possible replacement). That’s a lot of Capital to toss around at our weakest links.

Aaron Rodgers may have just played his way out right out of GB, then made it an easy decision on top of it all. IMO, GB can be a playoff contender inside 3 seasons and with a high probability and with multiple avenues, possibly sooner if we keep hitting like we did the last couple drafts OR if our bonus pick, Jordan Love pans out to expectations.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine if a player in todays game threw a QB on their head like Charles Martin did against the Bears and Jim McMahon? They would do jail time. Could be why McMahon has dementia.
That was one of the dirtiest plays I ever saw. I was embarrassed that night. Forest Gregg was a big Charles Martin fan and he looked like he was in shock after that play.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was one of the dirtiest plays I ever saw. I was embarrassed that night. Forest Gregg was a big Charles Martin fan and he looked like he was in shock after that play.
It wasn't the best day to be a Packer fan.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the same guy that described Rodgers performance as “he under performed big time”

I get the Rodgers hate, I am not happy with how this whole situation has gone down but this guy is delusional about the facts.
Facts are he doesnt win. He comes up short in big games and crucial situations. The D tee’d it up for him time after time last year…. He did NOTHING. Wide open field in front of him to get at least inside the 2 and he threw it away. I don’t care what kind of convoluted made up statistical formula you want to roll out… did he produce… did he win…. No. Then he comes out post game and pouts… and now this. Touchdowns are facts…. Wins are facts… statistics are for nerds

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

That attachment needs to be sticky'd somewhere.

Facts are he doesnt win. He comes up short in big games and crucial situations. The D tee’d it up for him time after time last year…. He did NOTHING. Wide open field in front of him to get at least inside the 2 and he threw it away. I don’t care what kind of convoluted made up statistical formula you want to roll out… did he produce… did he win…. No. Then he comes out post game and pouts… and now this. Touchdowns are facts…. Wins are facts… statistics are for nerds
So you ask for a supporting statistic, and then when you get one, it doesn't matter.

GTFOH.

People like you are dug in and don't give a **** about anything that doesn't support your position.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Although he didn't do a whole lot to contribute to that second one, even if it was for the right team.
I'd argue he didn't do much to help with the first one. He had Sweetness and arguably the best defense in the history of the game.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now talks with Adams are done. It's so obvious Gute and MM are the problem here. The board must immediately remove them both. If not the board must be dissolved.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now talks with Adams are done. It's so obvious Gute and MM are the problem here. The board must immediately remove them both. If not the board must be dissolved.
You're "reading the tea leaves" all wrong... Adams wants to be the highest paid WR (more than $27.25Mil/yr) which was to be expected. The salary cap won't allow that right now, until AR's '22 $22.6Mil cap-hit is off the books. IF Adams wants to stay in GB AND make his $$ he'll have to wait until AR is no longer on the roster. Why would the board consider removing Murphy or Gute for managing the team's finances/cap and properly doing their job?

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That attachment needs to be sticky'd somewhere.

So you ask for a supporting statistic, and then when you get one, it doesn't matter.

GTFOH.

People like you are dug in and don't give a **** about anything that doesn't support your position.
Are you going to address the request for definitions and parameters to discuss the defensive support for AR vs other playoff QBs?

Latest posts