Rodgers knee and miss mosh stuff

H

HardRightEdge

Jimmy Graham opening the middle of the field for other Packer receivers by not actually himself being used in the middle of the field, along with GB using HI-LO over concepts is kinda unconventional for Green Bay if you ask me-at least compared to what we've done previously
Jared Cook: 9 catches on 12 targets, 180 yds.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brace gave him added stability and confidence and it showed. stick with the same procedure as last week (let kizer have all the reps except saturday) and things will progress nicely.

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Aaron's knee?

Why are you changing the subject? :D

Seriously, though... I did notice a very encouraging sign yesterday, late in the game. One of the times Rodgers was turfed, when he got up he used his left leg and knee to lift himself off the ground. I don't know how to explain it, but instead of favoring his left leg, he stuck his left leg out in front of him instead of his right, and lifted his whole Rodgersness off the ground and upright by straightening his left knee. It's hard to believe he would have (or even could have) done that if he was having any real pain or instability in the knee. I was pretty happy to see that.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why are you changing the subject? :D

Seriously, though... I did notice a very encouraging sign yesterday, late in the game. One of the times Rodgers was turfed, when he got up he used his left leg and knee to lift himself off the ground. I don't know how to explain it, but instead of favoring his left leg, he stuck his left leg out in front of him instead of his right, and lifted his whole Rodgersness off the ground and upright by straightening his left knee. It's hard to believe he would have (or even could have) done that if he was having any real pain or instability in the knee. I was pretty happy to see that.

Think some of what you saw early on was Rodgers just getting used to playing full tilt with that brace on. While he obviously wore it before the game to get fitted and comfortable with it, that is nothing like going out there and testing it in real action and having the confidence that he can play with it on and withstand the blows. Not sure how long he will be wearing it, but I think we see an even more mobile and comfortable Rodgers this Sunday.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have a decent lead in the 3rd quarter; I would be for taking Arod out. He has shown he could come back in if needed and it sounds like his knee needs rest. So I would gamble and put pressure on the D.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If we have a decent lead in the 3rd quarter; I would be for taking Arod out. He has shown he could come back in if needed and it sounds like his knee needs rest. So I would gamble and put pressure on the D.
Better be a lead of 24+ points. ;) Also remember, it isn't just the Washington Redskins offense that can score, Hundley Kizer is capable of putting up a couple of TD's for Washington as well.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping for a humorous thread.
Something like about his knee having some say in it or some kind of joke like what he kneeds or about making bread etc.

What is funny is that sometimes when I click on this thread there is an image of a knee X-ray in a banner ad for the "5 Worst Arthritis Foods."
Anyone else get that?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read that Rodgers says he doesn't know if the knee will get better this season. He just hopes it doesn't get worse.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Unfortunately I don't think we're going to be able to do that. I think in the end we can beat em by 10-14 points, but that wouldn't be enough to where you'd be comfortable sitting him.

Now ... Against Buffalo next week, I'd consider giving Rodgers the week off. That Bills team is so raddy I'm quite certain Kizer could pass for 4 TDs on them.

Same with the Cardinals when we play them. That Cardinals team makes last year's Browns team look like the Patriots.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think we're going to be able to do that. I think in the end we can beat em by 10-14 points, but that wouldn't be enough to where you'd be comfortable sitting him.

Now ... Against Buffalo next week, I'd consider giving Rodgers the week off. That Bills team is so raddy I'm quite certain Kizer could pass for 4 TDs on them.

Same with the Cardinals when we play them. That Cardinals team makes last year's Browns team look like the Patriots.

As much as I would like to see AR be able to take a game or 2 off, I saw way too much of the Packers play last year without him to want to do it intentionally. Kizer doesn't look any better than Hundley and we saw what the Packers did on the Road last year in Cleveland and against other "not so good" teams without Rodgers.

As long as he isn't risking injuring that knee more and he can play on it, I am hoping just no practice, the bye week and an easy game or two, will help his healing process to keep him around for all 19 games this season.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I would like to see AR be able to take a game or 2 off, I saw way too much of the Packers play last year without him to want to do it intentionally. Kizer doesn't look any better than Hundley and we saw what the Packers did on the Road last year in Cleveland and against other "not so good" teams without Rodgers.

As long as he isn't risking injuring that knee more and he can play on it, I am hoping just no practice, the bye week and an easy game or two, will help his healing process to keep him around for all 19 games this season.

I disagree. When he didn't have Khalil Mack raining down on him, he looked way more decisive than old dumpster fire and has better accuracy. Plus we were able to run the ball some against Minny without our best RB. Pretty sure we could run wild on Buffalo and Arizona.

Man, you need to get NFL red zone and watch more games poker. I don't think you know just how bad those 2 teams are. They're way worse than Cleveland.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Just read that Rodgers says he doesn't know if the knee will get better this season. He just hopes it doesn't get worse.
Hope that's just his way of tempering expectations.

I can't see how it could get worse unless he takes a ton of punishment.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Man, you need to get NFL red zone and watch more games poker. I don't think you know just how bad those 2 teams are. They're way worse than Cleveland.

I'm starting to not like watching just one game (Packers) per week, no need to give the NFL any of my money. ;)

I was referring to the Cleveland Browns that the Packers faced last year, you know the ones that went 0-16, with Kizer at QB and took us to overtime? While I would like to think that Kizer could QB a win over both Buffalo and Arizona, I wouldn't want to stake a potential Playoff spot and/or home field advantage on being too confident about it. If you were talking about sitting any of the other players not named Aaron Rodgers, to save them for a tougher game, I would be on board, but I still feel the Packers are only as good as #12.

Actually and this may sound way off, but if the Packers win their next 4 games and the Rams are still crushing it, I would say the smarter move would be to give AR the bye week and the @ Rams game off. That gives AR from 10/15 - 11/4 to rest and get ready for the @ Patriots game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The rams game would be far more important than the Patriots game. and no coach worth a **** is going to put his team and a disadvantage and send that message to his team

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Aaron can play, he is going to play. Nobody is good enough to give your QB1 "the game off"

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The rams game would be far more important than the Patriots game. and no coach worth a **** is going to put his team and a disadvantage and send that message to his team

If Aaron can play, he is going to play. Nobody is good enough to give your QB1 "the game off"

I was saying "if" the Packers felt he needed the time off, that game would make more logical sense IMO. I'm not saying they should. If AR can play, he will want to play in every game he can.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If they feel he needs time off, then he shouldn't be playing now
Sounds like something he will be dealing with the remainder of the season. I doubt the Packers would be playing him if it could get worse. However, its obvious he isn't playing at 100% and that could increase his chances of being injured. If he thinks he can play and he plays smart, he is going to play. The whole "time off" discussion came about with the idea of if rest would help him to heal, when should that come?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This, the Pats and Bills games are out of conference and winning and losing those holds way less weight than the Rams game. There is absolutely no logic behind what Poker suggested, especially considering the Rams are a top vyer for the number 1 seed along with us, Minny and likely Philly, so we lose that game and we might lose our shot at getting the number one seed.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to not like watching just one game (Packers) per week, no need to give the NFL any of my money. ;)

Ahh see there's your problem, you're losing too much faith in the league already.

It can be fixed. Fans just need to wake up and realize the league's problems are all Goodell's fault and implore the players union to go on strike until he is fired. Once Goodell gets barbecued and dropped in the bottom of a river, a new commissioner shall throw players safety out the window and return the league to its glory days.

Booyah

Members online

Latest posts