Rodgers own legacy

Reaction score
I would take Patrick Mahomes over Aaron Rodgers right now. Even if you gave AR a better supporting cast. Mahomes isnt like RG3. This dude is the real deal. And thats not a dig against AR, I simply think Mahome's is/will be that good in years to come.
I also appreciate Mahomes “fast start” he’s very promising. His 1st year starter numbers are astounding.
We will have a better understanding with 2-3 accrued seasons as a starter. I’ll be curious to see if he will have durability issues etc..

Reaction score
Way to early to proclaim sny

thing about Mahomes, lots of players have had a spectacular year. But I will admit he does appear to be special

Right, thats what I was thinking. I know there were probably people saying the same stuff about RG3 after his first year. But with this guy it feels a bit different. I could be way wrong tho

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

thing about Mahomes, lots of players have had a spectacular year. But I will admit he does appear to be special
I have the same thoughts. He does look to have "it". Can move, can run, but isn't thinking run first like other QB's the explode on to the scene and then fade quickly. He seems to have all the tools, just needs more experience. and even being light on experience, he's still pretty dang good. BUT it's what made Manning and Favre, and Rodgers, Brady, Brees all so much better than the rest. They do it year in and year out with few exceptions and defenses and coordinators have been trying to stop them for a long time. So many times a QB looks great. For a year and then all their tendencies and go to plays get figured out, and then they're just average. Maybe. or out of the league soon. I don't think Mahomes will be one of those guys that gets figured out and fades away, but it remains to be seen.

Reaction score
Right, thats what I was thinking. I know there were probably people saying the same stuff about RG3 after his first year. But with this guy it feels a bit different. I could be way wrong tho
Promising absolutely.
I look at it this way. If you had a do over and it was draft day tomorrow and both were in that draft as rookies. You've got the #1 pick. Who would you pick?
Brady? Mahomes? Rodgers? Marino? Joe? Peyton? Bree’s? Forget about the coach or the defense for a second.
Where would they line up on a draft board?

I’m betting Rodgers and Brady go 1-2. Not necessarily in that order.

Reaction score
I have the same thoughts. He does look to have "it". Can move, can run, but isn't thinking run first like other QB's the explode on to the scene and then fade quickly. He seems to have all the tools, just needs more experience. and even being light on experience, he's still pretty dang good. BUT it's what made Manning and Favre, and Rodgers, Brady, Brees all so much better than the rest. They do it year in and year out with few exceptions and defenses and coordinators have been trying to stop them for a long time. So many times a QB looks great. For a year and then all their tendencies and go to plays get figured out, and then they're just average. Maybe. or out of the league soon. I don't think Mahomes will be one of those guys that gets figured out and fades away, but it remains to be seen.

I agree with that. I am sure it helps to have Hill and a safety blanket in Travis Kelce. BUT their defense was really bad statistically throughout the year. So take that for what you will

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Mahomes had an incredible season and might very well prove to be one of the very best moving forward, but lets wait until the league gets a full season of tape on him, along with waiting until he gets his mega contract, thus eliminating how much help they can put around him like he has now. I'm not going to rush to judgment quite yet.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think AR12's legacy will be one of a "pretty goldarn good" QB who played for mostly mediocre teams and was hampered by poor coaching and numerous injuries.

I wonder if AR12 even cares if he's in the conversation about being the GOAT. He's got $100M+, a pretty girlfriend, probably be enshrined in the NFL HOF.

All of our lives should suck so badly.

All of that being said I'll gladly take 2 or 3 more Lombardis before I take a dirt nap Mr. AR12.

Thank you very much.

Shockwave

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers will be 3-0 against Brady in the Super Bowl. Rodgers will end up being GOAT due to the head-to-head factor.
Ah, the Nadal argument (from tennis). People say Rodger Federer is the GOAT because he has the most Grand Slams (20). But other people said Nadal was the GOAT because he had the better head to head record against him (although most of Nadal's wins are on clay, where he's practically unbeatable). Of course, Nadal has 17 Grand Slams himself, so he's only down 20-17 in the Slam Count. Right now Rodgers is down 6-1 in Super Bowl wins, and 9-1 in Super Bowl appearances.

