Rodgers gets the love

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was just watching NFL network. Jamie Dukes, Rich Eisen and Rod Woodson were saying who they liked for breakout candidates in 2009.

Rod Woodson said that, after this year, when talking about qbs in the league, everyone will mention Peyton Manning, Tom Brady AND AARON RODGERS.

Not only that, Eisen said that, if he had to pick one QB RIGHT NOW, he would choose Rodgers.

Wow.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Not only that, Eisen said that, if he had to pick one QB RIGHT NOW, he would choose Rodgers.

Wow.

I would too. I dunno why but I feel REALLY confident when Aaron is in there throwing. Maybe because he hasn't disappointed and embarassed me yet in a big playoff game by throwing stupid interceptions.

His only knock is he has 0 playoff experience outside of riding the pine at some. I really want to see how he does in high pressure playoff games. Maybe this year we'll get the chance.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On Pardon The Interruption Michael Wilbon said he chose Aaron in the 1st round in a fantasy football thing saying he's certain Rodgers will be the MVP in a few years. I like the love with Rodgers, but this seems to be too much.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eisen said that, if he had to pick one QB RIGHT NOW, he would choose Rodgers
i would too .. i think rodgers will have a great year ,, that being said rodgers had a great year last year the pack didnt ... so dont get me wrong im pumped for the season ,, however there are plenty of unanswered questions around this team ... so i dont wanna get too excited yet ... for anyone to say this is a play off team at this point is just crazy .. i believe we will have a better season than last ,, but remember there could be injurys .. not to mention im not inpressed with our ability to stop the run ... so we will have to see how this plays out ... eighter way ill be cheering all the way ...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Is it a sin to say that if I had to pick one QB right now it'd be Tom Brady?

Don't get me wrong, I love Aaron and I think he's got a real shot at an MVP this year, but I think maybe everyone's going a little overboard right now. He's had one good year. The mark of a truly great QB is sustained greatness, until he does that he's not on the Brady/Manning level for me.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, I love Aaron and I think he's got a real shot at an MVP this year, but I think maybe everyone's going a little overboard right now. He's had one good year. The mark of a truly great QB is sustained greatness, until he does that he's not on the Brady/Manning level for me.

Great point. Maybe Brady is a little bit of a question mark because of his knee injury and a probable shoulder injury thanks to Haynesworth. Manning is a great great great QB, but with a new HC and that OL...we just don't know.

If I had to pick a QB right now, it would be Drew Brees. That guy is just awesome. Then Rivers and then Rodgers. Let's see how he gets our offense going this season, specially to finish a game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Not at all, I think a majority of Packer fans feel the same..

He can't and SHOULDN'T be spoken on the same level of those 2...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will Brady be the same player he was 2 years ago? Brees and Rivers are amazing QBs to be sure. Isn't it fun that Rodgers is even in these conversations? :)

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
I think it's exciting that Arron Rodgers is getting great press. He's sure getting it here in Hampton Roads.

Still a bit of an unknown commodity, he's now at the forefront of demonstrating his ability to greatly help the Packers in their continued success as one of the great perennial teams in the NFL.

The Waterboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have herd a lot more people loving Rodgers after seeing his preseason dominance.I love AR also but preseason means very little and counts for nothing.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
I have herd a lot more people loving Rodgers after seeing his preseason dominance.I love AR also but preseason means very little and counts for nothing.

Actually, preseason means a lot. It culminates the last six months with what has been the best Packer training season thus far.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
id say because most 1st string ds are not playing at full speed ... most guys on the 1st string could care less about preseason ,, they have thier jobs and dont have to worry ...

also here is a lil tid bit to chew on .. last time green bay won all preseason games was in 99 when Ray Rodes and the pack olny won 8 games and Ray was fired after .. hents preseason really has little meaning if any ... now the reg season you will see the Ds moving at full speed ... thats when it really counts ... this is the reason i wont get too fired up about this season ... if you asked me today how many games we will win this season ,, id say maybe 8 games ...
im not impressed with our running game at all ... also our d still struggles to stop the run ... not to mention injurys ,, we havent even enbarked on that issue yet ... im not bashing the pack ,, i want them to go to the playoffs and compete ... however at this point the pack is far from a complete team ...
before all the hate mail ,, do me a favor .. look at last season we lost a ton of games by a few points ,,, why ?? ill tell ya why ,, we were dealing with the same issues we have today ... yea we could move the ball via rodgers and the pass game ,, but we couldent run the ball ... we couldent stop the run and every body and thier mom knew it .. thats the reason you loose close games .. it olny takes a few plays through the air to score a td ,,, but when you can run the ball you can eat the clock up and ensure a win ,, we cant do that ... IMO

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like rodgers too. Hall of fame QB IMO. BUT.......... Hes goona hafta find away to win in the fourth quarter and if he does that we got a chance at a superbowl

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I smell a bandwagon being constructed...

These guys on NFL Network want in early after seeing Rodgers practically doing whatever he wants to on the field this pre-season, much like a younger version of our former QB did during his ascension to MVP status.

It's possible they're seeing a parallel to the 49ers passing of the torch from Montana to Young. The similarities are apparent.

Not wanting to jinx Rodgers with unnecessary pressures I'll just carry on with a similar mindset that I held for #4 when he was on the rise - I'm just glad he's doing well & doing it for the Packers. Sky's the limit!

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible they're seeing a parallel to the 49ers passing of the torch from Montana to Young. The similarities are apparent.
It's been screaming to me since Rodgers took the team and played well. Also helps the comparison that old Favre was much more of a pocket passer, like Montana, and that Rodgers is a mobile Qb, like Young. Of course, the difference is the ammount of SBs each achieved... We'll still have to see about that.

The Waterboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, preseason means a lot. It culminates the last six months with what has been the best Packer training season thus far.

Actually, preseason really doesn't mean that much.Does anyone think that the teams that fired their OC are going to be better off because they did it in the preseason?AR along with the rest of the team has had a good preseason and I think they'll carry it over to the Reg. season.If they don't though, no one will say that it's such a surprise GB is struggling because they won all their preseason games.If Det. had gone 4-0 no one will decide to pick them as a playoff team.The off season is much more important the the preseason.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Actually, preseason really doesn't mean that much.Does anyone think that the teams that fired their OC are going to be better off because they did it in the preseason?AR along with the rest of the team has had a good preseason and I think they'll carry it over to the Reg. season.If they don't though, no one will say that it's such a surprise GB is struggling because they won all their preseason games.If Det. had gone 4-0 no one will decide to pick them as a playoff team.The off season is much more important the the preseason.

Still can't help but think someone was watching our preseason.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, on espn Adam Schefter predicted Aaron will be the NFL MVP. Adam and Michael Smith also had the Pack going to the SB. I don't know if I'm liking all this hype. I'm used to the pack being under the radar.

Members online

Latest posts