Rodgers own legacy

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many more SB’s will the guy even get to?? He just turned what? 34?? Can he get 5 more lol!! If he can get at least two more under his belt, and maybe two more MVPs can he enter th GOAT conversation again? I just feel like Rodgers could’ve achieved much more if were in a better situation overall.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many more SB’s will the guy even get to?? He just turned what? 34?? Can he get 5 more lol!! If he can get at least two more under his belt, and maybe two more MVPs can he enter th GOAT conversation again? I just feel like Rodgers could’ve achieved much more if were in a better situation overall.

Water under the bridge. As for the future, we'll see.

:)

H

HardRightEdge

Water under the bridge. As for the future, we'll see.

:)
Right. Woulda, shoulda, coulda is not constructive. It is also not constructive to reach for fixes because of lost opportunities or some ticking Rodgers clock, you will not get where you want to go.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rodgers is going to enter the discussion when he pulls off this 3-peat that is inevitably coming.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers would have to at least win 5 now in order to go in the GOAT conversation. Brady winning his recent, has just made himself the undisputed GOAT. If Rodgers goes undefeated and beats Brady twice in the SB on his quest for 4-5 rings, only THEN can he have that title. But I believe for right now he'll have to focus on being the second. There were so many things that went in favor of NE in the SB, (Seattle, Atlanta, and now LA) that it's just mind boggling.

Reaction score
I think he should keep his mustache during the season and grow his hair back out. Its the only way we can make a deep playoff run

Reaction score
On a serious note I do agree Brady is the GOAT, however, If AR only scored 13 points, you can GUARANTEE they would have lost. I mean how is it that Brady gets all(or most) of the credit when they only score 13 points and still win. Just something to think about.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a serious note I do agree Brady is the GOAT, however, If AR only scored 13 points, you can GUARANTEE they would have lost. I mean how is it that Brady gets all(or most) of the credit when they only score 13 points and still win. Just something to think about.

I'm just glad they didn't give him the SB MVP.....I was half-expecting it, as a knee-jerk reaction. He wasn't as awful as Goff was in the game, but it wasn't a great effort either.

Reaction score
I disagree with this. Aaron Rodgers needs only 1 thing to keep him in the conversation. He needs To go head-to-head with Tom Brady in a SB and win convincingly. Particularly if GB has the inferior Defense. That alone would get him back in the conversation.
As far as strictly SBs that doesn’t tell the whole picture but IMO Aaron would need 2 in a row or 3 more etc.. to get his respect back AND Tom would need to basically just STOP!
Rodgers would have to at least win 5 now in order to go in the GOAT conversation. Brady winning his recent, has just made himself the undisputed GOAT. If Rodgers goes undefeated and beats Brady twice in the SB on his quest for 4-5 rings, only THEN can he have that title. But I believe for right now he'll have to focus on being the second. There were so many things that went in favor of NE in the SB, (Seattle, Atlanta, and now LA) that it's just mind boggling.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with this. Aaron Rodgers needs only 1 thing to keep him in the conversation. He needs To go head-to-head with Tom Brady in a SB and win convincingly. Particularly if GB has the inferior Defense. That alone would get him back in the conversation.
As far as strictly SBs that doesn’t tell the whole picture but IMO Aaron would need 2 in a row or 3 more etc.. to get his respect back AND Tom would need to basically just STOP!

Yeah I don't think he needs to match him or get that many SB's. That's a team effort, and I think winning 4 more in his career seems impossible. If he can get to 3, then beat Tom in MVP's as well as career yards and touchdowns he should be considered. All in all it's garbage because just giving it the eye test you can see he's got loads more talent than Tom does. He doesn't even really ever have to move.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I am by no means saying Aaron Rodgers is the greatest QB of all time. I am by no means saying Tom Brady is not one of the greatest QBs of all time. But If Tom Brady is GOAT based on the fact he won 6 Super Bowls, doesn’t that logic make Terry Bradshaw the second best (tied with Joe Montana) and completely take Dan Marino out of the conversation? I think each of the greatest QBs were best at something. Tom is the greatest leader and football IQ of all time. I do not think Tom Brady is the greatest passer of all time. Football is not like basketball, hockey, baseball and soccer. So much more goes into it. Just my opinion, but I never understood this debate.

If Rodgers was playing QB for the Patriots last night, the score probably would have been 27-3.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is going to enter the discussion when he pulls off this 3-peat that is inevitably coming.

Agreed. Someone is going to do it at some point. Might as well be Rodgers. He'll do what Brady could never do. And since the AFC sucks and Brady is going to play 'til 45, Rodgers will be 3-0 against Brady in the Super Bowl. Rodgers will end up being GOAT due to the head-to-head factor.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
While Rodgers is far superior to most other QBs, in regards to raw physical talent .... - There is NO disputing the fact, while Brady might play less stellar during the season, or even in some play off games, you can NOT deny that when push comes to shove and the Patriots needs to move the chains, more often than not, Brady WILL get the job done, and has ... Just look at the 3rd down conversions in the recent Super Bowl.

Personally, I've always been a fan of Belichick, more than Brady, but if anything, Brady has proven that when it matters most, he will usually get it done, regardless ...

On another note ... Some of you guys seriously need to check your arguements, about Rodgers as "Goat" ... - If Rodgers is to even be considered in that Conversation, he needs to achieve far more than what little he already has ...

And no, it is doubtful Rodgers would be able to play under Belichick ... - Rodgers would rather tank (to get a Coach fired ...) than win ... and Belichick wouldn't accept the behaviour on aswell as off the field, as Rodgers has displayed in past seasons gone ...

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
And no, it is doubtful Rodgers would be able to play under Belichick ... - Rodgers would rather tank (to get a Coach fired ...) than win ... and Belichick wouldn't accept the behaviour on aswell as off the field, as Rodgers has displayed in past seasons gone ...
Further proving my point on why you are incapable of fairly assessing Rodgers. To suggest that he tanked to get a coach fired is so laughably absurd that I really don’t even know why I’m wasting my time responding right now.

You have zero foundation to proclaim that Rodgers tanked. But I guess when you’re a hater you can make all kinds of false claims to fit your anti-Rodgers agenda.

Reaction score
Talk about your future GOAT, Rodgers, or Brady, what about this kid Patrick Mahomes.
If he stays healthy, and they give him the right horses to win in future and at such a young age, watch his smoke

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would take Patrick Mahomes over Aaron Rodgers right now. Even if you gave AR a better supporting cast. Mahomes isnt like RG3. This dude is the real deal. And thats not a dig against AR, I simply think Mahome's is/will be that good in years to come.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mahomes is making throws just like Rodgers did in years' past. The difference is that Andy Reid quickly dumped his pathetic DC, while MM kept his pathetic DC for 7 years. So Mahomes won't have the entire prime of his career wasted away.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way to early to proclaim sny
I would take Patrick Mahomes over Aaron Rodgers right now. Even if you gave AR a better supporting cast. Mahomes isnt like RG3. This dude is the real deal. And thats not a dig against AR, I simply think Mahome's is/will be that good in years to come.
thing about Mahomes, lots of players have had a spectacular year. But I will admit he does appear to be special

Reaction score

I totally agree 100%
And Mahomes is lucky (for now) to be making 1/3 of Rodgers salary.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talk about your future GOAT, Rodgers, or Brady in the future, what about this kid Patrick Mahomes.
If he stays healthy, and they give him the right horses to win in future and at such a young age, watch his smoke

He was the best QB this past season and if he keeps it up who knows.

I think it is going to be very difficult for anyone to come close to 6 SB wins which is probably always going to be the most important factor when discussing the GOAT. I mean if someone had 4 and others had 2 or 3 then maybe not so much but when you have 6 it means something. Montana has 4 and he will always be in consideration IMO but for anyone coming up to even be considered I think they will need at least 3. If they don't get the wins they will need 3 or 4 MVP seasons to offset it.

I do think BB has more to do with the Patriots success than TB but even the best coach has to have a QB that can play. The thing about Brady is he gets the job done when it counts more often than not. If you want a QB who will get you stats he may not be the top choice but if you take any QB and put him on the worst team in the league and need a victory for one game I'd take Brady over anybody.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts