Rodgers own legacy

Reaction score
Rodgers has a bad season. Whoopdee doo. Nearly every QB in this league does. A bad season does not define a career.

Coincidentally what some posters consider a “bad” season for Aaron Rodgers is an average season for the average QB. (I’m giving some leeway cause I’m too lazy to research, but Aaron’s bad season puts him in the middle of the league)

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rodgers has a bad season. Whoopdee doo. Nearly every QB in this league does. A bad season does not define a career.

Coincidentally what some posters consider a “bad” season for Aaron Rodgers is an average season for the average QB. I’m. giving some leeway cause I’m too lazy to research but Aaron’s bad season puts him in the middle of the league.
Tom Brady at a very comparable age (36) had the following season in 2013:

60.5% completions
4,343 yards
6.9 yards/attempt
25 TDs
11 INTs
87.3 passer rating

That is while being completely healthy and playing 16 games.

Compare that with Rodgers' 2018 season (35 yrs old)

62.3% completions
4,442 yards
7.4 yards/attempt
25 TDs
2 INTs
97.6 passer rating

This while being limited with a knee injury that would have kept most players on the sidelines.

The overreaction to Rodgers' season in 2018 is laughable to the point that it's boarding on absurdity.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady at a very comparable age (36) had the following season in 2013:

60.5% completions
4,343 yards
6.9 yards/attempt
25 TDs
11 INTs
87.3 passer rating

That is while being completely healthy and playing 16 games.

Compare that with Rodgers' 2018 season (35 yrs old)

62.3% completions
4,442 yards
7.4 yards/attempt
25 TDs
2 INTs
97.6 passer rating

This while being limited with a knee injury that would have kept most players on the sidelines.

The overreaction to Rodgers' season in 2018 is laughable to the point that it's boarding on absurdity.
this post makes no sense.
for one thing you should have used brady's stats when he was 35 (34/8/4827/98.7) if you were going to quote stats at all.
rodgers didn't have a "bad" year last season...it was a down season. and the numbers don't tell the same story that your eyes told you. i don't think the knee was as big a factor as his mental situation from the team dynamic. everyone's hoping that will change. it really has to.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're arguing separate points. How about this...Rodgers makes receivers more productive by getting them more opportunities for yards, catches, touchdowns. Is that good enough? Or are you going to dance around that as well?
agreed but the same can be said for some wr's. all i'm saying is one hand washes the other...it's 50/50.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
this post makes no sense.
for one thing you should have used brady's stats when he was 35 (34/8/4827/98.7) if you were going to quote stats at all.
rodgers didn't have a "bad" year last season...it was a down season. and the numbers don't tell the same story that your eyes told you. i don't think the knee was as big a factor as his mental situation from the team dynamic. everyone's hoping that will change. it really has to.
My goodness. Ages 35 and 36 aren't close enough to illustrate the idea that a quarterback can have what you term as a "down" season statistically, while still being able to bounce back to regular form?

Hell I guess I need to compare where they both were at 34 years, 9 months, 17 days, 6 hours, 12 minutes, and 4 seconds of age. Of course there's always a possibility that one of them was playing an NFL game while the other one was celebrating Easter at that exact age. :rolleyes:

THAT is what doesn't make sense.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My goodness. Ages 35 and 36 aren't close enough to illustrate the idea that a quarterback can have what you term as a "down" season statistically, while still being able to bounce back to regular form?

Hell I guess I need to compare where they both were at 34 years, 9 months, 17 days, 6 hours, 12 minutes, and 4 seconds of age. Of course there's always a possibility that one of them was playing an NFL game while the other one was celebrating Easter at that exact age. :rolleyes:

THAT is what doesn't make sense.
in your post you referenced some calling it a bad season and didn't say anything about him bouncing back. you just tossed out some unrelated stats.
of course he can bounce back. as i said...we're all hoping he does. it's a necessity.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
in your post you referenced some calling it a bad season and didn't say anything about him bouncing back. you just tossed out some unrelated stats.
of course he can bounce back. as i said...we're all hoping he does. it's a necessity.
It isn't unrelated at all. I threw it out there as evidence for the people (not necessarily YOU) who have implied that Rodgers is on the decline (you did, for the record), or that he cannot recapture his old form. Brady at a similar age had a down year and has played some of his best ball in his late 30s and into his 40s.

I'm sorry that it's not what you want to read, but it's absolutely applicable to the discussion.

The part about it being a necessity? In 100% agreement with you.

D

Deleted member 6794

agreed but the same can be said for some wr's. all i'm saying is one hand washes the other...it's 50/50.

In my opinion it's more common for an elite quarterback to elevate the performance of less talented receivers than the other way around though.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers right now is what everyone said Favre was 12 and more years ago. Sorry to say it to his fans, but he is.

Reaction score
I’d like to propose an offer. The only qualifier is that Rodgers Starts at least 14 games AND if GB makes it to the NFC Championship game we immediately and unequivocally concede to his greatness as a QB. It’s a 1 year prove it deal with no exceptions and no changing the rules henceforth.

If Aaron Rodgers has MORE THAN TWO of any these categories by regular season end, I’ll freely admit that he is in a free fall and not worth his weight in salt. However, if Rodgers has LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO TWO of these mediocre performance criteria we abort this silliness and furthermore all agree to quit being selective and fully support our QB through ups and downs hereafter.

1. All purpose yards <= 4,000
2. % completion rate <= 63.0%
3. His all purpose TDs are <= 29
4. His Td/INT% is less than a 2:1 ratio
5. The Offense finishes in the bottom 50% in scoring
6. The team as a whole finishes below .500
7. QB rating <=60
8. The Offense as a whole finishes in the bottom 50% in passing yardage.
yardage.
9. He finishes outside the top 12 QBs in % passer rating.
10. He wins less 62.5% of our home games.

Last edited: