Rodgers own legacy

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Those Belichick quotes look a little like plagiarism;

“Individual commitment to a group effort, that is what makes a team work.” Vince Lombardi

“Mental toughness is many things and rather difficult to explain. Its qualities are sacrifice and self-denial.” Vince Lombardi

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly no WR that has left GB under the Rodgers time hasn't been able to find the amount of success they had during their time with him. Case in point look at Jennings, or even James Jones. :rolleyes:

When James Jones returned he arguably was a pro bowler that got snuffed.
jordy, jennings, jones, were all pretty much used up by the time they left GB and they all went to worse situations.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Refute it then. His career best was in Green Bay under Rodgers. That is a fact. But by all means educate us.

Imho Jennings owes his career and how he got on Fox thanks in part to Rodgers as he hasn't really done anything memorable since his depature.
He’s the best at making general, baseless statements with no substance whatsoever to them. And then when someone asks him to clarify, or when someone asks him to provide statistics or proof, he disappears.

I could sit here all day long and say that a clear sky is green.

Reaction score
who has he made look better than they really are? everyone on this team is exactly what they are...no more, no less. and who said he's “washed up” “too old” or “has no chance of winning a SB”?
Name a couple examples of Offensive players who have left GB and played hands down better? (During Rodgers tenure)

Reaction score
jordy, jennings, jones, were all pretty much used up by the time they left GB and they all went to worse situations.
The used up part is absolutely not factually true. The one guy YOU picked that left and came back? Led our entire team in receiving yards after being washed up..Hoodie.
Explain to this audience how a guy can leave and his numbers verifiably plummet. He comes back and is the leading receiver on the team with massive yards per catch.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneJa04.htm

Support it with evidence please

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You see I would buy that, but for the simple reason that James Jones left to Oakland and didn't have much of a career and yet somehow when he returned to GB he didn't miss a beat. Plus Jennings was right in his prime as he was looking to make top dollar, something The Packers weren't willing to do.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The used up part is absolutely not factually true. The one guy YOU picked that left and came back? Led our entire team in receiving yards after being washed up..Hoodie.
Explain to this audience how a guy can leave and his numbers verifiably plummet. He comes back and is the leading receiver on the team with massive yards per catch.
You see I would buy that, but for the simple reason that James Jones left to Oakland and didn't have much of a career and yet somehow when he returned to GB he didn't miss a beat. Plus Jennings was right in his prime as he was looking to make top dollar, something The Packers weren't willing to do.
i didn't pick jones, Do7 did so i included him, but it still holds pretty true. if it's one thing the Packers are pretty good at is getting rid of wr's before they go completely bad. and i DID say "they all went to worse situations" than they had in GB. jones' one year was the outlier but you have to give him credit...he got open and he made plays. adams has gotten his 2nd contract here and hopefully he's good enough to get a third but i wouldn't be surprised if he's gone when it's done as that's the Packers modus operandi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

if it's one thing the Packers are pretty good at is getting rid of wr's before they go completely bad. and i DID say "they all went to worse situations" than they had in GB. jones' one year was the outlier but you have to give him credit...he got open and he made plays.

So what you're saying is that those receivers went to worse situations because they didn't have Rodgers throwing them the ball.

How does that match with your take that Rodgers doesn't make his receivers any better??? :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Those Belichick quotes look a little like plagiarism;

“Individual commitment to a group effort, that is what makes a team work.” Vince Lombardi

“Mental toughness is many things and rather difficult to explain. Its qualities are sacrifice and self-denial.” Vince Lombardi

Most quotes are plagiarisms ... - even Vince Lombardi most likely took his from somewhere ... However, I wouldn’t be surprised if Belichick Got some of his inspiration from VL, as Belichick is known to study most Great coaches ...

I digress, I wasn’t fortunate to have seen VL live, so I wouldn’t know ...

Regardless, I think you are being cheek in tongue though Lol

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
He’s the best at making general, baseless statements with no substance whatsoever to them. And then when someone asks him to clarify, or when someone asks him to provide statistics or proof, he disappears.

I could sit here all day long and say that a clear sky is green.

Naw, not really ... however I dont see the need to clutter every thread with the same stats over and over. I could say the same to you and just “whine” “Show me proof of this and that” ....

Problem is the same, in your naive World, its always everyone elses fault ... much like Rodgers seems to think ...

And incidently, Rodgers didn’t make Jennings ... Check the stats again ...

D

Deleted member 6794

Jennings stats with Rodgers (69 games): 327 receptions - 4,985 yards - 38 TDs
Jennings stats without Rodgers (74 games): 244 receptions - 3,306 yards - 26 TDs

It seems Jennings had more success with Rodgers throwing him the ball for some odd reason.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneJa04.htm

Support it with evidence please
Jones' number didn't plummet. he was a leading receiver on a bad team with a rookie QB. You'd expect YPC to go down with a rookie QB but he had 20 more catches than he had here and about the same TD's.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings stats without Rodgers (74 games): 244 receptions - 3,306 yards - 26 TDs

It seems Jennings had more success with Rodgers throwing him the ball for some odd reason.
You've seen Christian Ponder throw the ball I assume. I'm not arguing the WR's made Rodgers, but it certainly wasn't a one way street. Jennings played his part in making Rodgers look good. all those receivers did, they kept GB up in the rankings in terms of YAC. Turning a medium pass into long catch and runs and TD's helps, just as putting a ball on target so you don't have to break stride to catch helps.

It is easier to find good WR's than it is good QB's, but Rodger's wouldn't have been the NFL's golden child in that stretch throwing to guys that couldn't break tackles, fell after they caught the ball, couldn't catch the ball or tripped over their own feet rather than making defenders look silly trying to tackle them.

D

Deleted member 6794

You've seen Christian Ponder throw the ball I assume. I'm not arguing the WR's made Rodgers, but it certainly wasn't a one way street. Jennings played his part in making Rodgers look good. all those receivers did, they kept GB up in the rankings in terms of YAC. Turning a medium pass into long catch and runs and TD's helps, just as putting a ball on target so you don't have to break stride to catch helps.

Rodgers definitely benefitted from having talented receivers on the roster for most of his tenure. Ponder should serve as a primary example of why it's absolutely ridiculous to criticize Rodgers for having had several bad seasons.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not arguing the WR's made Rodgers, but it certainly wasn't a one way street. Jennings played his part in making Rodgers look good. all those receivers did, they kept GB up in the rankings in terms of YAC.
Yeah, we were the kings of YAC for a little while there.

Jennings was a good receiver. Knowing how Rodgers has to trust his receivers, he wouldn't have thrown to him as often otherwise. I think it's fair to say Rodgers has had better WRs, while Favre had better defenses.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that those receivers went to worse situations because they didn't have Rodgers throwing them the ball.

How does that match with your take that Rodgers doesn't make his receivers any better??? :whistling:
i'm saying those teams weren't as good as GB was, and they had already peaked while they were in GB. they were mostly used up when they moved. if adams went to some other team right now he'd be just as good there, as in GB. he's far from used up. he gets open, makes plays, and should for the foreseeable.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Naw, not really ... however I dont see the need to clutter every thread with the same stats over and over. I could say the same to you and just “whine” “Show me proof of this and that” ....

Problem is the same, in your naive World, its always everyone elses fault ... much like Rodgers seems to think ...

lmao. One person backs his argument up with facts, statistics, team records, etc., and the other has a personal vendetta with almost no concrete supporting evidence other than to just say 'believe me just because I tell you to'.

I rest my case.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Stats aren't good enough for @Quientus

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

well sure. that was the prime of jennings career. he really established himself that last year with BF in 2007. had a very good year. young, fast, great hands. his targets went from 84 that year to 140 in rodgers first year as a starter and stayed near there the next three years...so yeah his stats would naturally be better. he was the #1.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well sure. that was the prime of jennings career. he really established himself that last year with BF in 2007. had a very good year. young, fast, great hands. his targets went from 84 that year to 140 in rodgers first year as a starter and stayed near there the next three years...so yeah his stats would naturally be better. he was the #1.
And yet James Jones left and came back the following year and was arguably a pro bowler. He certainly wasn't in his prime when he came back. :rolleyes:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yet James Jones left and came back the following year and was arguably a pro bowler. He certainly wasn't in his prime when he came back. :rolleyes:
Jones did pretty well for the Raiders when he was with them, though. Which is probably why Ted brought him back, he obviously still had some life in him. Sure, his stats dipped a bit with Oakland, but that team stunk.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you said that already. i mentioned it (in a previous post) and said jones deserves credit for getting open and making plays that year. if you remember he was about all rodgers had that season as he was signed in a panic after jordy went down, adams was ineffective in his 2nd year, and cobb got all the attention from opposition db's. that's when everyone realized cobb couldn't play outside wr anymore. jones stats, although pretty good, were far from probowl level (890 yards, 50% catch rate, 8 td's). that season was his nfl swan song.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jones' number didn't plummet. he was a leading receiver on a bad team with a rookie QB. You'd expect YPC to go down with a rookie QB but he had 20 more catches than he had here and about the same TD's.
Kinda makes my point doesn’t it? When it comes to receiving it’s more about the QB and less about who’s catching the ball. If Jones was so great, why didn’t he make the QB look good? (Which is the direct argument above)

How about Jennings? What’s the excuse there?
(I’m secretly hoping you say inferior QB again)

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda makes my point doesn’t it? When it comes to receiving it’s more about the QB and less about who’s catching the ball. If Jones was so great, why didn’t he make the QB look good? (Which is the direct argument above)

How about Jennings? What’s the excuse there?
(I’m secretly hoping you say inferior QB again)
Bingo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts