Rodgers knee and miss mosh stuff

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Good to see most of us are in agreement. So far Kizer is just a Hundley clone and without Rodgers, the Packers would for the most part be a clone of Packers 2017.

Fire Capers.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder that myself. Yeah a few posts on it, but page after page that doesn't pertain to his knee

Not unlike a lot of threads.

If it doesn't get any worse I doubt he will sit just to "give it a rest" He is tough and a competitor, if he can play through the pain and the risk of making it worse is not great he will play.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see most of us are in agreement. So far Kizer is just a Hundley clone and without Rodgers, the Packers would for the most part be a clone of Packers 2017.

Fire Capers.

If anything though, that just shows why Hundley deserved to get shipped outta here and why you don't belong in a league if you cannot grasp an offense after spending 3 years learning it.

If he's as far along as Hundley after having terrible coaching last year and way way way less time to learn under Rodgers, then I am of the belief he hasn't hit his ceiling yet.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this knee injury will be a positive thing in the end. Maybe it will keep Rodgers and the team focused, and not taking anyone for granted. Trying to think positive.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Maybe this knee injury will be a positive thing in the end. Maybe it will keep Rodgers and the team focused, and not taking anyone for granted. Trying to think positive.

There’s no way it’s a positive overall in my opinion, but it could have a couple positive residual effects if he gets the ball out faster and leans a little harder on his running game.

D

Deleted member 6794

If anything though, that just shows why Hundley deserved to get shipped outta here and why you don't belong in a league if you cannot grasp an offense after spending 3 years learning it.

If he's as far along as Hundley after having terrible coaching last year and way way way less time to learn under Rodgers, then I am of the belief he hasn't hit his ceiling yet.

The Seahawks think Hundley deserves another shot in the league. While Kizer definitely has the chance to develop into at least a decent backup he doesn't present an upgrade over Hundley at this point.

Brady was elite up until age 40. However, its now apparent father time has caught up to him.

Brady has completed 67.6% of his passes for five touchdowns with only one interception for a rating of 104.1 over the first two weeks of this season after leading the Patriots to the Super Bowl last season. Pretty impressive numbers if you ask me.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There’s no way it’s a positive overall in my opinion, but it could have a couple positive residual effects if he gets the ball out faster and leans a little harder on his running game.
That's kind of what I was thinking, but from what I've gathered of the Redskins game so far, my positive thinking hasn't counted for much.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks think Hundley deserves another shot in the league. While Kizer definitely has the chance to develop into at least a decent backup he doesn't present an upgrade over Hundley at this point.

And I will bet that CenturyLink Field will erupt with boos if he ever takes the field.

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was unable to see the game today. Can anyone tell me how the knee looked, especially as the game wore on?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I was unable to see the game today. Can anyone tell me how the knee looked, especially as the game wore on?
Apparently, it was driven into Alex Smith's gut, twisted and pounded a few times for effect. Oh wait, you weren't talking about Clay Matthews knee were you? :coffee:

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rogers was moving around decently as the game began. As the game went on, I perceived he was hurting a little more and it affected his passes. I hope his playing, rather than resting, does not hinder his full and rapid recovery. We need him extending plays and we need him in practice. In my opinion, the defense lost this game, not the offense. Washington was moving the ball well in all phases. I think they took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half as they sensed they had the game wrapped up. Why risk more passing. We lost by 2 touchdowns, but it could have been worse.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Rogers was moving around decently as the game began. As the game went on, I perceived he was hurting a little more and it affected his passes. I hope his playing, rather than resting, does not hinder his full and rapid recovery. We need him extending plays and we need him in practice. In my opinion, the defense lost this game, not the offense. Washington was moving the ball well in all phases. I think they took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half as they sensed they had the game wrapped up. Why risk more passing. We lost by 2 touchdowns, but it could have been worse.

My read on it is that it was on both units in a tale of two halves.

Poor execution and a gameplan that played into Gruden's hand meant that the Packers' defense got boat raced in the first half.

Drops, fumbles, and off target passes doomed the comeback bid in the 2nd half when the defense actually started shutting Washington down.

D

Deleted member 6794

In my opinion, the defense lost this game, not the offense. Washington was moving the ball well in all phases. I think they took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half as they sensed they had the game wrapped up. Why risk more passing. We lost by 2 touchdowns, but it could have been worse.

The defense definitely deserves blame for the loss after giving up 28 points in the first half but in my opinion it would be a mistake to let the offense (especially Cobb with Kendricks receiving an honorable mention) off the hook.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw both McCarthy and Rodgers on TV yesterday saying that Rodgers not practicing was hurting both him and the team (the receivers weren't getting in synch, etc). So it may be that his knee is improving, or they may think that if he's going to play, he's going to need to practice. Otherwise the team is going to be out of rhythm.

Latest posts