Rodgers knee and miss mosh stuff

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of that is perhaps the Jimmy Graham effect. It seemed the Bears were keeping pretty close tabs on him, and the middle of the field was wide open. Interesting to see how this plays out as we move forward.

I find it very fascinating-we may be able to attack the middle of the field more effectively but in more unconventional ways than most of us expected due to Graham's presence/the offensive philosophy this season.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just my opinion, but in the draft we passed on cook and mixon for kevin king. Teams pin their ears back and bull rush aaron everytime. Like come on MM, you use RB's for a reason. Teams sit 2 high safties and aaron holds the ball too long because teams know every shotgun play we run. Im sorry but you dont pass on talent like dalvin cook and mixon. Our play book is so simple it proves just how great aaron is. Why you think aaron is under constant pressure theres noone in the backfield the opposing defenses fear.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Mixon and Cook had altercations in college that basically removed them from our consideration.

Joe Mixon punched a female that was filmed and Cook was charged with a punching a woman outside a bar... Game over for the Packers choosing either of those players.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Both Mixon and Cook had altercations in college that basically removed them from our consideration.

Joe Mixon punched a female that was filmed and Cook was charged with a punching a woman outside a bar... Game over for the Packers choosing either of those players.

Old news, but I still agree with it. :)

Both players could very well turn out to be outstanding citizens as well as HOF, but I am just fine with drawing the line in the sand of not drafting players with those kinds of histories.

H

HardRightEdge

I find it very fascinating-we may be able to attack the middle of the field more effectively but in more unconventional ways than most of us expected due to Graham's presence/the offensive philosophy this season.
That's hardly unconventional and it's exactly what you would expect to get out of a Jimmy Graham.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he can make it thru this game without further injuring the knee... he should get a break with our next 4 games.

Of course, if our O-Line takes 30 minutes of playing before waking up like we did against the Bears... then sit Rodgers before he is out the whole year.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's hardly unconventional and it's exactly what you would expect to get out of a Jimmy Graham.

Jimmy Graham opening the middle of the field for other Packer receivers by not actually himself being used in the middle of the field, along with GB using HI-LO over concepts is kinda unconventional for Green Bay if you ask me-at least compared to what we've done previously

D

Deleted member 6794

Jimmy Graham opening the middle of the field for other Packer receivers by not actually himself being used in the middle of the field, along with GB using HI-LO over concepts is kinda unconventional for Green Bay if you ask me-at least compared to what we've done previously

The Bears did a pretty good job of shifting coverage towards Graham. Fortunately that made room for Cobb and Allison to get open though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Bears did a pretty good job of shifting coverage towards Graham. Fortunately that made room for Cobb and Allison to get open though.

That could end up being a key component to the rest of the season IMO. Having both Cobb and G-Mo perform well. Teams already knew that they would have to give attention to both Adams and Graham and hope that Allison and Cobb wouldn't sting them. Well now, a team like the Vikings are looking at the film and saying "oh crap, we may not be able to just put our worst player on G-Mo and one guy on Cobb."

Pick your poison defenses, because AR just may have 4-5 guys coming at ya and all of them are capable of getting open and making a big play. Having 3 WR's and a TE capable of doing that also may allow Philbin to either sneak a RB out for an easy one or keep him home for added pass protection.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"they" say he can't worsen his injury so hopefully he's well enough to go. Just hate to give the vikings a target to aim for.

D

Deleted member 6794

That could end up being a key component to the rest of the season IMO. Having both Cobb and G-Mo perform well. Teams already knew that they would have to give attention to both Adams and Graham and hope that Allison and Cobb wouldn't sting them. Well now, a team like the Vikings are looking at the film and saying "oh crap, we may not be able to just put our worst player on G-Mo and one guy on Cobb."

Pick your poison defenses, because AR just may have 4-5 guys coming at ya and all of them are capable of getting open and making a big play. Having 3 WR's and a TE capable of doing that also may allow Philbin to either sneak a RB out for an easy one or keep him home for added pass protection.

Allison has to prove that he can have an impact on a consistent basis before teams will start game planning for him as well. He's off to a good start this season though.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's nice to have Joe Philbin back - He was missed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Allison has to prove that he can have an impact on a consistent basis before teams will start game planning for him as well. He's off to a good start this season though.

Right, like I said, his having an impact right away could be a very key component in this offense having a lot of success. I am guessing that the Vikings are game planning for him more than they would have had he been pretty quiet against the Bears.

It's nice to have Joe Philbin back - He was missed.
Especially, the "second half Joe"

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, like I said, his having an impact right away could be a very key component in this offense having a lot of success. I am guessing that the Vikings are game planning for him more than they would have had he been pretty quiet against the Bears.

Especially, the "second half Joe"

I sure hope that doesn't catch on.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One note. Before he was hit, his left foot slid into Bakhtiari's, then he might have torqued the knee before he was hit.

Rodgers is calling it a sprain with no futher details provided. When asked if he needed to practice this week in order to play, he said "no".

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/12/aaron-rodgers-calls-his-injury-a-sprained-knee/

How's that?
Since 5his was a knee thread figured it was his knee. But it wasn't.

And b4 you go on a rant, it's just a little teasing

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just my opinion, but in the draft we passed on cook and mixon for kevin king. Teams pin their ears back and bull rush aaron everytime. Like come on MM, you use RB's for a reason. Teams sit 2 high safties and aaron holds the ball too long because teams know every shotgun play we run. Im sorry but you dont pass on talent like dalvin cook and mixon. Our play book is so simple it proves just how great aaron is. Why you think aaron is under constant pressure theres noone in the backfield the opposing defenses fear.

Aaron Jones is just as good, he’s just suspended.

JimWB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all will be on pins and needles the next couple days I’m sure...however we know Pat McKenzie is the most overprotective Dr. In the NFL as well as the Packers training staff. If they allowed Rodgers to go back into the game I don’t think anything is torn up in his knee...however I do feel like he has a sprained MCL/PCL. He can play with that injury...but he should definitely wear knee protection as it could be a lingering injury for most of the season.

His ability to throw hasn’t diminished...but forget seeing him run around for at least the next 3-4 weeks if he does play on it. Short timing routes and and max protection will definitely be on display if MM has any sense. The Jimmy Graham experiment may have to take a back seat in favor of Mercedes Lewis who is a way better blocker. They can flank him out wide but I hardly saw any of that last night as Khalil Mack and the Bears front gave us problems. So Graham was kept in his “traditional” tight end role. He can still be effective, but he’s going to have to help Block.
I sprained my knee in late April and I'm still at 75%. Of course, I'm 64 years old. Lol.

Members online