1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rodgers Game Used Ball Signed

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Renpen21, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Renpen21

Renpen21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, 1st time post apologies if I've posted in wrong section. I attended the NFL
    Game at Wembley last year between the 49ers and Broncos (hardly a classic) at the
    Tailgate I was lucky enough to win a Aaron Rodgers signed ball, it was pretty scuffed
    So I contacted the uk offices of the NFL and was told it was used in the game against
    The lions last year, I've since got it cased but wanting to insure it but cant seem to
    Find out how much it's worth. Any help or advice would be appreciated
    Ryan from England

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Get a hold of Packers?
    Phone Main Switchboard: 920.569.7500

Or Public Relations dept?

3. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    I will give you $5 for it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jamie97520

jamie97520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Hey Ryan, where abouts in England are you from? I was born and raised in Gloucestershire until i was 17 and then i moved to America (24 now) I am a big Packers fan and would be interested in buying the ball from you. e-mail me at jamiehstewart@live.com if you want to talk more.
    Cheers

5. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    You may have to up that ante with a plain blue shirt!

6. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    I will trade you three packs of fags for it, plus a pound of black pudding, " Icky Thump"

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    does it have a team name on it?

Upload pics of it and I might be able to ball park it for you. I assume you have paperwork for it.

8. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    I'll give $6!

• Like Like x 1
  9. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    Renpen21 posted:"

"Hi guys, 1st time post apologies if I've posted in wrong section. I attended the NFL
    Game at Wembley last year between the 49ers and Broncos (hardly a classic) at the
    Tailgate I was lucky enough to win a Aaron Rodgers signed ball, it was pretty scuffed
    So I contacted the uk offices of the NFL and was told it was used in the game against
    The lions last year, I've since got it cased but wanting to insure it but cant seem to
    Find out how much it's worth. Any help or advice would be appreciated
    Ryan from England."

I talked to a Packer fan here in Green Bay, who is collector of Packer memorbilia.

I asked him what the worth of a foot ball with Aaron Rodgers signature on it. He told me about $625.

However , You have to have a letter of authentication with it. Did you received this document ,when you received this football? If not this football is worth quite a bit less that $635..

10. Renpen21

Renpen21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Again
    Thanks for all the replies.
    In regards to a letter of authentication I've an e-mail from the UK NFL offices telling me it was game used and signed which i could use as proof, think i'm going to ask the UK office if they can type me something up for authenticity.

I've a few photos but not best quality as taken on my phone, i'll try get some better ones on my camera shortly.

Thanks for the offers to buy but not looking to sell (I've got a Tony Romo one which i would !!!)

ivo610-yes it has Packers on it but it's hard to pick up on the photos as it looks like the ball's taken some hammer.

11. The Real Pack Attack

The Real Pack Attack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    I'll go as high as $10

12. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    When the final price is settled, be sure to send the cash to me.
    I'll make sure it gets to the right guy.

13. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Cash to FF and the send the ball to me! :sneaky:

(this thread has taking on a life of its own!)

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    1. Your friend quoted you a retail price of a signed Rodgers ball, not a game used one.

2. We are either dealing with a game used ball or a damaged ball. Most likely its actually game used. either way its not a brand new retail ball.

3. You can have someone authenticate it so paperwork isnt that important for the signature, but just saves you some time if you plan on selling it.

4. Packers game used anything is rare, so something like this to the right collector might bring $900 to $2000. I would consign it to an auction house and hope for the best.

15. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,983
    Hang on to it. After Rodgers' 4th Super Bowl victory it will be worth a small fortune.