Rodgers knee and miss mosh stuff

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, with the Mack truck coming down on him.
He ran outside of his pocket and right into his arms. Bulaga was in decent position and he screwed his blocker and himself. On the next one, Mack wasn't coming down on him, whoever Linsley let thru (Smith maybe?) was and he thru it right to Mack. Gift wrapped 2 turnovers for him is basically what he did

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing for it but to wait and see. My best hope right now is that it doesn't get any worse the rest of the season.

As long as it doesnt get torqued again it should be feeling much tons better after the bye week. It's a 4-6 week injury of hes testing it. I'm not surprised he doesnt feel a difference after one week. Even if he sat out he'd still probably feel about the same at this point. Doesnt mean it wont get better as the season goes on (assuming he doesnt torque it again)

Again, with the Mack truck coming down on him.

He ran DIRECTLY into Mack and damn near litteraly handed him the ball on one play and threw a pass DIRECTLY at him on a screen pass on another. Saying "Mack truck was coming down on him" would only be a valid excuse if his TOs were due to Mack forcing the mistake and not a direct result of completely stupid decisions

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
He ran outside of his pocket and right into his arms. Bulaga was in decent position and he screwed his blocker and himself. On the next one, Mack wasn't coming down on him, whoever Linsley let thru (Smith maybe?) was and he thru it right to Mack. Gift wrapped 2 turnovers for him is basically what he did

I was reading that and I kid you not.....I was picturing Hundley at QB. I know they aren't the same person, but can we really be sure?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

It was a screen. That's why #95 was on Kizer so fast. The problem was that Mack read the screen and stayed in coverage. Kizer should have eaten it and taken the sack. Instead, he threw towards Williams and Mack was there waiting. Panic move.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley won three games last season so it might be realistic to expect Kizer being able to replicate that feat with the Packers.
Yeah, to be honest I don't think there's much difference between Kizer and Hundley.
Have they ever been seen together at the same time?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a screen. That's why #95 was on Kizer so fast. The problem was that Mack read the screen and stayed in coverage. Kizer should have eaten it and taken the sack. Instead, he threw towards Williams and Mack was there waiting. Panic move.
I remember the screen, Linsley could have given him a bit more of a shove at least. If nobody on the line is attempting a block, it becomes more obvious. and the QB still needs time for it to set up. But yes, he should have eaten it, pulled it down and ran straight ahead with it, or fired it at someone's feet. It was a total panic move

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
But yes, he should have eaten it, pulled it down and ran straight ahead with it, or fired it at someone's feet. It was a total panic move
Something Packer fans saw quite a bit last season. I'm starting to think its a coaching thing. ;)

H

HardRightEdge

Something Packer fans saw quite a bit last season. I'm starting to think its a coaching thing. ;)
That's part of it. Expecting Hundley or Kizer to run the same offense Aaron Rodgers runs, where the play call is a suggestion and the audibles are only limited by the personnel grouping, is asking too much. We also have to consider whether these guys are simply not a fit for a pro style offense.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I think it’s an inexperience thing. A mistake that, if he’s ever going to develop, he will learn from. Which reinforces what we’ve agreed upon several times— it would be better to have a veteran QB2 while developing Kizer as a QB3.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's part of it. Expecting Hundley or Kizer to run the same offense Aaron Rodgers runs, where the play call is a suggestion and the audibles are only limited by the personnel grouping, is asking too much. We also have to consider whether these guys are simply not a fit for a pro style offense.

Looks like you got yourself a fan HRE.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Proving my point that the OL quit and didn't get their heads on right without Rodgers behind center. Kizer had no chance and therefore cannot receive the Hundley grade until he starts as many games as that stinko.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He ran DIRECTLY into Mack and damn near litteraly handed him the ball on one play and threw a pass DIRECTLY at him on a screen pass on another. Saying "Mack truck was coming down on him" would only be a valid excuse if his TOs were due to Mack forcing the mistake and not a direct result of completely stupid decisions

They were and ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were and ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

On the contrary it's ridiculous to suggest that those TOs weren't simply a direct result of Kizer making two stupid decisions. (especially when Mack wasn't even the one pressuring Kizer on the screen so I'm not sure how you can attribute it to Mack pressuring him on the play but hey you do you)

I give Mack credit for capitalizing on those stupid decisions but they were stupid decisions non the less

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Proving my point that the OL quit and didn't get their heads on right without Rodgers behind center. Kizer had no chance and therefore cannot receive the Hundley grade until he starts as many games as that stinko.

Im not sure that you realize he's started MORE NFL games then Hundley has? And guess what? He made the exact same stupid decisions while QBing for the Packers that he did for the Browns. How anyone can refer to Hundley as "stinko" when trying to defend Kizer even though Kizer was the ONLY QB worse then Hundley last year is mind dumbing.

I get it to an extent though. You "saw" how bad Hundley was last year and only "heard" about how bad Kizer played.

Not sure how Kizer running directly into the defender proves your point? In fact it seems to do the opposite

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Hopefully Rodgers will not jeopardize his career long term by playing though the injury. Would love to see Rodgers play at an elite level until his 40s like Brady.

I highly doubt the Packers would risk Rodgers suffering a career altering injury after the team signed him to the richest contract in NFL history just a month ago.

A backup quarterback should be able to run a screen pass and realize an edge rusher dropping in coverage on that play.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not sure that you realize he's started MORE NFL games then Hundley has? And guess what? He made the exact same stupid decisions while QBing for the Packers that he did for the Browns. How anyone can refer to Hundley as "stinko" when trying to defend Kizer even though Kizer was the ONLY QB worse then Hundley last year is mind dumbing.

I get it to an extent though. You "saw" how bad Hundley was last year and only "heard" about how bad Kizer played.

Not sure how Kizer running directly into the defender proves your point? In fact it seems to do the opposite

Yeah just keep believing in that made up fiction, I'll focus on reality.

H

HardRightEdge

Looks like you got yourself a fan HRE.
Considering the source, I take it as a badge of honor. ;) I see you've joined the club as well. In general, the "disagree" button seems to be trending. :coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Comparing Hundley and Kizer at this point is ridiculous. Sample size anyone?

Members online

Latest posts