Rodgers knee and miss mosh stuff

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ahh see there's your problem, you're losing too much faith in the league already.

It can be fixed. Fans just need to wake up and realize the league's problems are all Goodell's fault and implore the players union to go on strike until he is fired. Once Goodell gets barbecued and dropped in the bottom of a river, a new commissioner shall throw players safety out the window and return the league to its glory days.

Booyah

Honestly, I stopped watching a lot of games years ago. Got tired of hearing players b*tching about not making enough money. Gave up Baseball years ago, as well as the NBA. This new crap with the officiating is just another log on the fire of me giving up the NFL all together. Currently, its a love hate relationship. I love the Packers, but hate many of the aspects of what the game has turned into.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This, the Pats and Bills games are out of conference and winning and losing those holds way less weight than the Rams game. There is absolutely no logic behind what Poker suggested, especially considering the Rams are a top vyer for the number 1 seed along with us, Minny and likely Philly, so we lose that game and we might lose our shot at getting the number one seed.

If time off was necessary and did Rodgers good, my logic is that you don't sit him for 2 games, that are 2 months apart. You suggested the Bills and the Cardinals. One game is on 9/30 and the other on 12/2. Whether you think those games would be easy to win with Kizer or not, the benefit to Rodgers would be a lot less than sitting him for just the Rams game. Again, with the bye week, that would give him from 10/15-11/4 to rest. My response was to you thinking we could sit him for 2 games, I would only sit him if we had to and that would be for the longest continuous stretch possible and missing a game that we will have a hell of a hard time winning anyway, even with a healthy AR.

Hell, if you are going to sit him for 2 games, sit him after the Lions game, take your chance with Kizer against the 49ers in GB and then the Rams in LA and AR gets over a month off to rest and recover.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course it could get worse, I don't know where this notion that it couldn't came from. At the very least he has an MCL sprain, which means it's damaged and weaker than normal. Since a blow can damage a healthy one, a lesser one can certainly finish it off. These reporters run with **** and people consume it without thought.

Reaction score
I don't think Aaron's knee gets worse all by it's lonesome and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to jinx himself by saying he's just fine (at least I wouldn't)
I do think we need to be aware of his situation and modify our game plan (I'm sure they are doing just that) This is the ideal week to be getting Aaron Jones back healthy and I would be giving this running back crew a workload including an increased number of short passes. As mentioned above, if we are fortunate enough to get up several scores late in the 4th, we need to eat the clock and put Kizer in

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good news is I could see Rodgers getting half the Bills game off anyway. I don't see their defense doing anything, and once our offense breaks 20, the Bills seem in an insurmountable deficit. TheyllT definitely gift a few to Pettine's defense.

If the Cards are still playing Brett Hundley Bradford when we meet later on, same thing will happen. I'm guessing it'll be Rosen though. Well, not that he's going to suddenly magically turn them around, but he might bring some sparks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Love Rodgers. But you've gotta start planning ahead. Time to draft a QB in 2019.

Corrected it for you. :coffee: Rodgers contract runs through 2023. Why spend a first round pick on a guy that might not play for 5 years? Develop Kizer the best you can or pick up a vet QB next year.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Corrected it for you. :coffee: Rodgers contract runs through 2023. Why spend a first round pick on a guy that might not play for 5 years? Develop Kizer the best you can or pick up a vet QB next year.

Before the Rodgers extension I was fully on board with using one of the 1st rounders on a QB for the heir apparent but after it yeah either develop Kizer into a legitimate backup (he still has a ways to go even for that) or bring in a vet

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems to be more serious than I thought.
He just can't rub some dirt on it and it's fine.

Didn't the GD idiots of the GB staff learn a damn thing from last year when the STARting QB goes out?
Doesn't look like it.
Keep on keeping on Coach McMoron but please leave already and keep it on with another team.
Same old Packers.
Why Aaron, why did you stay?
You deserve better than what they give you and I don't mean with the money.

D

Deleted member 6794

I disagree. When he didn't have Khalil Mack raining down on him, he looked way more decisive than old dumpster fire and has better accuracy.

Kizer turned the ball over twice on only 14 snaps, that's not good enough to win in this league.

It can be fixed. Fans just need to wake up and realize the league's problems are all Goodell's fault and implore the players union to go on strike until he is fired. Once Goodell gets barbecued and dropped in the bottom of a river, a new commissioner shall throw players safety out the window and return the league to its glory days.

Goodell is the owners puppet but you have to realize that those rich guys decide on the direction the league is headed to. Therefore player safety will always be a point of emphasis moving forward with the owners being afraid of getting sued otherwise.

Corrected it for you. :coffee: Rodgers contract runs through 2023. Why spend a first round pick on a guy that might not play for 5 years?

A quarterback being drafted in 2019 probably won't play any meaningful downs before leaving in free agency.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Kizer could win at least 3 Games if the defense can hold up...Bills, Cardinals, and Lions are very winnable games for Kizer....is even say against the Jet as well. Especially since the guy is getting all the first team reps.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think Kizer could win at least 3 Games if the defense can hold up...Bills, Cardinals, and Lions are very winnable games for Kizer....is even say against the Jet as well. Especially since the guy is getting all the first team reps.
I wouldn't be comfortable banking on Kizer winning any of those games as the starting QB.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't be comfortable banking on Kizer winning any of those games as the starting QB.

Hundley won three games last season so it might be realistic to expect Kizer being able to replicate that feat with the Packers.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Hundley won three games last season so it might be realistic to expect Kizer being able to replicate that feat with the Packers.

Especially possible given that they play some pretty lousy teams coming up.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Expectations v.s. actual results aren't always the same.

We barely scratched those wins out last year against three lousy football teams. We almost got beat by the hapless, winless Browns. Took overtime to take down that juggernaut. Now, while I feel that this year's overall team is improved, there's no way I would feel comfortable with Kizer being able to lead us to victories, even against bottom feeders.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing for it but to wait and see. My best hope right now is that it doesn't get any worse the rest of the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Expectations v.s. actual results aren't always the same.

We barely scratched those wins out last year against three lousy football teams. We almost got beat by the hapless, winless Browns. Took overtime to take down that juggernaut. Now, while I feel that this year's overall team is improved, there's no way I would feel comfortable with Kizer being able to lead us to victories, even against bottom feeders.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't expect the Packers to win the majority of games with Kizer starting but they might squeeze out some wins against bottom feeders. Hopefully it's a moot point anyway though.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think we're going to be able to do that. I think in the end we can beat em by 10-14 points, but that wouldn't be enough to where you'd be comfortable sitting him.

Now ... Against Buffalo next week, I'd consider giving Rodgers the week off. That Bills team is so raddy I'm quite certain Kizer could pass for 4 TDs on them.

Same with the Cardinals when we play them. That Cardinals team makes last year's Browns team look like the Patriots.

You may changer your tune after the Bills bounce the vikings this week. Then again maybe you won't since you think the vikings are so over rated.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't expect the Packers to win the majority of games with Kizer starting but they might squeeze out some wins against bottom feeders. Hopefully it's a moot point anyway though.

Agreed. So far this team hasn't shown much to make them look much different than last years team. Also, Kizer hasn't proven himself to be an upgrade over Hundley yet. Not saying he won't be, but I wouldn't have much confidence in this team winning with Kizer running it.

CaptainCanuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Rodgers will not jeopardize his career long term by playing though the injury. Would love to see Rodgers play at an elite level until his 40s like Brady.