Rodgers own legacy

D

Deleted member 6794

On offense, the talent isn't close with what Favre had vs Rodgers.

Ahman/ Levens/Bennet are probably better than Grant/Lacy/Jones

But WR talent Nelson/Jennings/Adams/Jones/Cobb >>>>> Sharpe/Freeman

Didn't include Driver as he played jear equal time with both

TE is probably a wash but Finley in his prime was WAYYY better than Bubba Franks and Mark Chmura

So I think having Favre and Rodgers even is fair as I've pointed out.

You completely ignore that Rodgers hasn't had the benefit of a top 10 defense for eight consecutive seasons and counting though.

*IF* Rodgers “made” those receivers, as you say ... How come having other WR’s is suddenly a problem ? Shouldn’t Rodgers be able to do the same, since Rodgers is the one carrying the team ???

The receivers have still to be talented for them to put up decent numbers even with Rodgers throwing the ball. Last season the team definitely lacked sufficient talent at the position.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha! You know good and damn well for starters Rodgers was injured, on top of that you know good and well it takes time to develop chemistry. Nice try though. You are so full of it. Please name a WR under Favre's era that he helped get them into the pro bowl since he helped make them into semi-stars than Rodgers. I'll even start you off with Freeman. Don't even try Sharpe b/c that dude was already a legit receiver before Favre.

If I'm understanding your question properly... I'd say Driver. Favre put him in three probowls. Rodgers put him in zero (likely as he was 33 when Rodgers took over and past his prime).

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm understanding your question properly... I'd say Driver. Favre put him in three probowls. Rodgers put him in zero (likely as he was 33 when Rodgers took over and past his prime).
Huh. I wasn't aware Driver was a 3x pro bowler, but that doesn't surprise me. Dude was legit in his prime. And he's my favorite Packers receiver of all time. But in regards to when Rodgers took helm, he was 33 and fell behind the likes of Jennings, Jones, Jordy, and an upcoming Cobb. I appreciate the 411. Alright so that's two.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh. I wasn't aware Driver was a 3x pro bowler, but that doesn't surprise me. Dude was legit in his prime. And he's my favorite Packers receiver of all time. But in regards to when Rodgers took helm, he was 33 and fell behind the likes of Jennings, Jones, Jordy, and an upcoming Cobb. I appreciate the 411. Alright so that's two.

Probowl aside, Schroeder had a few decent seasons with Favre, then went to crap when he played for the Lions - as he should have.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schroeder, Bradford, Javon Walker (minus ONE season), Ferguson, etc they all went to crap pretty much after leaving the Packers

Bubba Franks was legit as a REDZONE target... Anyone getting him confused for someone like Finley or Jimmy Graham is a complete idiot.

I loved Bubba to death, but he was NOT a "fast" or "athletic" type of TE, he was a REDZONE guy, picture a TALLER version of Richard Rogers basically

Did we forget his (i think) Pro Bowl year when he had like 9 touchdowns off of 30 catches????

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schroeder, Bradford, Javon Walker (minus ONE season), Ferguson, etc they all went to crap pretty much after leaving the Packers

Bubba Franks was legit as a REDZONE target... Anyone getting him confused for someone like Finley or Jimmy Graham is a complete idiot.

I loved Bubba to death, but he was NOT a "fast" or "athletic" type of TE, he was a REDZONE guy, picture a TALLER version of Richard Rogers basically

Did we forget his (i think) Pro Bowl year when he had like 9 touchdowns off of 30 catches????
So far Graham has been a disappointment. I think he'll have a better year this coming year, but he wasn't the same QB during his time in NO. That dude was a beast.

Finley as good as he was imho never lived up to his potential, b/c he always had the case of the dropsies. Hence why I call him "stonehands". Hence why I roll my eyes when he talks all this crap about Rodgers, especially considering they won the Superbowl without him. He was starting to live up to his potential until that freak injury.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point was that the TE was probably a "wash/draw" between Favre and Rodgers.

Chmura was good, probably about equal to Finley imo

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The title of this topic portrays the problem with professional sports fan bases. We are too often focused on individual players rather than the team, and the organizations themselves are guilty of this. I could care less about Rodgers' legacy or the legacy of any other player/coach of the Packers. All that matters is the Lombardi trophy. Win that every year and the legacy will take care of itself.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All that matters is the Lombardi trophy. Win that every year and the legacy will take care of itself.
Shoot. I don't want to be accused of embracing mediocrity, but I'd even settle for winning it every other year.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Shoot. I don't want to be accused of embracing mediocrity, but I'd even settle for winning it every other year.

I don't know. Isn't that setting the bar a little low? I mean; would the incredible, amazing, incomparable, self effacing, self sacrificing, Tom Brady settle for that? (Now where is that sarcasm emoji when I need it?)

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I don't know. Isn't that setting the bar a little low? I mean; would the incredible, amazing, incomparable, self effacing, self sacrificing, Tom Brady settle for that? (Now where is that sarcasm emoji when I need it?)

I actually think Brady would be more or less content with that ... :rolleyes: - It’s his Master and Dark Lord, who wants perfection every year, every game ... :roflmao:

The Emperor will *not* be denied ...

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha! You know good and damn well for starters Rodgers was injured, on top of that you know good and well it takes time to develop chemistry. Nice try though. You are so full of it. Please name a WR under Favre's era that he helped get them into the pro bowl since he helped make them into semi-stars than Rodgers. I'll even start you off with Freeman. Don't even try Sharpe b/c that dude was already a legit receiver before Favre.
The tone in this post suggests that no answer other than “Rodgers is King” would satisfy you.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tone in this post suggests that no answer other than “Rodgers is King” would satisfy you.
Lol! No way dude. I like Rodgers and all, but I don't marvel at him to make that kind of claim. :roflmao:

But in all seriousness just b/c I'm one of the people that defends him, doesn't mean I'm not objective when I take my stance regarding a matter or at least try to. There have been times where I personally criticized him as well. I feel like b/c he had a bad year the people that defend Arodg is starting to get a bad rap. What amazes me is how all it takes is one bad year, by his standard, and already we have people that quickly turned on the guy within the fanbase.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Lol! No way dude. I like Rodgers and all, but I don't marvel at him to make that kind of claim. :roflmao:

But in all seriousness just b/c I'm one of the people that defends him, doesn't mean I'm not objective when I take my stance regarding a matter or at least try to. There have been times where I personally criticized him as well. I feel like b/c he had a bad year the people that defend Arodg is starting to get a bad rap. What amazes me is how all it takes is one bad year, by his standard, and already we have people that quickly turned on the guy within the fanbase.

Seriously though ... its *not* just one bad year ... there have been (several) others ...

And before ppl come up with statlines that look impressive standing alone, please remember the Context ...

No one is disputing Rodgers’ talent ... but to blame the team (almost every time) for the Packers mediocre results is a stretch ...

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Seriously though ... its *not* just one bad year ... there have been (several) others ...

And before ppl come up with statlines that look impressive standing alone, please remember the Context ...

No one is disputing Rodgers’ talent ... but to blame the team (almost every time) for the Packers mediocre results is a stretch ...
Name the others.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is truly a ridiculous take. Rodgers currently is the most efficient quarterback in NFL history and has carried the Packers on his back for years before not being able to cover up for the lack of talent last season anymore. Yet there are spoiled brats that seriously believe he has had several bad years :rolleyes:

I suggest you take a look at the other teams in the North to realize what bad quarterback play is really all about.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can't say qb's make wr's. if the wr's getting open and catching the ball it's not on the qb. qb's get too much credit here. the tandem make each other. if the wr catches the ball with the db on his back is it on the qb? if the wr fights and wins a 50/50 ball is it on the qb? if the wr breaks the db's ankles and is wide open is it the qb? come on.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think QB's get more credit just because the truly great ones are few and far between. a guy that make all the throws, handle pressure, etc. Wr's are a little easier to come by just by numbers. For example GB often had 3-4 guys that were pretty good, and there are maybe 3-4 QB's in the league at any one time that i'd call pretty good.

But that doesn't mean it's all the QB. Jordy with his back shoulder and boundary capablities helped Rodgers immensely. Jennings and his ability to just be so smooth, take the pass and keep going helped Rodgers a lot. It's a 2 way street. Accurate passes go nowhere if they can't catch it, win a contested ball, or keep running with it. and getting open means nothing if you have to stop in your tracks and reach back for a poorly thrown ball and 3 feet of separation is meaningless if you have to dive in the dirt to try and get the ball. No YAC there.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think QB's get more credit just because the truly great ones are few and far between. a guy that make all the throws, handle pressure, etc. Wr's are a little easier to come by just by numbers. For example GB often had 3-4 guys that were pretty good, and there are maybe 3-4 QB's in the league at any one time that i'd call pretty good. But that doesn't mean it's all the QB. Jordy with his back shoulder and boundary capablities helped Rodgers immensely. Jennings and his ability to just be so smooth, take the pass and keep going helped Rodgers a lot.

It's a 2 way street. Accurate passes go nowhere if they can't catch it, win a contested ball, or keep running with it. and getting open means nothing if you have to stop in your tracks and reach back for a poorly thrown ball and 3 feet of separation is meaningless if you have to dive in the dirt to try and get the ball. No YAC there.
yup. same can be said for the great wr's. does anyone say culpepper made moss or young/mcnabb made owens? montana/rice? nope. is edelman seemingly wide open ALL THE TIME because of brady?

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You always say Rodgers blame the team, but I have yet to hear you site one example of when Rodgers blamed his teammates after a game during a podium.

Also you emphasize contexts in regards to statlines when we could easily say the same with the ones you bring up.

Name the others.
Agreed.

Reaction score
I suggest you take a look at the other teams in the North to realize what bad quarterback play is really all about.
So true.
Rodgers has been so historically good that he makes the players around him look better than they actually are. The one year he essentially just “holds his own” (let’s face it his stats this year would be the envy of the majority of QBs in the league) he’s suddenly “washed up” “too old” or “has no chance of winning a SB”
C’mown

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So true.
Rodgers has been so historically good that he makes the players around him look better than they actually are. The one year he essentially just “holds his own” (let’s face it his stats this year would be the envy of the majority of QBs in the league) he’s suddenly “washed up” “too old” or “has no chance of winning a SB”
C’mown
who has he made look better than they really are? everyone on this team is exactly what they are...no more, no less. and who said he's “washed up” “too old” or “has no chance of winning a SB”?

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who has he made look better than they really are? everyone on this team is exactly what they are...no more, no less. and who said he's “washed up” “too old” or “has no chance of winning a SB”?
Certainly no WR that has left GB under the Rodgers time hasn't been able to find the amount of success they had during their time with him. Case in point look at Jennings, or even James Jones. :rolleyes:

When James Jones returned he arguably was a pro bowler that got snuffed.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
So true.
C’mown

This is were I really disagree ...

As for Jennings ... might want to check your facts ...

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for Jennings ... might want to check your facts ...
Refute it then. His career best was in Green Bay under Rodgers. That is a fact. But by all means educate us.

Imho Jennings owes his career and how he got on Fox thanks in part to Rodgers as he hasn't really done anything memorable since his depature.

Members online

Latest posts