Did you see that commercial for the NFL's 100th anniversary? Brady tells someone to hold his rings, and he pulls five huge Super Bowl rings off the fingers of one hand. It's pretty impressive, and a little ridiculous. Amazing that now he actually has ANOTHER ring after making that commercial.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR has been great... probably Top 10 for sure, i don't think he'll catch Brady

He's about tied with Favre here...

Favre didn't have a lot of good teams either honestly...

so he's probably about the same as Favre, both TOP 10.... EASY but not the GOAT.. there's honestly no chance now I don't think

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all the Mahomes talk....

I HATE to be an a** or a Debbie Downer but he has only had ONE good season. I'm not trying to take anything away from him but how long have ya'll been watching football??? This is one year.

Even guys like Josh Freeman/Blake Bortles/Stafford/etc have all had ONE good season

He needs to prove he can do this year in and year out

I hope he does, but we will have to wait and see

It's absolutely RIDICULOUS to start gushing over a guy after ONE SEASON

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so he's probably about the same as Favre, both TOP 10.... EASY but not the GOAT.. there's honestly no chance now I don't think
Yeah, by now it's out of reach. Rodgers may be more athletic or more talented than Brady, but it doesn't really matter. Like Favre said, Brady may be limited in what he does, but what he does he does very, very well. Throw in how clutch he's in on top of all the rings and there's no discussion left to be had.

Yeah, if Favre had played for the Pats, who knows what he might have done? But he didn't and he doesn't, and even if he did it wouldn't help the Packers any.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most people talking about Mahomes in this thread have said the same thing. Nobody has annointed him anything

Reaction score
Favre didn't have a lot of good teams either honestly...
Brett Favre was the recipient of FIVE top 10 Defenses in a row and SEVEN top 10 Defenses overall. Aaron has had just TWO while the starting QB

Brett Favre played with just TWO Defenses in the bottom 1/3 of the league (12% of his career)
Aaron Rodgers has played with FIVE bottom 1/3 Defenses (45% of his career) in just 11 seasons (technically 50% because he was not the teams leading QB in 2017 (Hundley)).

Tom Brady has played with ZERO Defenses in the bottom 1/3 of the league (0% of his career)
Tom Brady has never won a SB with a Defense ranked above #8 in scoring.
Tom Brady only led three teams with a defense ranked above top 10. Those three ranked #17,#17, #15. In those 3 seasons he lost the Super Bowl, lost the Divisional, and flat out missed the playoffs

Tom Brady has a 40% SB winning success rate with a top 10 Defense. 15 Top 10 Defenses vs 6 SB’s
Aaron Rodgers has a 50% winning success rate with a top 10 Defense. 2 Top 10 Defenses vs 1 SB
Brett Favre has a 12% winning success rate with a top 10 Defense 7 Top 10 Defenses vs 1 SB

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre was the recipient of FIVE top 10 Defenses in a row and SEVEN top 10 Defenses overall. Aaron has had just TWO while the starting QB.
Most people blame the Broncos, but the Cowboys of the early 90s were one of the most dominant dynasties ever. They won three Super Bowls in four years. If they hadn't been in our way, I think Favre would have another ring.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Brett Favre was the recipient of FIVE top 10 Defenses in a row and SEVEN top 10 Defenses overall. Aaron has had just TWO while the starting QB

Brett Favre played with just TWO Defenses in the bottom 1/3 of the league (12% of his career)
Aaron Rodgers has played with FIVE bottom 1/3 Defenses (45% of his career) in just 11 seasons (technically 50% because he was not the teams leading QB in 2017 (Hundley)).

Tom Brady has played with ZERO Defenses in the bottom 1/3 of the league (0% of his career)
Tom Brady has never won a SB with a Defense ranked above #8 in scoring.
Tom Brady only led three teams with a defense ranked above top 10. Those three ranked #17,#17, #15. In those 3 seasons he lost the Super Bowl, lost the Divisional, and flat out missed the playoffs

Tom Brady has a 40% SB winning success rate with a top 10 Defense. 15 Top 10 Defenses vs 6 SB’s
Aaron Rodgers has a 50% winning success rate with a top 10 Defense. 2 Top 10 Defenses vs 1 SB
Brett Favre has a 12% winning success rate with a top 10 Defense 7 Top 10 Defenses vs 1 SB

Which site did you extrapolate the above data from ? Because my data says otherwise ...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The two years Rodgers had a top 10 defense?

