Rich Campbell Advice to Aaron Rogers

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is on the PackerNews web site - this A.M.
Campbell has some advice for Rodgers
The Green Bay Packers can only hope their selection of a University of California quarterback Saturday in the first round of the NFL draft works out better this time around.

Aaron Rodgers became the first quarterback since Rich Campbell in 1981 to be taken by the Packers in the first round. It

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I'll say it again - that pass play in Philly was our trip to the SuperBowl in 2003!

Blame an NFL legend or blame an incompetent head coach...I'm picking Sherman...2:30 left, 4th and inch on philly's 40 yard line (the previous play he ran Favre to pick up the 1st--stupid). In '03, the rushing offense ran over everyone, ran all over the Eagles in two whole games that season.

In a monday night game earlier that season at Lambeau, we have the lead late, punt the ball over to McNabb and he beats us--lesson learned, no, we send in the punting unit, turn the game over to our defense, and the rest is history. I dont know who sent in the 4th and 26 play, but sending 3 men to rush the QB...I knew something bad was gonna happen, isn't that how Elway drove on us in the super bowl, because of our refusal to rush the QB? When Sherman shouldn't have went for it, 4th and goal on the eagles 1, he did; we could've went up 17-0, 3 scores on an eagles offense that wasn't that good--without westbrook, pre-T.O.

Favre's throw was bad, but a few Sherman decisions beforehand sealed this loss. I'm still bitter about this loss, never gonna forget it, (look what one sentence about 2003 caused me to post, lol), maybe its because where i live i had to hear the "e-a-g-l-e-s" BS for an extra week, at my expense. Mike Sherman can go to hell, in my eyes he lost his job on this day, he's just gonna stick around as a nusiance for two more seasons.

that helped a lot...i forget about the "bad" (bad for now) draft after ripping mike sherman

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be very blunt - and I do appreciate your rant.. trust me....

Tom Rossley ADMITTED it was "his call" (the pass play where Brett was INT'd) that caused the turnover - he (SHOCK) took full blame for the debacle... As you say - we had been running down their throats all damn day - and Rossley goes and calls the friggin' pass play..... WAY WRONG! [Heck, wasn't the AZ game enuf fer ya Tommy?]

And, to bring up more panderings.... Dorsey Levens article on JSonline, just before the Playoffs - was all about having a chat with Andy Reid and the second SuperBowl (32) where after halftime, Holmgren QUIT USING the running plays and opted for a different approach - whic then mirrored what happened in 2003 in Philly. Holmgren using Levens had been pounding the ball at Denver ALL DAMN DAY - after the half, with absolutely NO explanation to Dorsey whatsoever - he was made to sit.. and well, you know the rest.

One comment was made, partially as a private nod to Dorsey, from Reid - and that was "after some time has passed" and probably when Dorsey is no longer in football - the two would sit down and have that conversation "as to why" Levens wasn't used but for three carries in the 2nd half against Denver in SBXXXII - Wouldn't you LUV to be a fly on the wall for that one!

You would think - that GB would learn from History - NOT repeat it!
With the signing of Ted Thompson - let's hope they pay more attention!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
To be very blunt - and I do appreciate your rant.. trust me....

Tom Rossley ADMITTED it was "his call" (the pass play where Brett was INT'd) that caused the turnover - he (SHOCK) took full blame for the debacle... As you say - we had been running down their throats all damn day - and Rossley goes and calls the friggin' pass play..... WAY WRONG! [Heck, wasn't the AZ game enuf fer ya Tommy?]

You would think - that GB would learn from History - NOT repeat it!
With the signing of Ted Thompson - let's hope they pay more attention!

Yeah i disagree with Rossley's call to switch to passing in the OT...what i'm talking about is when we punted instead of going for it, which most likely would've won the game.

its amazing how the same things always come back to haunt us...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Yeah i disagree with Rossley's call to switch to passing in the OT...what i'm talking about is when we punted instead of going for it, which most likely would've won the game.

You speaking of the 4th and 1 to go on the Eagles I think 30-40??

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am quite sure we ALL look at it from different angles - that game has been re-hashed probably more than all three of the Pats Superbowl games....

My point - I guess - is that if we keep running the ball, instead of that PASS PLAY - then what happens? We just run the ball down their throats - possibly even score one more time, we were in mid-field, correct? Just the same - we would have KEPT the ball at that time and the clock would have run out... 'course, this is just my opinion....

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
JavonWalker084 said:

i looked it up, 4th and 1 on the 41, and then favre tried to draw the eagles offside, punt from the 46, bidwill punts it thru the end zone. Keep in mind on 3rd and 5 he tries to roll out favre on a bootleg to run for the first down...

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys - WAS BRETT 'TOLD' TO TRY THAT TACTIC? Think about it......
Remember, for quite some time now - Brett's been a Company guy!
Otherwise, we'd be hearing some comments about certain Coaches, right?

You guys "really think" Brett would try to weasel out of going for it?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
SlickVision said:

i looked it up, 4th and 1 on the 41, and then favre tried to draw the eagles offside, punt from the 46, bidwill punts it thru the end zone. Keep in mind on 3rd and 5 he tries to roll out favre on a bootleg to run for the first down...

i really wanted them to go for it there... i was not a happy to see our punter

Members online

Latest posts