2009 - yet his defense still gave up 51 in a game in which his offense scored 45 points to get eliminated from the playoffs. :roflmao:

2010 - won the Super Bowl

Yet Favre had five top 10 defenses in a row when he was a young slinger at the peak of his powers (ages 24, 25, 26, 27, 28). And another couple of top 10 defenses later on.

Favre never went more than 5 years in a row without a top 10 defense, yet Rodgers hasn't had a top 10 defense in 8 years.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the same thing with the Patriots now could be said of the Cowboys in the 90s.

That Cowboys team was loaded with Aikman, Irving, Smith all HOFers today and arguably the greatest offensive line of all time.

On offense, the talent isn't close with what Favre had vs Rodgers.

Ahman/ Levens/Bennet are probably better than Grant/Lacy/Jones

But WR talent Nelson/Jennings/Adams/Jones/Cobb >>>>> Sharpe/Freeman

Didn't include Driver as he played jear equal time with both

TE is probably a wash but Finley in his prime was WAYYY better than Bubba Franks and Mark Chmura

So I think having Favre and Rodgers even is fair as I've pointed out.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the same thing with the Patriots now could be said of the Cowboys in the 90s.

That Cowboys team was loaded with Aikman, Irving, Smith all HOFers today and arguably the greatest offensive line of all time.

On offense, the talent isn't close with what Favre had vs Rodgers.

Ahman/ Levens/Bennet are probably better than Grant/Lacy/Jones

But WR talent Nelson/Jennings/Adams/Jones/Cobb >>>>> Sharpe/Freeman

Didn't include Driver as he played jear equal time with both

TE is probably a wash but Finley in his prime was WAYYY better than Bubba Franks and Mark Chmura

So I think having Favre and Rodgers even is fair as I've pointed out.
Considering Rodgers made those receivers for the most part, (not saying that they weren't good) is more of a testament to the load Rodgers had to carry since he was the one throwing to them. Favre on the other hand could rely on a running game and a defense in the event he had a bad game. When has Rodgers had someone of the likes of Ahman? And people are forgetting how underrated Bubba Franks was. Finley had better potential but could never live up to it, as case in point how The Packers won the SB without him.

Edit: Ok make the receivers may have been a poor choice of words, but considering that most of the receivers hadn't really done anything outside of GB that's why I said that. So with that being said I don't believe things are balanced out as you stated. Favre still benefited more

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Considering Rodgers made those receivers for the most part, (not saying that they weren't good) is more of a testament to the load Rodgers had to carry since he was the one throwing to them. Favre on the other hand could rely on a running game and a defense in the event he had a bad game. When has Rodgers had someone of the likes of Ahman? And people are forgetting how underrated Bubba Franks was. Finley had better potential but could never live up to it, as case in point how The Packers won the SB without him.

Edit: Ok make the receivers may have been a poor choice of words, but considering that most of the receivers hadn't really done anything outside of GB that's why I said that. So with that being said I don't believe things are balanced out as you stated. Favre still benefited more

*IF* Rodgers “made” those receivers, as you say ... How come having other WR’s is suddenly a problem ? Shouldn’t Rodgers be able to do the same, since Rodgers is the one carrying the team ???

If anything, I would say Favre was alot better at helping “No named” become “semi-Stars” than Rodgers has been so far ...

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*IF* Rodgers “made” those receivers, as you say ... How come having other WR’s is suddenly a problem ? Shouldn’t Rodgers be able to do the same, since Rodgers is the one carrying the team ???

If anything, I would say Favre was alot better at helping “No named” become “semi-Stars” than Rodgers has been so far ...

Ha! You know good and damn well for starters Rodgers was injured, on top of that you know good and well it takes time to develop chemistry. Nice try though. You are so full of it. Please name a WR under Favre's era that he helped get them into the pro bowl since he helped make them into semi-stars than Rodgers. I'll even start you off with Freeman. Don't even try Sharpe b/c that dude was already a legit receiver before Favre.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts